CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

So I know this is not the tread for this but this is a common problem with most mods and you seam like a bunch off smart chaps so you may be able to help or at least point me to the right direction or if anyone else is having this issue. I used to go into the 2D editor place a unit down and use zeus to try out mod content. Now with the Apex pre release when I use the new editor (3D Editor) and I use zeus no mod content shows up (including CUP Content). Am I missing a step or something and let me know if your finding the same issue.

You have to set your zeus module to include unofficial addons as well...

• Like 1

You have to set your zeus module to include unofficial addons as well...

It worked thanks :)

Hi,

I use CUP Weapons, Units and Vehicles.

I got 800 Kb of errors and warnings in the RPT. Most of then are "INVALID MOVE" warnings and some "BONE" Warnings.

Those can harm something?

I uploaded the RPT here: http://pastebin.com/rysDXy2W

Congratulations for the amazing work.

They shouldn't be harmful and many of those have been cleaned up already. Some errors are still unclear to us but we hope to solve them for next patch.

• Like 2

They shouldn't be harmful and many of those have been cleaned up already. Some errors are still unclear to us but we hope to solve them for next patch.

Next patch eh...? Any teasers :D

200.gif

• Like 5

What you've seen these past few weeks, plus soundshaders and materials rework on SOME weapons.

We're saving some more cool new stuff for the following patch. :ph34r:

• Like 5

Looks purty.  There are youtube vids of the chinook boat retrieval with the flooded chopper, but I forget the slang term they call it

• Like 3

Hi,

I use CUP Weapons, Units and Vehicles.

I got 800 Kb of errors and warnings in the RPT. Most of then are "INVALID MOVE" warnings and some "BONE" Warnings.

Those can harm something?

I uploaded the RPT here: http://pastebin.com/rysDXy2W

Congratulations for the amazing work.

run with the "-nologs" switch for game play.  Severe performance hit if you don't.

So a lot of weapons like the FAL and m16 have iron sights that shake VIOLENTLY back and forth when you fire them in aim down site mode.

im wondering, is this a "feature" or will this be reworked? Like it doesnt seem smooth at all, in fact its quite jarring how much it shakes. 

So a lot of weapons like the FAL and m16 have iron sights that shake VIOLENTLY back and forth when you fire them in aim down site mode.

im wondering, is this a "feature" or will this be reworked? Like it doesnt seem smooth at all, in fact its quite jarring how much it shakes. 

That's bound to be reviewed, but "weapon shakiness" should come from vanilla recoils, i dont think it's something we intentionally increased.

Floating Chinooks, soon in a theater near you!

In case you don't know what this is about give this a nice read, i haven't gone insane: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphibious_helicopter  :ph34r:

I WANT TO DO THIS ... NAW!

The shame is you cant order the AI to land on water... or maybe with "heli flyinheight 0" ???

Dont know if is it already possible but even this would be great!

Helicopter_hoists_RHIB.jpg

• Like 4

We forgot to add slingloading to water vehicles but they've been all patched last week, so you should be able to slingload RHIBs and CRRCs/PBXs from next patch. I guess that's a "yes" to your question. :P

Anyway you can make AI "land" anywhere you want, you need to place an invisible Helipad, then order the AI to land there and you can make it float anywhere you want. Another solution is using unitCapture/unitPlay functions but they are heavy to run in MP (however work like a charm in SP).

This was recorded entirely with unitCapture/unitPlay, i recorded myself flying and shooting and the AI repeated precisely (except for the ROF of the Spooky that was cut in half for some reason, we later changed some values for the ammo so it's not representative of how the guns should work):

Can do the same with helos and probably all other vehicle classes as well.

• Like 5

In Arma2 we had a Chinook which you could land in the water and collect boats, can't recall who made it though. 

• Like 2

We'll probably go with vanilla vehicle in vehicle functionality, BI made some compelling arguments about theirs in the feedback thread.

• Like 1

We'll probably go with vanilla vehicle in vehicle functionality, BI made some compelling arguments about theirs in the feedback thread.

Nice to hear, its working really nicely with the new bounding box method instead of having to pre-define positions. Would be nice to have it work on water though, then you could easily have the ViV used for the CRRC into Chinook.

Long weapons like the FAL and M16 have their sights pretty far apart, and therefore will have more "relative" movement while firing. I don't think there is much that can be done about that, other than to lower their recoil, but especially with the FAL (being a 7.62 caliber) I don't think that is a good idea.

Ah the age old subjective "weapons aren't right" discussions :) 

THe FAL doesn't recoil as much as you'd think.  Being gas-operated and relatively heavy compared to say an M16, it tends to have the recoil "impulse" but it doesn't jump as much as you would expect.  Compare to a G3... those Germans like their heavy recoil :D

The M16 is so light however it shoots a light round and doesn't recoil as much as you'd expect.  Practically not at all.  HOWEVER it is light and depending on your stance isn't necessarily easy to keep on target.  Shooting from a kneeled position, it takes me one or two seconds in-between shots to acquire the target. 

Regardless, the vanilla recoils were "nerfed" about the time the bipods were introduced.  SO they are deliberately all higher than they should be.  Because BIPODS!

• Like 6

Ah the age old subjective "weapons aren't right" discussions :)

THe FAL doesn't recoil as much as you'd think.  Being gas-operated and relatively heavy compared to say an M16, it tends to have the recoil "impulse" but it doesn't jump as much as you would expect.  Compare to a G3... those Germans like their heavy recoil :D

The M16 is so light however it shoots a light round and doesn't recoil as much as you'd expect.  Practically not at all.  HOWEVER it is light and depending on your stance isn't necessarily easy to keep on target.  Shooting from a kneeled position, it takes me one or two seconds in-between shots to acquire the target. 

Regardless, the vanilla recoils were "nerfed" about the time the bipods were introduced.  SO they are deliberately all higher than they should be.  Because BIPODS!

Recoil on the M16 is really light. In basic many many moons ago.....  my drill Sergeant held one to his nuts and squeezed the trigger 3 times to demonstrate how little recoil there was...

• Like 5

I love the Bren models and Sa58 models is it possible to have them to be compatible with other supperssors instead of the standard BIS ones? Flash hiders would also be good?

Recoil on the M16 is really light. In basic many many moons ago.....  my drill Sergeant held one to his nuts and squeezed the trigger 3 times to demonstrate how little recoil there was...

That must be standard practice - I remember back in high school "back in the day" LOL  that the guys returning from basic (boot camp we called it) had similar stories.

• Like 4

Hey guys,

I got some problem with the MI-6 and its slingloading function. When I try to slingload an object (UAZ for example) via script and the "setSlingload" function, nothing happens. The MI-6 hovers, no rope is visible and the objects fall down to earth. The same script does work with vanilla helicopters f.e.

btw: Shouldn't the Super Stallion be able to lift a Stryker? We tried to lift one, but its seems to be too heavy.

The Mi6 had some wonky issues with the roadway LOD, we'll probably ditch that in the next patch since we don't need it for vehicle in vehicle anymore.

About the superstallion vs stryker, im not sure, have you tried using the setmass command?

• Like 1