CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Talking of rappelling, have you plan to add fastrope to MV-22 ?

Talking of rappelling, have you plan to add fastrope to MV-22 ?

That can't be done, for the same reason vanilla VTOLs dont have it. The engine only supports fastrope with helicopters, while the Osprey is technically a plane.

edit: brain fart, disregard what i just wrote. I asked one of the ACE devs some time ago, they said it can be done but they'd have to make provisions for it. I haven't checked in depth the changelog of the last patch so i don't know if that's already in.

That can't be done, for the same reason vanilla VTOLs dont have it. The engine only supports fastrope with helicopters, while the Osprey is technically a plane.

Ok  :(

I got Duda's rappel script to work with the CUP Osprey MV-22, the rappel points need to be adjusted but it works very well.

Thanks,

Reed

• Like 1

Chairborne,

The CUP fast rope script have any limitation on rope length?

GUYSH. What ever happened to placeable roads? Why were they removed? Sorry if you've been asked before, bit upset. Kind regards.

GUYSH. What ever happened to placeable roads? Why were they removed? Sorry if you've been asked before, bit upset. Kind regards.

Wrong thread to be upset in, this woukd be appropriate in the Terrain pack thread.

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

Alright, sorry about that. I didn't know there was a separate thread for each pack. Also didn't know if it was a bug, I thought it was intentional for some reason.

Alright, sorry about that. I didn't know there was a separate thread for each pack. Also didn't know if it was a bug, I thought it was intentional for some reason.

Actually it was intentional, since a lot of the stuff in the editor was there only for map editing and shouldn't have been public in the first place.

We're currently reviewing where it is worth going through the effort of bringing them back, or if the time would be better spend elsewhere.

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

I know this should probably be continued on the other thread. But was there a reason it wasn't meant to be made public? Like as in it was causing issues? It really helped me and others make compounds and bases and was one of the main reasons I keep CUP Terrain on for my unit.

I know this should probably be continued on the other thread. But was there a reason it wasn't meant to be made public? Like as in it was causing issues? It really helped me and others make compounds and bases and was one of the main reasons I keep CUP Terrain on for my unit.

Some of the stuff could cause issue or behave differently from what you would expect. Also, items exported by CUP terrains are categorized and have preview pictures, so someone has to take care of these as well. The roads have been removed since a while now, and only a handful of people even noticed it.

• Like 1

VaI1Z3x.jpg

hCNfb5t.jpg

Got it working, just to adjust rappel points.

Thanks,

Reed

• Like 12

Hi,
I noticed recently, while playing around in the A2 terrains (Utes and Bukovina), that you get inappropriate environment values. You can test it easily with loading this script on the given terrain. You get insane forest and/or houses values (very prominent reverb/tails) when firing from an open field.

• Like 1

Regular C-130J can now carry up to 60 passengers:

ZBqjKVF.jpg

• Like 8

How did you get around the problems with having large amounts of cargo proxies?.

When we attempted we had serious issues where players couldn't see each other in the vehicle and only one player could enter the vehicle. We've noticed there is a limit of about 35 cargo seats before the vehicle becomes unusable 

That's news to me, not knowing how you configured it, it's hard to tell.

I'm also not aware of any limitation with cargo proxies.

By how you describe it though it seems to be related to get in/out memory points or missing animations/proxies in LODs.

In the past, I have had framerate issues when trying to add that many :)  Of course that was A2...

C-130J:Will you add some lights,to make sure that they get out in order and not all at once?  That may come in handy.1:st 2:nd  3:rd Section.

This mod is epic good work guys, now just looking for some decent missions for it.

• Like 1

Is anyone working on porting the Destroyer from AII? The Frigate is awesome, but I'd love to have the other ship as well. It doesn't even need to be driveable, a static prop would do.

Also, I noticed that when spawning the LHD in Eden, the current system results in helos ending up crooked (especially if you try to rotate the ship). In general, spawning the LHD seems to cause strange stuff to happen around it in Eden. Any chance to get it as a composition instead of what it is now? Spawning an empty LHD and manually lining things up on deck works without problems, but it's a bit tedious to fill the entire hold manually.

That's the fault of the Eden Editor.  It spawns the vehicle's INIT which unfortunately means all those things will (incorrectly) appear in the editor.  You can use the normal 2D editor to avoid this conundrum.  I am not aware of a way to "pause" the INIT scripts within the Eden editor.

That's the fault of the Eden Editor.  It spawns the vehicle's INIT which unfortunately means all those things will (incorrectly) appear in the editor.  You can use the normal 2D editor to avoid this conundrum.  I am not aware of a way to "pause" the INIT scripts within the Eden editor.

Yeah, it's the same for your Huey from Unsung in the editor.

I noticed that too.