CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

So is BIS ViV going to be done with or without door anims?

I.e. vehicle parks in the designated "load in" area > door opens, vehicle stays put > door anim ends, vehicle is teleported inside > door close anim commences?

Pretty much like sometime ago BI wanted to do get-in for inf. (and what RHS, VTN etc does actually do pretty well)

Sorry guys, searched the thread, and your site, but no luck.

Are there plans and/or ETA on Takistan style civilians?

Appreciate all you do.  Thanks!

So is BIS ViV going to be done with or without door anims?

I.e. vehicle parks in the designated "load in" area > door opens, vehicle stays put > door anim ends, vehicle is teleported inside > door close anim commences?

Pretty much like sometime ago BI wanted to do get-in for inf. (and what RHS, VTN etc does actually do pretty well)

Last i checked the open/close door anims were not supported for vehicle in vehicle, if they support it then we'll make use of it.

Appreciate all you do.  Thanks!

Not yet.

• Like 3

Appreciate all you do. Thanks!

Plans yes, ETA no

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

• Like 2

Last i checked the open/close door anims were not supported for vehicle in vehicle, if they support it then we'll make use of it.

So I thought as well. Just wanted to find out for sure!  ;)

Anybody else having the bug on Cherno where the terrain is white?

Anybody else having the bug on Cherno where the terrain is white?

Only in winter....

(and Winter is coming)

Seriously though, this is the place to ask that.

• Like 3

Only in winter....

(and Winter is coming)

Is this what I think it is? Cherno winter in the pack? :D  :D  :D

• Like 1

Is this what I think it is? Cherno winter in the pack? :D :D :D

LOL no this was just a ASoIaF reference :)

• Like 2

LOL no this was just a ASoIaF reference :)

LOL..damn you...I got all excited for nothing..hahahahahaha

What is the difference in the CUP AH-64 and the RHS AH-64? Not talking models or anything. I ask because I was messing around the Hunter Six mission by Lato converting it to one or the other to test them both out. With the RHS AH-64 it would engage any targets Laser Spotted judiciously with Hellfires even outside visual range, and the CUP AH-64 had to be almost on top of it and used the cannon much more than the Hellfires.

That could be 1,001 things.  What you describe I assume is AI behavior.  Possibly the irscanrange values on one or the other have been altered.  We did some testing w/ rangemaster values and they definitely made a difference in A2.  We found there was a trade-off between the AI knowing about far-away targets and the time it took for the AI to recognize the targets.  We assumed !!! that the list of targets to process was so large that it took longer for the AI to process the list of targets vs. a lower scanrange.  "somewhere in the middle" was best for our purposes.  YMMV of course and who knows how it changed in A3.

But that's a complete guess on my part!

• Like 1

Yes this is from an AI controlled Apache. The RHS one spends missiles like crazy even on infantry from far out, while the CUP one only used a single missile on a truck, cannon on everything else all close range. Both were up against multiple armed offroad trucks and infantry in different locations, w/4 quad racks of Hellfires each Apache.

Edit: Ok, I took both for a spin and that does seem to be the difference. In the RHS Apache the AI teammate was calling out targets much sooner. Thanks for the reply.

Off the top of my head that can be either because they use a much bigger radius for radar (which is not necessarily a good thing...) or the AI skill is set higher. I don't play with RHS though so i can't tell for sure, last time i tested our apache it seemed to behave normally.

• Like 2

Well edit to my edit - just speculation, can't say it is or is not.  The comparison is speculation.  My past experience w/ the rangemaster tests were made as a result of why does the AI never target... we determined that the large irscanrange isn't necessarily a good thing... took FOREVER for AI to call out targets.  We redid the vehicles (one of the choppers) w/ a much lower irscanrange and suddenly AI were calling out targets in a "timely" fashion. 

BUT all that was A2... again, haven't made the same test in A3 so "maybe, maybe not".  Since so much has changed in A3 the larger irscanrange values may actually work.  Just an interesting discussion to have at this point!  :)

• Like 3

To better understand what I was talking about I took a couple of videos below. Also to explain a bit more the AI helicopter is not under my control or part of my team. It is controlled through a script that forces it into combat mode and moves it to chosen location or returns it to base. Trying to understand the different behaviors as a hopefully upcoming mission maker. The RHS Apache was farther back and I had to move the CUP Apache up in order to get it to fire. Disregard the first missile fired in the RHS video. Was being impatient and was about to move the chopper and shut off the laser.

CUP AH-64

RHS AH-64

• Like 1

MH-6 Littlebirds now support fastrope as well:

N5QeIL4.jpg

• Like 10

MH-6 Littlebirds now support fastrope as well:

Looking good :) I haven't tried the fast roping at all-can you order ai  team mates to use the rope?

Forgot an important detail, that is ACE fastrope (although we're working on our own standalone alternative). :)

• Like 6

We have begun testing the new Vehicle In Vehicle tech from Apex:

• Like 12