CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

You really come here, on the CUP topic, to know how you can take their work?

:huh: <_< <_< <_<

You really come here, on the CUP topic, to know how you can take their work?

:huh: <_< <_< <_<

Nope, the plan isn't to take their work at all, I want to use the work it's just a matter of hard drive space and duplicates of content already in use.

(By use I don't mean make a new mod with their content)

realy love CUP   one question tough  are we going to get the King Josef and Prince Armando uniforms ?  would realy love to see those added  :)  

Hi - love the mod! Forgot how much I missed the Arma2 stuff - really excellent thank you for all the work it must take to get this done.

I see some other people are having the same issue I am with the LHD - namely the weapon stations end up on the sea floor (and also the placed vehicles bounce around) Was there a fix for this that I've missed? No other mods loaded.

Cheers and thanks again to all at CUP

Hi - love the mod! Forgot how much I missed the Arma2 stuff - really excellent thank you for all the work it must take to get this done.

I see some other people are having the same issue I am with the LHD - namely the weapon stations end up on the sea floor (and also the placed vehicles bounce around) Was there a fix for this that I've missed? No other mods loaded.

I haven't had vehicles bouncing, but once in a while they explode at restart. That's a common problem with the Epoch mod which I am hosting on my server.

I'm curious, are the lights on the carrier working for you all the time?

And are you able to spawn RHIB at the hook?

Here is what  I added to my mission.sqm addon list:

addons[]=

{

"A3_epoch_config",

"Ryanzombies",

"ryanzombiesfunctions",

"CUP_WaterVehicles_LHD",

"A3_Modules_F_LiveFeed",

"CUP_Creatures_Military_USArmy",

"CUP_WaterVehicles_Weapons",

"A3_Structures_F_Mil_Flags"

};

I'm not sure if I need all those, but I just thought I'd share.

I haven't used it in a while so i wouldn't know. Last time i used it it was before Apex and it was working fine, the only really annoying issue was that characters would stay alive in the 3d editor and keep moving all over the place.

Contributing here - I too have seen the "vehicles bounce when placed in the editor" behavior.  Was just monkeying about and placed it.  There appear to be a few vehicles whose setpos (I assume!) script is just a bit off, causing them to bounce when gravity kicks in and places them on the deck.  I watched a few planes bounce hard enough to bounce off of the LHD deck.  Easy to repro, just place the LHD's in the editor (I was using the VR map) and watch them bounce.  Likely just needs a few small tweaks to some setpos'ing.

I haven't seen the "spawns under water" part.  That sounds like static vehicle behavior using "setPosAGL".  I have found that using "modelToWorld" in the sepos script fixes this behavior.  HOWEVER, I am completely guessing here!!!

It might be a bit short notice but we got something for you:

Official CUP End Game 32 on Bukovina Playtest
Today 11. 08. 2016 
Briefing: 20:45 CEST
Start: 21:00 CEST
Server: s1.cup-arma3.org
Port: 2336
Teamspeak 3: s1.cup-arma3.org:9989 (for briefing)
Mods: CBA_A3, CUP Terrains - Core, CUP Terrains - Maps, CUP Weapons, CUP Units, CUP Vehicles
  • Like 3

Yeah! More Endgame and Warfare/CTI stuff! ArmA2-specific combined tactical missions are much needed not only with CUP units, but in general as well.

Endgame = smaller tactical action

Warfare/CTI = large scale combined arms tactical awesomeness  ;)

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if it is possible to just get the c130's? or do I have to use the Whole CUP vehicles pack?

Thanks in advance

Does anyone know if it is possible to just get the c130's? or do I have to use the Whole CUP vehicles pack?

You will have to use the whole pack.

• Like 1

It's likely there are cross references between the pbos to make development simpler and the files smaller.

So I cant just use the Pbo's that correspond with the c130

I'm affraid that is not possible. Like serjames said, there are a lot cross references to forgoing stuff. Like units, weapons and configuration in general. 

Hey guys, thanks for your hard work!

I'm getting some weird lighting behaviour on the CUP Terrains. The terrain is very bright and sometimes close to washed out, and there seems to be a heavy auto-brightness adjustment. When looking up so the sky fills most of the screen, the terrain is more or less correct in brightness, but when looking down or even just forward the terrain is way to bright.

Is there any way to get around this?

Cheers!

Hey guys, thanks for your hard work!

I'm getting some weird lighting behaviour on the CUP Terrains. The terrain is very bright and sometimes close to washed out, and there seems to be a heavy auto-brightness adjustment. When looking up so the sky fills most of the screen, the terrain is more or less correct in brightness, but when looking down or even just forward the terrain is way to bright.

