CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Guys, I know everybody has their preference and wishes, but let's please not turn this thread into a wishlist again. It doesn't help. I tried to explain the whys and hows before, and I am not going to repeat them here, suffice to say that things will happen as they happen.

Got it,np. :)

• Like 1

Hi CUP Team,

Are still in the process of porting and adapt the stuff or did you start to visual upgrade for the weapons and vehicles ?

I've already read the changelogs and the site, but don't see anything about that.

Thanks !

I seem to have a strange problem with CUP vehicles. When being a pilot in any of them, the outside turns very, very bright. In external or "scope" view, there's no such problem. I can post screenshots if you'd like. Tested with the C-130 on Stratis (spawned as a pilot of the plane). Vanilla vehicles don't have this issue.

I seem to have a strange problem with CUP vehicles. When being a pilot in any of them, the outside turns very, very bright. In external or "scope" view, there's no such problem. I can post screenshots if you'd like. Tested with the C-130 on Stratis (spawned as a pilot of the plane). Vanilla vehicles don't have this issue.

Please make a ticket in the feedback tracker, also add a screenshot and the RPT log. :)

Going to play this right now :) Thanks wiki.

NP :)

I hope you will enjoy ;)

I have a small request:

There is a problem running the CUP addons on a linux DS, because of the capital letters in the addon file names.

Linux systems are case sensitive. If there are references between mods the game searches for it with small letters and cannot find it, because the addon file names have capital letters. On Windows base systems it is no problem, because there is no difference for the system between capital and small letters.

My request is lowering all capital letters to small letters.
For example CUP_Weapons_CZ805.pbo to cup_weapons_cz805.pbo

Thanks.

for linux servers with a folder named mods..

i use this bash script 

#!/bin/bash
cd ./serverfiles/mods
find . -depth -exec rename 's/(.*)\/([^\/]*)/$1\/\L$2/' {} \;
echo "Done"

it will convert all folders and files in the folder ./serverfiles/mods to lower case.

i run it after copying any mods to my server.

hope it helps with the upper/lowercase problems.

Doug

Hi CUP Team,

Are still in the process of porting and adapt the stuff or did you start to visual upgrade for the weapons and vehicles ?

I've already read the changelogs and the site, but don't see anything about that.

Thanks !

We are still in the process of porting and implementing A3 features to the ported content. Some minor cosmetics where done, but only then when it came in handy during the process of porting. We still habe a lot to do until we reach the point where we can say "done with porting and adding A3 features, let's do cosmetics aka. visual upgrades".

Most critical department as you all know is Units. We have only a few guys who know how to do this (iirc only two) and they are litteraly working their asses off.  

Most critical department as you all know is Units. We have only a few guys who know how to do this (iirc only two) and they are litteraly working their asses off.  

Would be super-useful if someone could post some directions to places (YT, arma wiki, etc) where one can start learning unit porting/implementation the most convenient way possible.

That way you might catch some peoples attention and potentially gain additional hands for units/gear!  B)

Best of luck to all CUP members!

Would be super-useful if someone could post some directions to places (YT, arma wiki, etc) where one can start learning unit porting/implementation the most convenient way possible.

That way you might catch some peoples attention and potentially gain additional hands for units/gear!  B)

Best of luck to all CUP members!

Hera is a tutorial by Alwarren:

Pt1

Pt2

• Like 4

any plans to make the m136 a disposable weapon like in RHS? Its kinda silly that you can just reload it. Should automatically drop after firing. 

Since this last update it seems like the vector for the Harrier and other aircraft if going on & off automatically.

I'm not sure how it works now or if it's even working properly.

I was flying a mission and it kept turning off causing the plane to slow down and I'd have to turn it back on and then it would go off again...very annoying...

Am I missing something?

Just reporting a bug about voices. "Takistani Army" speaks "farsi" but "Takistani Militia" + "Takistani Locals" speaks English. Hope it can be fixed. I know I can change voices under editor but some pre-made missions loads the units and hearing them in english sounds weird :) Thanks!

for linux servers with a folder named mods..

i use this bash script 

#!/bin/bash
cd ./serverfiles/mods
find . -depth -exec rename 's/(.*)\/([^\/]*)/$1\/\L$2/' {} \;
echo "Done"

it will convert all folders and files in the folder ./serverfiles/mods to lower case.

i run it after copying any mods to my server.

hope it helps with the upper/lowercase problems.

