CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Where do we report bugs?  Because I got a little list.  I really want the AH-64 helicopters fixed, because the tail rotor just breaks as soon as you turn the engine on...  I just read that was posted a few comments above this.  I need AFM, its a paint in the ass to turn on and off.  Why hasn't it been fixed yet?  It's been going on for more then 1 whole year...  I'm pretty much settling for the AH-1 which has like no power and no auto rotation abilities, and as well has annoying pilot chat, that makes hearing the real pilot chat a pain.

Doesn't matter if it's been one year or 10. AFM doesn't get any easier to set up with little documentation out there. 

AFM is also an optional feature that, as I mentioned, takes quite the effort to set up. 

Combined with the sheer number of things to port, and bugs to fix still. AFM is not exactly high on our list. So sorry but you're either gonna have to turn it off. Or help us out. 

• Like 1

Where do we report bugs?  Because I got a little list.  I really want the AH-64 helicopters fixed, because the tail rotor just breaks as soon as you turn the engine on...  I just read that was posted a few comments above this.  I need AFM, its a paint in the ass to turn on and off.  Why hasn't it been fixed yet?  It's been going on for more then 1 whole year...  I'm pretty much settling for the AH-1 which has like no power and no auto rotation abilities, and as well has annoying pilot chat, that makes hearing the real pilot chat a pain.

Ok, first of all, lose the entitled attitude. "Why hasn't it been fixed yet ?" Why, thanks for asking, maybe because it wasn't a known bug, because nobody reported it ? Or maybe we had other stuff to do ?

Secondly, our AH-1 does not have pilot chatter, that's RHS.

Finally, if you couldn't be arsed for more than "1 whole year" to find our bugtracker and report a bug, you hardly have the right to complain about it.

I tested it, and yeah, you are right, the tail rotor breaks. No idea why, the appropriate data is in, so it should work.

Yes, it will be looked into, but your bitching and your general attitude does not really help in accelerating this.

Please go to bugs.cup-arma3.org and report the bug, and if you behave like a human being, you have a good chance that the problem is fixed in an upcoming patch. Thank you.

• Like 6

Sorry, I assumed it's been going on for a while and someone knew.  I legit cannot find a bug report area for CUP.  I didn't see anything on http://cup-arma3.org/ and this thread is the closest thing I could find.  Even when I originally looked for a area to report.  Originally I tried to report it on the steam workshop for CUP Vehicles, never got a answer, much less if anyone looked at it.  There needs to be a button on the navigation bar of cup-arma3.org to http://bugs.cup-arma3.org like where are you guys hiding this?  Yeah... turns out the ah-1 I was using was RHS.  Idk if REF replaces the CUP ah-1 or not, but I don't have a AH-1 by CUP for some reason.

Will be visiting the bug report website, now that I know it exists.  I legit never found it though google or looking on website or on the 1st post of this thread, even when I was looking about a year ago.

Hi guys. I just wanted to warn you that I've encountered an error message when running CUP Terrains Core and the TPW MODS: 'bin\config.bin/CfgModels.default' 

I've checked with several versions of TPW and even the latest (TPW MODS v20160930) but they all seem to disaply the same error message.

Any idea why and how to correct it?

Will be visiting the bug report website, now that I know it exists.  I legit never found it though google or looking on website or on the 1st post of this thread, even when I was looking about a year ago.

The bug tracker link is the first two words in red in the OP. I don't know how you managed to missed it.

• Like 2

Can't you guys cooperate with RHS on the AFM for attack helos? They have perfectly serviceable AFM for both Apache and Cobra. I think that asking them to share their configs should not be a problem.

Can't you guys cooperate with RHS on the AFM for attack helos? They have perfectly serviceable AFM for both Apache and Cobra. I think that asking them to share their configs should not be a problem.

Do you know how the AFM works, internally?

The bug tracker link is the first two words in red in the OP. I don't know how you managed to missed it.

Guess I didn't read the OP very well then.  Really I was reading the big fonts and reading more of the left and expecting one to say bug/reporting and catch my eye.  I guess I could use some better reading skills.  But I still never found it though google or on the main website.

Page 1, post 1:

Content

CUP currently features the following listed projects. Please report bugs at our bug tracker - bug reports in the forum tend to get overseen.

All downloads as well as classname documentation can be found on our website.

• Like 1

We have the AFMs for those choppers, too. The breaking tail rotor is completely unrelated to that. It's usually caused by a collision of the tail rotor with the ground. This usually happens if you forgot a certain memory point (rotor centers). Those are assumed to be [0,0,0] when missing, so you can see how a helicopter could hit it's tail rotor on the ground.

However, the Apache does have it, so I don't know why it doesn't work.It will be investigated, though

• Like 1

Hi guys. I just wanted to warn you that I've encountered an error message when running CUP Terrains Core and the TPW MODS: 'bin\config.bin/CfgModels.default' 

I've checked with several versions of TPW and even the latest (TPW MODS v20160930) but they all seem to disaply the same error message.