Is there any way to get around this?

Cheers!

I have close to no idea what you are talking about. Is it possible you provide us with a video or at least some pictures?

• Like 1

Is anyone else getting weird behaviour with tube AT weapons? The Javelin and Titan compact miss 90% of the time. I fired 13 Javelin rounds, only 1 hit. I fired 12 TItan AT rounds. all missed. I get a good lock, but the missile never gets close to the target.

edit: I'm using ACE too.

It's an issue with the current release build of ACE3. I believe they have a fix ready for the next update. It affects the vanilla BIS launcher and anything that inherits from it - i.e. the Javelin. Ours is affected as well, not just CUPs.

• Like 1

Thanks for that evrik. Hopefully, that will come soon.

• Like 1

Some criticisms

First of all, the CUP project has improved tremendously in quality. Great job.

1. The M136 is reloadable. Why not adopt RHS auto drop mechanic for it? Its a real immersion breaker.

2. Why does every russian riflemen have a kobra sight? Russia is not that rich and I would think the vast majority still use iron sights.Its ridiculous seeing every russian with the same exact optic.My suggestion, keep the kobra in game obviously for arsenal use but make ALL russian rifleman iron sights only. 

3. You should seperate the factions like RHS does. Like have Russian VDV, Russian Spetznas, Russian Woodland, Russian Desert etc. If you use MCC or ALIVE, it will spawn ALL units together. So you will get woodland with desert with spetznas etc.This makes it kinda difficult to use with the MCC mod especially. 

4. Likewise, why do all american riflemen have eotech sights? Where are the acogs? The red dot sights? Also, the eotechs are a tan color and dont match the black m4s. The US is more likely to have widely distributed optics. So I suggest making 3 riflemen classes. Rifleman (Ironsights), Rifleman (Red Dot), and Rifleman (ACOG). 

5. US marines should use M16s, NOT m4s

6. Is the metis launcher really capable of being fired from a shouldered position in real life? Looks kinda silly since ive always seen it used ona  tripod. I could be wrong about this though. 

Thats about all i can think of now

Otherwise its very well done and I hope it continues to grow

Otherwise its very well done and I hope it continues to grow

1. The M136 in Arma 2 is reloadable, and therefore, it's reloadable in CUP. We are thinking of adding a single shot variant as well, as time permits.

2. Same as in Arma 2.

3. Hell no. Why should that be necessary at all ? There are editor categories that are independent of the faction now, so there is no need to introduce unnecessary complexity by spamming the factions with microfactions. So, no, this is something we "should" definitely not do.

4. Because Arma 2

5. Because Arma 2

6. Because Arma 2

I agree that the loadouts are sometimes rather away from reality, but they mirror their Arma 2 counterparts. Well complain to BIS ;)

• Like 7

3. You should seperate the factions like RHS does. Like have Russian VDV, Russian Spetznas, Russian Woodland, Russian Desert etc. If you use MCC or ALIVE, it will spawn ALL units together. So you will get woodland with desert with spetznas etc.This makes it kinda difficult to use with the MCC mod especially. 

Personally, I greatly dislike the separation of factions based on their camo. It means that all of a sudden you have two or more factions - as an example, the BAF faction has MTP, DPM and DDPM camo variants, I will NOT make that three factions. I don't use ALIVE or MCC; if they do spawn them together, that's something that the respective authors might want to look into.

• Like 3

If you want realistic loadouts, disposable launchers and ALIVE/MCC compatibility, then just use RHS. :) CUP doesn't fix BIS mistakes, for better or worse.

And yes, Metis can be fired from the shoulder, this is something BIS got right. It's not the recommended mode of operation and it's a good idea to rest it on something if you're not a strongman, but in a pinch, it can be done. The thing about Metis is that the launcher is incredibly mobile, its really quick to deploy even if you do use a tripod.

I don't use ALIVE or MCC; if they do spawn them together, that's something that the respective authors might want to look into.

If in doubt, use Eden categories for that purpose

Personally, I greatly dislike the separation of factions based on their camo. It means that all of a sudden you have two or more factions - as an example, the BAF faction has MTP, DPM and DDPM camo variants, I will NOT make that three factions. I don't use ALIVE or MCC; if they do spawn them together, that's something that the respective authors might want to look into.

Agree 100%

This is why I make the "desert CDF" camo variations for all the mods I make to fall under the IND side.  Similar to what BIS did w/ the "UNO" faction but none of the stupid blue helmets and white paint.  Best of both worlds for my intentions.