Doug

I use the command "convmv --lower --notest".

But changing the uppercase letters to lowercase letters after every update is a workaround and not a solution in my eyes.

Most other mods use lowercase letters. The mod makers have to change it only one time, but if they don't change it every Linux server admin have to change it after every update. What is the better solution?

To the CUP developers: please convert all uppercase letters in the pbo filenames to lowercase letters. Thanks.

I notice that CUP Weapons no longer has the C7.pbo, "pending review".  I could take it or leave it (as a Canadian I'm not ashamed to admit it's just an M16 with an ambidextrous mode selector and ejector port ;-)), but I'm curious what's wrong with it.

-----

I use the command "convmv --lower --notest".

But changing the uppercase letters to lowercase letters after every update is a workaround and not a solution in my eyes.

Most other mods use lowercase letters. The mod makers have to change it only one time, but if they don't change it every Linux server admin have to change it after every update. What is the better solution?

To the CUP developers: please convert all uppercase letters in the pbo-files to lowercase letters. Thanks.

In the grand scheme of things, it won't really matter to a typical user if CUP converts everything to lowercase to accommodate, but this almost sounds like an engine bug that should be reported directly to Bohemia to fix instead of solely relying on workarounds on the addon makers' and hosts' end. The operating system's case sensitivity should have no bearing on the application's cross-platform behaviour, after all. =)

Since this last update it seems like the vector for the Harrier and other aircraft if going on & off automatically.

I'm not sure how it works now or if it's even working properly.

I was flying a mission and it kept turning off causing the plane to slow down and I'd have to turn it back on and then it would go off again...very annoying...

Am I missing something?

Apex update added a separate keybind for "vectoring" versus "autohover", but as far as I know the Harrier automatically vectors (it did in Arma 2 as well, IIRC).  I haven't had a chance to test it out myself yet, though, so I'll edit with my own complaints if necessary. =)

• Like 1

To the CUP developers: please convert all uppercase letters in the pbo filenames to lowercase letters. Thanks.

Although that maybe a solution, do you realise how much more work would be involved to do that.

• Like 1

Not very much, if they're smart about it. It doesn't have to be done manually, there are many programs that can batch-rename files with many different options. Even my antiquated Windows Commander 5.0 could be used for that. Unless, this would also involve adjusting something else (like those "signing" files for multiplayer, or references inside the config files) to match, it's a trivial operation if you have the right tool.

TBH, this shouldn't even be needed, but Linux happens to be case-sensitive (another reason I don't like it very much) and it'd probably be easier to do that way than having BIS implement a workaround.

i love the new bren rifle sounds but please enable it to be able to use custom suppressors. the standard BIS ones just really get to me these days. 

I notice that CUP Weapons no longer has the C7.pbo, "pending review".  I could take it or leave it (as a Canadian I'm not ashamed to admit it's just an M16 with an ambidextrous mode selector and ejector port ;-)), but I'm curious what's wrong with it.

I just never had the will to finish it after moving onto bigger more needed projects.

Not very much, if they're smart about it. It doesn't have to be done manually, there are many programs that can batch-rename files with many different options. Even my antiquated Windows Commander 5.0 could be used for that. Unless, this would also involve adjusting something else (like those "signing" files for multiplayer, or references inside the config files) to match, it's a trivial operation if you have the right tool.

TBH, this shouldn't even be needed, but Linux happens to be case-sensitive (another reason I don't like it very much) and it'd probably be easier to do that way than having BIS implement a workaround.

Simply run a script over your files once you have installed them on the server, problem solved.

i love the new bren rifle sounds but please enable it to be able to use custom suppressors. the standard BIS ones just really get to me these days. 

Where do you suppose would these custom suppressors come from? It's not enough to "enable" them, you actually have to have them in the game.