Any idea why and how to correct it?

Just to let you know that this bug has been fixed in TPW MODS:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/154944-tpw-mods-v20161001-enhanced-realism-and-immersion-for-arma-3-sp/page-194#entry3099164

We have the AFMs for those choppers, too. The breaking tail rotor is completely unrelated to that. It's usually caused by a collision of the tail rotor with the ground. This usually happens if you forgot a certain memory point (rotor centers). Those are assumed to be [0,0,0] when missing, so you can see how a helicopter could hit it's tail rotor on the ground.

However, the Apache does have it, so I don't know why it doesn't work.It will be investigated, though

Actually, from what I've seen, it also happens when you spawn the helo in the air. It's not a collision, I could see torque rise extremely quickly to ridiculous levels, then the rotor breaks from overstressing it. It could stem from the same issue, if the tail rotor and the main are both at [0,0,0], I can see something like this happen.

Actually, from what I've seen, it also happens when you spawn the helo in the air. It's not a collision, I could see torque rise extremely quickly to ridiculous levels, then the rotor breaks from overstressing it. It could stem from the same issue, if the tail rotor and the main are both at [0,0,0], I can see something like this happen.

Hmm, I specifically tried spawning the chopper in the air, it worked for me. I'll check that again.

What settings do you have for the AFM ?

Everything enabled. The relevant setting in this case is probably "Stress Damage". Just tested on the latest CUP (from Workshop), latest devbranch, otherwise empty mission on Stratis, AH-1Z (Anti-tank). When not doing anything, it works, but once I move the collective, torque rapidly goes up to over 200% (can be seen on the HMD in the top right corner) and then the rotors break.

Everything enabled. The relevant setting in this case is probably "Stress Damage". Just tested on the latest CUP (from Workshop), latest devbranch, otherwise empty mission on Stratis, AH-1Z (Anti-tank). When not doing anything, it works, but once I move the collective, torque rapidly goes up to over 200% (can be seen on the HMD in the top right corner) and then the rotors break.

Thanks. Can you please open a ticket on bugs.cup-arma3.org ? Thanks.

Webspider and some other download addons with enable download resume,would take care of the time limit on large files.Get it at: Windows store/File Downloader.      Resume the download or single /multi file in the background.Share them.

Hope it helps.

Is it okay if I write up some configs for the alternate camo troops of the RACS and SLA factions? I noticed that they have a few different camo schemes, but that only riflemen have been implemented. I wanted to make it so each camo would have a full set of troops to go with it.

Sure, if you want to make copies of the already existing set with the alternative camos and send them back to us we'll make sure to put them in.

Earlier versions of Cup showed items such as ground textures (betons, etc) as well as some sidewalks and other items which are no longer listed. I remember someone from the team saying they never should have appeared in the editor. These give mission makers a lot of building blocks, are there plans to have them appear in the list again?

Thanks for the hard work on this excellent mod.

Varanon, check the numeric position (coordinates) of tail rotor in RTD xml file. If it's co-located with tail/horizontal stabilizer in one of axes so it might be the root of the problem as it collides with a stabilizer at engines start up. 

Also I would check a moment of inertia of the tail rotor. Usually Ir which is MOI of whole rotor is a sum of all blades plus limited margin. Too big or too low may bring problems. Last thing - GroundContacts, I would check whether tail ground contact is properly set (not too high as it can break tail rotor blades). And as memory points are concerned, I would check if they exist in the config.cpp and the model as well.

//excerpt from CH46, twin rotor design
mainBladeCenter = "rotor_center";
mainBladeRadius = 7.772;
tailBladeCenter = "rotor_02_center";
tailBladeRadius = 7.772;				

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Hey folks. I have been testing out Substance Painter 2 and decided to try it on the M1 Abrams as I read that you complained about the old textures. Note that I have no idea if its possible to translate what you see on the screenshots into Arma. I'm new to SP2 and the textures I can export are very much different from what I have experience with. This just a quick dip into SP2 so don't expect much.

http://imgur.com/a/BG8j5

• Like 9

That looks really nice.  If textures can be "edited" with that tool then that's a good way to go.

Hey folks. I have been testing out Substance Painter 2 and decided to try it on the M1 Abrams as I read that you complained about the old textures. Note that I have no idea if its possible to translate what you see on the screenshots into Arma. I'm new to SP2 and the textures I can export are very much different from what I have experience with. This just a quick dip into SP2 so don't expect much.

I am not familiar with Substance Painter, I use Quixel Suite myself, but I suppose the issues will be the same. Quixel is PBR-Based, which is not supported in Arma, so the results will look different, but with a bit of extra care, youcan use it very effectively. I suppose SP is the same.

Are you on Discord?