CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

It would be nice to be able to select skins with and without dirt in editor/garage. I prefer "just rolled of parade grounds". :)

That is exactly what we are discussing internally aswell.

• Like 4

For me very nice, but for me you should left that dirt :) and hmmwvs are looking badass but, wheels are to bright, idea is to change tire color into Black and dirt on it and middle of wheel paint wit Black/Green/tan paint

The tires on HMMMV have not yet been edited. As for the dirt. It's a bit more complicated then it seems. While color changes to the texture are easy to do, a different amount of dirt will require a new SMDI texture and possibly its own RVMAT. I set up dirtied areas in SMDI so they do not reflect light. Now you will need a way to switch an RVMAT on texture change. To me it seems like a more hassle than its worth.

• Like 1

more matt camo with mud instead glossy clean. Great work

That is exactly what we are discussing internally aswell.

You could go this way:

-Clean

-Dirt

-More dirt

-Great ammount of dirt

• Like 1

You could go this way:

-Clean

-Dirt

-More dirt

-Great ammount of dirt

That would probably be a little too extensive as opposed to two options, keep in mind that there is not only the woodland camo but

also desert and in same cases even more camo variants, with 4 options for each of them the arsenal would get incredibly cluttered.

Yup - keep it clean: i'd say parade clean and dirty. That would be enough for any type of scenario IMHO

• Like 2

That would probably be a little too extensive as opposed to two options, keep in mind that there is not only the woodland camo but

also desert and in same cases even more camo variants, with 4 options for each of them the arsenal would get incredibly cluttered.

You could do as the BIS Offroads do. Run it as a randomized Texture and allow customization via the Garage interface.

• Like 2

You could do as the BIS Offroads do. Run it as a randomized Texture and allow customization via the Garage interface.

that would be great. And also you could have it so when it is driving off road it applies the more and more mud.

that would be great. And also you could have it so when it is driving off road it applies the more and more mud.

I am unsure if that is even possible with the current Arma3 engine.

• Like 1

Guys, as I said before: a simple recolor is easy to do, different dirt amounts requires switching RVMAT to accommodate a changed SMDI map (with deals with reflections and such). AFAIK there is no easy way of doing it without scripting and such.

In short: it's WAYYYY more problems and issues than it's worth it.

If you want to make your own version feel free to do so, or if you make a mod that swaps the textures or something. I do not think CUP should deal with stuff like that. If my retexture will get included in the release I will absolutely don't mind you guys messing around with it and making your own stuff based on it.

hiddenS

Guys, as I said before: a simple recolor is easy to do, different dirt amounts requires switching RVMAT to accommodate a changed SMDI map (with deals with reflections and such). AFAIK there is no easy way of doing it without scripting and such.

In short: it's WAYYYY more problems and issues than it's worth it.

If you want to make your own version feel free to do so, or if you make a mod that swaps the textures or something. I do not think CUP should deal with stuff like that. If my retexture will get included in the release I will absolutely don't mind you guys messing around with it and making your own stuff based on it.

you can change rvmats ingame ;)

