CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

The problem doesn't stem from my inability to download the files, it's that all the download links die out after time with no ability to resume once that happens..

Steam should resume downloads, shouldn't it?

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Steam should resume downloads, shouldn't it?

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

Steam does resume downloads 

Hi Guys,

Hoping I could get some help with my dedicated server and CUPs. Been racking my brain for a few days and I've gotten stuck on a few issues. (did fix most though, so still rather happy)

We're running a small server, hosted by Wombat Servers with Ace, CUPs and TFR. Ace & TFR work while CUPs doesn't. 

Snipping out the gaps in the log to make it smaller.

EDIT: This modline here removes ace and the ACE_Compat mods for testing. The full modline trying to be run is @CBA_A3;@ace;@CUP_Terrains;@CUP_Weapons;@CUP_Units;@CUP_Vehicles;@CUP_Weapons_ACE_compat;@CUP_Vehicles_ACE_compat;@task_force_radio;

== C:\TCAFiles\Users\AaronS2\7951\arma3server.exe
== "C:\TCAFiles\Users\AaronS2\7951\arma3server.exe" -ip=103.231.91.110 -port=2422 -noPause -noSound -cpuCount=4 -maxMem=2048 -exThreads=7 -cfg=A3DS\basic.cfg -config=A3DS\server.cfg -profiles=A3DS\Profiles -servermod= -mod=@CBA_A3;@CUP_Terrains;@CUP_Weapons;@CUP_Units;@CUP_Vehicles;@task_force_radio; -world=empty 

Type: Public
Build: Stable
Version: 1.62.137494

Allocator: C:\TCAFiles\Users\AaronS2\7951\dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll

21:45:30 SteamAPI initialization failed. Steam features wont's be accessible!
21:45:41 Cannot register unknown string STR_AC_VEHICLE_IN_VEHICLE_UNLOAD
21:45:41 Initializing stats manager.
21:45:41 Stats config disabled.
21:45:41 sessionID: c3e1432b950446c57434b40635d53dc9af35c96b
21:47:59 Unsupported language English in stringtable
21:47:59 Item STR_CUP_dss_Soviet_Era_Tanker_Helmet listed twice
21:48:00 Item str_dn_2b14 listed twice
21:48:00 Item str_mn_pg9 listed twice
21:48:00 Item str_mn_og9 listed twice
21:48:00 Item str_mn_igla listed twice
21:48:00 Item str_dn_ags30 listed twice
21:48:00 Item str_mn_at13 listed twice
21:48:00 Item str_mn_9k32 listed twice
21:48:00 Item str_dn_at13 listed twice
21:48:00 Item str_dn_at13launchersingle listed twice
21:48:00 Item STR_DN_D30 listed twice
21:48:00 Item str_dn_dshkm listed twice
21:48:00 Item str_lib_m2_mg listed twice
21:48:00 Item str_lib_m119 listed twice
21:48:00 Item str_lib_kord listed twice
21:48:00 Item str_lib_dshkm listed twice
21:48:00 Item STR_LIB_D30 listed twice
21:48:00 Item str_lib_ags30 listed twice
21:48:00 Item str_dn_igla_aa_pod_east listed twice
21:48:00 Item str_dn_igla_twice listed twice
21:48:00 Item str_dn_kord listed twice
21:48:00 Item str_dn_kord_low listed twice
21:48:00 Item str_dn_m119 listed twice
21:48:00 Item str_dn_tow_tripod listed twice
21:48:00 Item str_dn_tow listed twice
21:48:00 Item str_dn_spg9 listed twice
21:48:00 Item str_dn_m252 listed twice
21:48:00 Item str_dn_m2hd_minitripod listed twice
21:48:00 Item str_dn_m2_mg listed twice
21:48:00 Item str_dn_mk19_tripod listed twice
21:48:00 Item str_lib_2b14 listed twice
21:48:00 Item str_lib_at13 listed twice
21:48:00 Item str_lib_m252 listed twice
21:48:00 Item str_lib_spg9 listed twice
21:48:00 Unsupported language English in stringtable
21:48:05 Warning Message: Addon 'CUP_Creatures_People_Military_DummyInfantrySet' requires addon 'CUP_Weapons_DMR'

I had a few warnings at the bottom pop up, that I managed to fix. Appears files were just missing. But still unable to clear all of them, and not sure where all these double listings are occuring.

