CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Simply run a script over your files once you have installed them on the server, problem solved.

Where do you suppose would these custom suppressors come from? It's not enough to "enable" them, you actually have to have them in the game.

what i meant was make them compatible with other user made suppressors. Like every some other weapons pack out there. BIS suppressor are just too big. 

• Like 1

I really enjoyed having all 4 maps that I was ready to release on the Workshop suddenly become broken because of the update.  Bravo

"You cannot play this mission. It is dependant on downloadable content that has been deleted. CUP_Air_Vechiles_Merlin"

The mod as a whole is awesome, I'm just really incensed about how this has turned out.

I really enjoyed having all 4 maps that I was ready to release on the Workshop suddenly become broken because of the update.  Bravo

"You cannot play this mission. It is dependant on downloadable content that has been deleted. CUP_Air_Vechiles_Merlin"

The mod as a whole is awesome, I'm just really incensed about how this has turned out.

"Incensed" huh.  I think you should re-examine your life priorities :D

This incredibly common mission error can be fixed by removing those references within the mission SQM file.  When you remove those references the mission no longer "checks" for those addons.  So if something in CUP was moved from one PBO to another, the class name of that vehicle will be the only thing it will reference. 

• Like 1

When using createvehicle, the Coyote spawns damaged on Tanoa, but fine on Altis. :(

Apparently I do have a life, because this coding stuff is nothing but a pain in the ass, and I took this time today to l do what I can, I've looked around the web; didnt find it and I dont actually have time to learn the intricancies of coding .Your suggestion doesnt work. It still asks for it. Erasing it just made the file crash more quickly. ButThanks.

Is there any known incompatibility that makes sounds for RPGs disappear? All firing sounds for them are gone for me, in the current version.

Apparently I do have a life, because this coding stuff is nothing but a pain in the ass, and I took this time today to l do what I can, I've looked around the web; didnt find it and I dont actually have time to learn the intricancies of coding .Your suggestion doesnt work. It still asks for it. Erasing it just made the file crash more quickly. ButThanks.

Pook's advice was spot on... Sounds like you didn't follow it properly, as you're obviously a busy chap I'll try and help. It could be simply that the class name has changed so the mission cannot load the specific helicopter you referenced. Make sure you've not encrypted the mission file then open it in ARMA Edit, or Notepad++. Do a find replace on that class name with another vanilla helicopter - I.e. The wildcat or hummingbird etc. Save and try again in the editor.

Profit....

• Like 1

Is there any known incompatibility that makes sounds for RPGs disappear? All firing sounds for them are gone for me, in the current version.

Hotfix is inbounce. The RPG-7 as well as a few other weapons (Abrams, Cobra etc) have lost their voice, there should be a fix for that soon (probably today/tormorrow)

1) No need to write everything in bold.

2) Cool down your incense.

3) Once you have done that, we can talk.

• Like 1

It could be simply that the class name has changed so the mission cannot load the specific helicopter you referenced.

The original CfgPatches name had a typo, which was corrected but subsequently forgotten to add a compatibility patch. The hotfix should cure that problem.

As a rule we never make changes that break missions, if it happens then it was a bug. I would have told that to Mr. Beerbellygod as well, but I didn't like the bold font.

• Like 4

Nice update as usual. Did not know this was a thing tho... maybe I am wrong about what I think it is..

CUP_Weapons_C7 - removed package pending review. 

c7a1_a2.jpg

Our Canadian Group would love these :)

Hello i run a dedicated server with CUP but there is a problem which makes the server unable to launch:

16:08:32 Warning Message: Addon 'CUP_Terrains_Abel' requires addon 'CUP_CWA_Signs'

ive tried to search for both those files but none of them exist either in my arma 3 mods folder nor on the server can someone help?

this is the command line: @CUP_Terrains_Maps;@ace3;@task_force_radio;@CUP_Terrains_Core;@CUP_Vehicles;@CUP_Weapons;@CUP_Units;@ares;@CBA_A3

Our Canadian Group would love these :)

Oh they would, eh? 