hiddenSelectionsTextures[] =
        {
            "rhsusf\addons\rhsusf_m1a1\data\rhsusf_m1a1aim_01_co.paa",
            "rhsusf\addons\rhsusf_m1a1\data\rhsusf_m1a1aim_02_co.paa",
            "rhsusf\addons\rhsusf_m1a1\data\rhsusf_m1a1aim_03_co.paa",
            "rhsusf\addons\rhsusf_m1a1\loaderspintle\data\loaderspintle_wd_co.paa"
        };
        hiddenSelectionsMaterials[] =
        {
            "rhsusf\addons\rhsusf_m1a1\data\rhsusf_m1a1aim_01.rvmat",
            "rhsusf\addons\rhsusf_m1a1\data\rhsusf_m1a1aim_02.rvmat",
            "rhsusf\addons\rhsusf_m1a1\data\rhsusf_m1a1aim_03.rvmat",
            "rhsusf\addons\rhsusf_m1a1\loaderspintle\data\loaderspintle_wd.rvmat"
        };
        class textureSources
        {
            class woodland
            {
                displayName="Woodland";
                Author_Macro
                textures[]=
                {
                    "rhsusf\addons\rhsusf_m1a1\data\rhsusf_m1a1aim_01_co.paa",
                    "rhsusf\addons\rhsusf_m1a1\data\rhsusf_m1a1aim_02_co.paa",
                    "rhsusf\addons\rhsusf_m1a1\data\rhsusf_m1a1aim_03_co.paa",
                    "rhsusf\addons\rhsusf_m1a1\loaderspintle\data\loaderspintle_wd_co.paa"
                };
                materials[]={
                    "rhsusf\addons\rhsusf_m1a1\data\rhsusf_m1a1aim_01.rvmat",
                    "rhsusf\addons\rhsusf_m1a1\data\rhsusf_m1a1aim_02.rvmat",
                    "rhsusf\addons\rhsusf_m1a1\data\rhsusf_m1a1aim_03.rvmat",
                    "rhsusf\addons\rhsusf_m1a1\loaderspintle\data\loaderspintle_wd.rvmat"
                };
            };
            class desert: woodland
            {
                displayName="Desert";
                Author_Macro
                textures[]=
                {
                    "rhsusf\addons\rhsusf_m1a1\data\rhsusf_m1a1aim_d_01_co.paa",
                    "rhsusf\addons\rhsusf_m1a1\data\rhsusf_m1a1aim_d_02_co.paa",
                    "rhsusf\addons\rhsusf_m1a1\data\rhsusf_m1a1aim_d_03_co.paa",
                    "rhsusf\addons\rhsusf_m1a1\loaderspintle\data\loaderspintle_d_co.paa"
                };
                materials[]={
                    "rhsusf\addons\rhsusf_m1a1\data\rhsusf_m1a1aim_d_01.rvmat",
                    "rhsusf\addons\rhsusf_m1a1\data\rhsusf_m1a1aim_d_02.rvmat",
                    "rhsusf\addons\rhsusf_m1a1\data\rhsusf_m1a1aim_d_03.rvmat",
                    "rhsusf\addons\rhsusf_m1a1\loaderspintle\data\loaderspintle_d.rvmat"
                };
            };
        };
  • Like 4

you can change rvmats ingame ;)

Hush, don't make my work harder. I'm trying to appease the mob here :P.

• Like 5

All right, the TUSK is done along with Desert variants. For now its a finalized version and I would like for it to stay that way. Let's just say I have something else in the works, I'm not sure if I manage to finish or get it into Arma, but I'll try.

http://imgur.com/a/0FBbF

• Like 13

I would check your Steam install of CUP, maybe a bad download?

• Like 1

Just deleted the folder and redownload the 6 gigs a few moments ago -the error was there before and after

Edit:hcpookie, yeah its weird as im only running the cup mods and cba.Ran a verify integrity check as well

2xEdit: Darnnit! Had IFA3Lite running as well -seemed like that was the cause -my bad

• Like 1

I don't get that error and CUP works just fine for me.  YOu must have either a bad install or a conflicting mod.  Steam has a reputation for munging downloads so I would lean toward that myself, but who knows.  I use the WithSix downloader and I never have issues.  Of course YMMV

I'm trying my luck at editing the p3d models, partially successful.

Make Huey Great Again!

http://imgur.com/a/iaZCa

If all goes well we might have a version with increased cargo, 9 troops + 2 door gunners, up from 4. There is a bit of clipping but nothing too horrifying.

EDIT: All right, I have fixed issues with the textures and now everything seems to be working fine. I even managed to get the new "Slick" variant working alongside the old one.

http://imgur.com/a/IgyTs

• Like 18

The new CDF models look like quality stuff!

But i'm more of a vanilla A2 ukrainian "dubok" camo fan. This new camo looks waay too polish'ed (pun intended)  ;)

Indeed really nice work Alwarren ! (special mention goes to desert version).

Just one things bother me the cap with night vision goggles... but it is no big deal  B)

Just one things bother me the cap with night vision goggles... but it is no big deal  B)

I used to put the NVG's in the unit's vest in cases where it looked out of place, and I might be doing that here as well. Problem with that approach is that units will not automatically equip the NVG's at night.

• Like 5

The new CDF models look like quality stuff!

They're the same models that are already used by the Russians, and yeah, they're pretty good.

But i'm more of a vanilla A2 ukrainian "dubok" camo fan. This new camo looks waay too polish'ed (pun intended)  ;)

I realize tastes are different. The pattern is AFAIK the same (TTsKO), the colors are slightly different but not by a wide margin. I tried to use colors that blend well with Chernarus, Takistan, and Summer Chernarus/Bystica, hence the three camo variants. 

• Like 3