Any ideas what I've done wrong?

21:48:05 Warning Message: Addon 'CUP_Creatures_People_Military_DummyInfantrySet' requires addon 'CUP_Weapons_DMR'

I had a few warnings at the bottom pop up, that I managed to fix. Appears files were just missing. But still unable to clear all of them, and not sure where all these double listings are occuring.

Any ideas what I've done wrong?

I just had a look, and indeed, the Dummy Infantry PBO lists CUP_Weapons_DMR in it's requirements.

CUP_Weapons_DMR was at one point renamed to CUP_Weapons_M14_DMR (don't ask why, really), but a backward compatibility "empty" CfgPatches class was added.

Please verify that your CUP_Weapons contains addons/CUP_Weapons_M14_DMR.pbo

Steam does resume downloads 

Yeah but they don't compress the files either, making the download twice as large. Sorry for pestering about this. Just wanna use those mods is all.

Steam compresses files to roughly 60% the original size last i tried.

Other than that im afraid there's nothing we can do.

It seems to me that STEAM doesn't compress files at all. At any rate I appreciate your time and replies. I'll try some of the mediums for download again and hopefully I'll get lucky. I' pretty sure I can get terrains without too much of an issue, it's core that's going to be a pain.

Hello,

This may have already been asked somewhere in the 170 pages of this thread, but are there any conflicts that occur from simply having this and RHS installed at the same time? I know there might be conflicts when using CUP and RHS units/vehicles at the same time but I don't think I will. I just want to know if merely having them installed simultaneously leads to any problems.

Hello,

This may have already been asked somewhere in the 170 pages of this thread, but are there any conflicts that occur from simply having this and RHS installed at the same time? I know there might be conflicts when using CUP and RHS units/vehicles at the same time but I don't think I will. I just want to know if merely having them installed simultaneously leads to any problems.

Nope. Not at all.

• Like 1

I just had a look, and indeed, the Dummy Infantry PBO lists CUP_Weapons_DMR in it's requirements.

CUP_Weapons_DMR was at one point renamed to CUP_Weapons_M14_DMR (don't ask why, really), but a backward compatibility "empty" CfgPatches class was added.

Please verify that your CUP_Weapons contains addons/CUP_Weapons_M14_DMR.pbo

Thanks Varanon, I saw that and I can confirm that the M14_DMR is present in the addons folder. Not sure I can locate the cfg patches class though.

And I won't ask why it was changed, sounds like it's best to leave it rest.

PSA: CUP is looking for people to help retexture some assets like the abrams and hummvee. We're running a bit low on staff and we'd like to dedicate our time to more complex issues. Considering making textures is usually more entry-level and doesn't require any weird tools or setting up the entire working environment, if you're interested let one of us admins know (or leave a message here). Cheers.

Back when i was making my 2035 USMC mod (which is currently in limbo due to loosign a large chunk of the source) i did a reskin for the abrams to suit my M1A3 fictional style. but i have templates made and i could probably redo the Abrams for y'all. heres the old picture 

1CB984680FD7AB3F936B54276119273BB6FBD3A63F4F95A64028232B40EF03D876C18C20F951FEA7

Edit: Heres a screenshot of a side by side of a reskin i just made and the basic CUP abrams (Using SetobjectTexture) 0D8B9EEBE0CB7A9807725FCF6516CE6E4D2DA984

• Like 7

I know it's not, just showing you an example of a mod that has many options for different types of download. Was not comparing CUP to RHS either, two very different mods. Hope you didn't take offense.

We offer steam workshop, Google Drive, Armaholic, and PwS. RHS has their own direct download, Armaholic and PwS. What are you referring to when you say "many options"? CUP has plenty of options. This isn't about being offended, it's about whether you have reasonable expectations or not.

