CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

I've had several people over at my place report getting network errors after a while when trying to download cup terrains.
Any clue to what I can do to help them out?

I've had several people over at my place report getting network errors after a while when trying to download cup terrains.

If that was via Google drive the right address to complain would be Google.

If it was Steam Workshop, the right person would be support at Steam.

If it was Armaholic... you get the drill.

Can't really say anything else, there are people using our addons so I suspect any network problems are on your side or the provider's.

• Like 1

If that was via Google drive the right address to complain would be Google.

If it was Steam Workshop, the right person would be support at Steam.

If it was Armaholic... you get the drill.

Can't really say anything else, there are people using our addons so I suspect any network problems are on your side or the provider's.

Aaalright.... I'm not complaining, easy there fella...

It's the google download they are having issues with.

I just thought that when it's a case of more than three guys having the same difficulty downloading, over a period of several weeks there might be more than them. And it's only this file FYI.

There might even be someone here who had the same problem, and found a solution or different way/mirror...

Just asking for advice really.. Sorry if you read it as complaining.

Might be caused by the browser, i've had that problem myself dowloading large files from mega.

Aaalright.... I'm not complaining, easy there fella...

It's the google download they are having issues with.

I just thought that when it's a case of more than three guys having the same difficulty downloading, over a period of several weeks there might be more than them. And it's only this file FYI.

There might even be someone here who had the same problem, and found a solution or different way/mirror...

Just asking for advice really.. Sorry if you read it as complaining.

You're misinterpreting me. I am just stating that we cannot do anything about download difficulties. They're big downloads, so this might be an internet connection problem, but certainly nothing we can help out with.

• Like 1

AAF Super Hind

Very nice :) Usually people only complain, good to see someone actually pulling it off :)

• Like 6

Look, how can I do to help with the cup, I would make a stronger AAF, would this possibility?

We're always looking for help. If you want to help, I suggest joining the Discord chat, that's always a good place to start: https://discord.gg/0WqE6NaD5yJoe2Xf

• Like 1

You're misinterpreting me. I am just stating that we cannot do anything about download difficulties. They're big downloads, so this might be an internet connection problem, but certainly nothing we can help out with.

Well im not necessarily asking you guys, but the hundreds of people that are using CUP, and might have the same issue and perhaps found a solution. Nothing more my friend..

Is there perhaps other mirrors to downloading cup full terrain, than armaholic and google? Torrents maybe?

I have some Feedback for the Superhind:

As usual, awesome work with this baby!

I have intensivly tested the "Superhind" and particulary focused on the balance. What i like is that currently, it can withstand 1 and sometimes even 2 AA missiles without being instantly forced to land. (The same as in Wargame Red Dragon, if some of you know that game) So everything is fine with the durability in general, but there is something up with the cockpit. I feel like i am getting sniped Arma 2 style in the cockpit quite often. The 12.7mm of most if not all tanks easily penetrates into the cockpit and kills the pilot/gunner without problems. (It also seems to get through bottom of the cockpit) This is not the case with the vanilla choppers.

Regarding the weaponry:

I think everything is fine with the Super Hind in that catergory, as was with the "normal" Hinds before. It truly is a beast in that category. Maybe you could increase the damage of the Ataka AT missiles, as i personally think it is rather difficult destroying Abrams and vanilla tanks with it.

And at last i have a question: Are there any plans to allow firing from the passenger seats of the Hinds? (Like in RHS)

Keep up the amazing work! I thank you all for doing this in your free time  :)

What links specifically? IE where are you pointing them?

The best way to DL the terrains in directly from the CUP website here:

http://cup-arma3.org/download

A lot of community, derivative mod, and other websites link to the old files which are no longer shared, I don't know if there is a google mirror for the current terrains release.

Hey guys, Love CUP, love the pack. But I have some editing/scripting questions. Dont know if this is the right place for them so I apoligize if its not. Im wondering, 1) If there is any way to set the Marine vehicles to be folded via init or whatever needed, and 2) This towing tractor is amazing, but how in the hell do I get it to actually work? Thanks for your time guys!

What links specifically? IE where are you pointing them?

The best way to DL the terrains in directly from the CUP website here:

http://cup-arma3.org/download

A lot of community, derivative mod, and other websites link to the old files which are no longer shared, I don't know if there is a google mirror for the current terrains release.

The google link from cup's website. It might have something to do with their browsers I dont know. Yesterday one had the network error after downloading for a while with google chrome. I'll ask them to try other browsers.

Hey guys, Love CUP, love the pack. But I have some editing/scripting questions. Dont know if this is the right place for them so I apoligize if its not. Im wondering, 1) If there is any way to set the Marine vehicles to be folded via init or whatever needed, and 2) This towing tractor is amazing, but how in the hell do I get it to actually work? Thanks for your time guys!

See the LHD documentation - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iXjN0pLlbJ51n5e4SoKR00491WkbHpbhFxbVyTEkwxk/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 3

I'm happy to show you the latest addition to our vehicle line-up, the venerable AC-47D Spooky gunship, precursor of the AC-130 Spectre gunship in use nowadays:

http://imgur.com/a/PiEec

Two of the three side-firing miniguns are slaved to the Pilot yoke like the original one, then there's a third controlled by a dedicated gunner, and sitting next to him there's an Observer "jolly" slot.

Also we changed some bits to the minigun ammunition so from next patch they will be even deadlier.

• Like 11

incredible work

have you considered FFV on the spotter slot if its possible? they'd be able to do the obvious (blast some fools), throw smoke grenades, IR grenades, etc, and also use binoculars and other optics for spotting

I'm happy to show you the latest addition to our vehicle line-up, the venerable AC-47D Spooky gunship, precursor of the AC-130 Spectre gunship in use nowadays:

Also we changed some bits to the minigun ammunition so from next patch they will be even deadlier.

oh niiiiiiice. well done

incredible work

have you considered FFV on the spotter slot if its possible? they'd be able to do the obvious (blast some fools), throw smoke grenades, IR grenades, etc, and also use binoculars and other optics for spotting

I'll look into it, but i'm afraid the vibrations of the airplane will make Binos almost useless.

I'll look into it, but i'm afraid the vibrations of the airplane will make Binos almost useless.

well - for that reason humanity has invented stuff like M32 and M79. and the Pig ofc...  B)

Hi Chairborne.

Nice addition!

However, as this plane is outdated, does CUP team thinks about the AC-130 too? To have a modern version of the Gunship?

Thanks.

Hi Chairborne.

Nice addition!

However, as this plane is outdated, does CUP team thinks about the AC-130 too? To have a modern version of the Gunship?

Thanks.

Thinking - yes. But can't really say, we'll have to see how far we get. No promise.