CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

question, are the Cup vehicles ACE repair/refuel/ammo compatible?

tested with ACE 3.7 and the ACE 1.7 Compat  EDIT: CBA 3.1 used

all the Cup repair/ammo/refuel vehicles behave like vanilla vehicles. not like the ACE HEMTT repair/refuel/ammo.

is this intended?

it whould be nice to have them behave like the vanilla vehicles in ACE.

It's something we're aware of, we'll get around to fix them sometime soon-ish.

Thanks to Chairborne's help I did some experimenting with RVMAT's and got rid of that slight blue tint to the texture. I used the RVMAT from vanilla Arma 3. I made a comparison to the old textures.

http://imgur.com/a/iHRNY

• Like 5

Looks great. Are you going to add a Sandy texture for the desert varient?

Does it shoot banana ???????? :coop: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Anyway I can't wait too see this new textures in Arma 3. You do an awesome work, keep going !

Does it shoot banana ???????? :coop: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Anyway I can't wait too see this new textures in Arma 3. You do an awesome work, keep going !

Banana shell model is in the works.

• Like 1

question, are the Cup vehicles ACE repair/refuel/ammo compatible?

tested with ACE 3.7 and the ACE 1.7 Compat  EDIT: CBA 3.1 used

all the Cup repair/ammo/refuel vehicles behave like vanilla vehicles. not like the ACE HEMTT repair/refuel/ammo.

is this intended?

it whould be nice to have them behave like the vanilla vehicles in ACE.

In fact, it's already fixed and will be in the next update. ;)

can someone tell me which islands have a  high-rise buildings with the possibility to go to each floor?

I think I got it right this time around. It even looks decent at full overcast.

NOTE: you can click in the left upper corner to go to Imgur and see screens in full resolution.

http://imgur.com/a/5QO79

Pretty much the final version:

http://imgur.com/a/uUC2J

The textures are awesome. Are they coming with the next CUP update?

• Like 1

Just noticed there are no balaclavas that cover the mouth. All that is available is the one with a mouth opening, bank robber style

We could use some like this

qU7ftcg.jpg

Just noticed there are no balaclavas that cover the mouth. All that is available is the one with a mouth opening, bank robber style

We could use some like this

Did you just volunteer to make one?

• Like 1

VSM mod has all sorts of goodies.

Yes, it's a small'ish separate download. But you can't POSSIBLY be THAT lazy...  :mellow:

Would you accept a drawing made with crayons?

Only if it binarizes without error messages :)

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

• Like 3

The latest-ish version. This time with (finally) fixed brightness and along with recolored HMMMV, courtesy of krogui. I'm planning on manually painting in the camo pattern in accordance to military manual.

http://imgur.com/a/YibbJ

• Like 8

Superb progress! But how do you feel about the saturation levels? Still looks like it's a bit too over-saturated - especially the first screen w. the HMMWV?

• Like 1

Eh, it's hard to strike a good balance. Also Everon's lighting proves to be an issue. Some people say, too much saturation,then others say too little.I actually read up some of the military manuals and while the pattern geometry is actually standardised, there is some leeway regarding actual coloring. There are plans to have couple of variants, but we are not sure what will come out of this.

Here's a less saturated version I tested earlier. Feedback would be welcome.

http://imgur.com/a/xyW4g

• Like 8

Now dirt looks way too extreme. Other then that, it really looks fine to me!

Hopefully the upcoming CUP update will include your textures for testing, since people have differently calibrated monitors and different PP/gfx settings. So only a widespread test will show what(if anything) needs tweaking  ;)

Dirt looks awesome!!

Sorry for the "off topic", but is quite funny to see in the background of the photo the gate placed wrong in the middle of the road :P :D

Eh, it's hard to strike a good balance. Also Everon's lighting proves to be an issue. Some people say, too much saturation,then others say too little.I actually read up some of the military manuals and while the pattern geometry is actually standardised, there is some leeway regarding actual coloring. There are plans to have couple of variants, but we are not sure what will come out of this.

http://imgur.com/a/xyW4g

Awesome work buddy! I like the dirt, gives a nice feeling. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Don't knock yourself out trying to get the shading just right - just so it "blends well" I can't imagine it being a problem.  "don't sweat the small stuff"  :)

Less saturated = better IMO.

Dirt = better IMO.  Don't want them to look like they just rolled off of the parade grounds :)

Overall looking really good!

That's my FREE feedback - take it for what it's worth ;)

• Like 1

We decided to settle on the more saturated version of the camo. I also decreased the amount of dirt on the M1, but still left some on. The biggest change, however, is the handpainted camo pattern. I did my best to follow official military documentation regarding M1 Abrams 3 tone camo pattern. However, due to UV mapping on the model and my hand not being as steady as I would like, it came out a bit different.

I decided to change my screenshot location to Tanoa. I feel that Everon had odd lighting I think. I also noticed that the camera had the eye adaptation with meant if you don't let time flow for a moment everything might look too bright, or dark depending where you looked when enabling it.

http://imgur.com/a/JqjY5

• Like 7

It would be nice to be able to select skins with and without dirt in editor/garage. I prefer "just rolled of parade grounds". :)

Anyway, these textures look great. HMMWV too.

• Like 1