Spoiler: You don't.

Tried that, got to 13.4% and then stopped downloading. Plus it was real slow.

It works fine for me. You are essentially trying to blame a shitty internet connection on the file you are downloading instead of blaming it on the shitty internet connection.

Anyway, I guess this is a losing battle. Good luck with your mods.

This is incredibly rude, I don't know if you realize that. You feel like because you have a flaky internet connection, we should be investing extra work in making another download available ONLY for you?

FYI, Steam does compress their downloads, and if it stalled you can continue it at another time. There is your solution. I'm sorry that you are having trouble downloading, but there is nothing we can do about it.

• Like 5

Edit: Heres a screenshot of a side by side of a reskin i just made and the basic CUP abrams (Using SetobjectTexture)

Hey, that looks nice. Are you on Discord?

We offer steam workshop, Google Drive, Armaholic, and PwS. RHS has their own direct download, Armaholic and PwS. What are you referring to when you say "many options"? CUP has plenty of options. This isn't about being offended, it's about whether you have reasonable expectations or not.

Spoiler: You don't.

It works fine for me. You are essentially trying to blame a shitty internet connection on the file you are downloading instead of blaming it on the shitty internet connection.

This is incredibly rude, I don't know if you realize that. You feel like because you have a flaky internet connection, we should be investing extra work in making another download available ONLY for you?

FYI, Steam does compress their downloads, and if it stalled you can continue it at another time. There is your solution. I'm sorry that you are having trouble downloading, but there is nothing we can do about it.

Sigh, like I said I didn't mean to offend you or any of your team. I know you offer a lot of options for download. I was merely stating a hope for an option that added a means of resuming a download. As to whether I have unreasonable expectations, well I don't think it's too unreasonable to ask for another download medium for such large files. I was hardly demanding one.

Well I'm sorry if my internet connection suck. It's Hughesnet Satellite internet, the only kind of broadband I can get in my locality. I never said it was a good connection, I hate it as a matter of fact.

When did I ever say that creating a torrent for downloading would be for me alone? Sorry if your assumptions of my statements here have made you angry or felt slighted in any way, that was not my intent. It was merely only a suggestion. If it came off another way to you then I apologize.

I shall try Steam and see how that goes. That was the one medium I didn't try simply because the download size is larger than the others. Again, I meant you and your team no ill will and apologize again if that was due to what I wrote.

...steam's DL size should be smaller, however i recommend you verify your game cache integrity once you're done because steam is prone to corrupt downloads on jumpy connections. Verifying the DL afterwards should fix it in case it breaks.

• Like 1

PSA: CUP is looking for people to help retexture some assets like the abrams and hummvee. We're running a bit low on staff and we'd like to dedicate our time to more complex issues. Considering making textures is usually more entry-level and doesn't require any weird tools or setting up the entire working environment, if you're interested let one of us admins know (or leave a message here). Cheers.

Could take a look at the Humvee, don't expect wonders but i've already done some standard NATO 3 Color Woodland Camo and Desert.

Sigh, like I said I didn't mean to offend you or any of your team. I know you offer a lot of options for download. I was merely stating a hope for an option that added a means of resuming a download. As to whether I have unreasonable expectations, well I don't think it's too unreasonable to ask for another download medium for such large files. I was hardly demanding one.

That's why I wondered if you realize that.

Whatever. I could explain why, but I guess that's also a "hopeless battle". As has been said, Steam is what you'll want to try.

No need to be condescending, I've apologized profusely. Again, sorry if anything I've posted here rubbed you the wrong way, including the "hopeless battle" bit. Does come off as sounding aloof or something so I can see why you're peeved about it.

And I did mean well by wishing the CUP team continued success with the mod.

They all look sad to be sitting on top :)

You'd look the same if you were promoted to "reactive armour" ;)

• Like 20

You'd look the same if you were promoted to "reactive armour" ;)

Embrace the suck  ;)

• Like 4