:D

Hello i run a dedicated server with CUP but there is a problem which makes the server unable to launch:

16:08:32 Warning Message: Addon 'CUP_Terrains_Abel' requires addon 'CUP_CWA_Signs'

ive tried to search for both those files but none of them exist either in my arma 3 mods folder nor on the server can someone help?

this is the command line: @CUP_Terrains_Maps;@ace3;@task_force_radio;@CUP_Terrains_Core;@CUP_Vehicles;@CUP_Weapons;@CUP_Units;@ares;@CBA_A3

Tried loading Core before Maps?

Tried loading Core before Maps?

yes i was editing in it and trying to fix it while waiting for a response this is how the commandline looks now: 

@CBA_A3;@CUP_Terrains_Core;@ace3;@task_force_radio;@CUP_Vehicles;@CUP_Weapons;@CUP_Units;@ares;@CUP_Terrains_Maps

i still get the same error

Just a heads-up, I noticed that the An-12 is missing a ViV variant. C-130 works great, but its Russian counterpart doesn't seem to have ViV.

That damn pookie released the AN12 :p

And before you ask, no I don't plan to.

• Like 3

In that case it's yours. I wonder, why isn't there a forum thread for it? All your other releases have one.

TBH, it'd be nice to have it, especially if you're not planning on a transport version of Il-76. The US have C-130, but the Russians don't quite have any counterpart to it. An-12, well, is just that, fitting perfectly into the lineup.

Apex update added a separate keybind for "vectoring" versus "autohover", but as far as I know the Harrier automatically vectors (it did in Arma 2 as well, IIRC).  I haven't had a chance to test it out myself yet, though, so I'll edit with my own complaints if necessary. =)

Ok, I found the keybind and got it fixed. Works great now.

Thank you very much.

CUPREP #0003: APEX Update Part Deux

This is a hotfix for a few errors that slipped in the latest patch.

As usual, if you find any more issues with the mod please report them in our feedback tracker below:

http://dev.cup-arma3.org/

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Bye for now!

Weapons changelog:

Version 1.7.1 (16|Jul|2016)

ADDED:
Added soundshaders to AWM, CZ750, M24, KSVK, VSS, AA12, Saiga12K, EVO, M60E4, MP5. Updated soundshaders for Hunting Rifle and Lee Enfield.
Added proper silencer model to L85.

EDITED:
CUP_Weapons_East_Attachments - Made PSO-1's ironsight-mode usable.

FIXED:
CUP_Weapons_L85 - UGL Launcher sight now flips down correctly. Fixed UGL eye offset causing grenades to miss.
CUP_Weapons_RPG7 - Fixed missing shot sound for RPG-7.
CUP_Weapons_VehicleWeapons - fixed missing shot sounds for Zu-23, Stryker MGS, M1 Abrams, Apache, Super Cobra.

Vehicles changelog:

Version 1.7.1 (16|Jul|2016)

FIXED:
CUP_AirVehicles_Merlin - Typo in Merlin CfgPatches and added legacy version, should fix T1580

Download links:

• Like 5

In that case it's yours. I wonder, why isn't there a forum thread for it? All your other releases have one.

TBH, it'd be nice to have it, especially if you're not planning on a transport version of Il-76. The US have C-130, but the Russians don't quite have any counterpart to it. An-12, well, is just that, fitting perfectly into the lineup.

You mean this one?

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/191185-an-12-cup/?hl=an12

Or this one?

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/191290-a50-russian-awacs-for-cup-and-source-files/?hl=awacs

• Like 1

Hi,

We are still in the process of porting and implementing A3 features to the ported content. Some minor cosmetics where done, but only then when it came in handy during the process of porting. We still habe a lot to do until we reach the point where we can say "done with porting and adding A3 features, let's do cosmetics aka. visual upgrades".
Most critical department as you all know is Units. We have only a few guys who know how to do this (iirc only two) and they are litteraly working their asses off.  

Thanks for theses answers.

I think that it's not a real problem. Just a little reflexion and you should know that you can edit the SQM file, and delete the concerned content. If the file is binarized, just save it again without binarization, then edit the "mission.sqm" file with Notepad++ to remove the content, save it, load the mission and check for deleting the vehicles that are already present. You still can see them, even without the icons and with the listing window, you can identify and delete them on the mission, and replace them with something else.

That request a little organisation and patience, but nothing that can really lead to any anger I think  ;)