CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Amazing times! To see players so closely involved in the constant and rapid development of future improvements and at the same time, entrusted with the sources required to curate and update the series' legacy, is just incredible. Has anything like this relationship been seen in gaming before? Many thanks to the CUP team who invest so much toil to hold up the players' end.

• Like 5

Vert nice update!

1 question though:

When using the AH-6J, there is a visor when using the miniguns but it disappears when switching to rockets.

Can you also add it for the rockets please?

Thanks!

Hi

There seems to be an issue with Helicopters from CUP Vehicles. When i am inside of the helicopter UH-1H and i try to run this code

player action ["Eject", vehicle player];

It does not work. It does not even work for other helicopters though i just tested it with one.

When i use that command on vanilla helicopters everything works fine.

Wow this update is really nice!  It really shows the amount of work to get all that content working, fantastic job CUP team!

I don't know if this has been brought up already, but are the coyota and it's technical variants going to make it in?  

Holy Mackerel!  You don't see this every day of the week!  :lol:

f613c8477751295.jpg

It's a Ka-52 I shot down with my NAPA Ural + Zu-23 on Utes.  BTW, the hood of the NAPA guy's camo smock can block his view annoyingly sometimes, especially when he's gunner of Zu-23 searching for targets while not in optics mode.

a0320c477997359.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry if my thanks are simpleminded, but one of my first memories of Arma was watching ShackTac missions a few years ago (Arma 2) where CHkilroy nearly got run down or mowed down by a Vodnik. It was destroyed, to be followed by a mob of 2-3 more Vodniks, IIRC.

Thanks for finally bringing forward the Vodnik!

Anyway, Arma 3, the CUP package, and all the other mods I use  have hitherto already been a huge, wondrous rabbit hole I've lost myself in. CUP just gets better and better, and I don't know that I'd ever ask for a feature to be added, b/c I'm already overwhelmed with amazing choices I don't have the time to fully use. :D Thank you to all the CUP members for their work, including ACE integration and attention to details/fixes.

(Did someone improve the lighting wossname textures for the German units? Maybe I just used them on a different map from my previous preview, but they look great and fit into the map lighting now.)

BTW, the hood of the NAPA guy's camo smock can block his view annoyingly sometimes, especially when he's gunner of Zu-23 searching for targets while not in optics mode.

Yeah, true. Can you please open a ticket on the bug tracker, I'll look into it ASAP.

Hi

There seems to be an issue with Helicopters from CUP Vehicles. When i am inside of the helicopter UH-1H and i try to run this code

It does not work. It does not even work for other helicopters though i just tested it with one.

I used this code not for player but his AI soldiers to force them eject from CUP navy blackhawak and it works for me. But it was not the player.

Hi to all!

Really a great update!!! But we have a problem with Bluefor machinegunner's ammo. Machinegun and pistol can not use the ammo of that unit.

6f5ae94bcd15t.jpg

9b0c8ac06b91t.jpg

Hi to all!

Really a great update!!! But we have a problem with Bluefor machinegunner's ammo. Machinegun and pistol can not use the ammo of that unit.

6f5ae94bcd15t.jpg

9b0c8ac06b91t.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if I were you. The Czech forces are still using placeholder units, they're not done.

Please post this on the tracker though @ http://dev.cup-arma3.org/

Kind regards,

Sanchez

• Like 1

Hi

Were you in as crew or passenger?

If I add CUP weapons to description.ext, those not show in the briefing. Only the CUP magazines (and the binocular):

class Weapons
{
  class CUP_M16A4_ACG
  {
	count = 4; 
  };
  class CUP_M16A4_ACG_GL
  {
	count = 4; 
  };
  class Binocular
  {
	count = 4; 
  };
  class CUP_M240
  {
	count = 2; 
  };
  class CUP_M249
  {
	count = 2; 
  };
  class CUP_DMR
  {
	count = 2; 
  };
  class CUP_SMAW
  {
	count = 4; 
  };
};

class Magazines
{
  class CUP_30Rnd_556x45_Stanag
  {
	count = 50; 
  };
  class CUP_100Rnd_TE4_LRT4_Red_Tracer_762x51_Belt_M
  {
	count = 10; 
  };
  class CUP_200Rnd_TE4_Red_Tracer_556x45_M249
  {
	count = 10; 
  };
  class CUP_20Rnd_762x51_DMR
  {
	count = 10; 
  };
  class CUP_SMAW_HEAA_M
  {
	count = 4; 
  };
};

But if I add the same weapons to a vehicle's cargo, weapons available in inventory:

helo1 addWeaponCargo["CUP_M249",2];
helo1 addWeaponCargo["CUP_M16A4_ACG_GL",5];
helo1 addMagazineCargo["CUP_200Rnd_TE4_Red_Tracer_556x45_M249",20];
helo1 addMagazineCargo["CUP_30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",30];
helo1 addWeaponCargo["CUP_DMR",2];
helo1 addMagazineCargo["CUP_20Rnd_762x51_DMR",16];
helo1 addWeaponCargo["CUP_SMAW",2];
helo1 addMagazineCargo["CUP_SMAW_HEAA_M",6];

How can I make the weapons also available in briefing?

It seems that the US Army Infantry is not showing up in Zeus, all the other factions work fine though, Great update regardless :)

Do you guys happen to have the classname for the cannon on the M1A2 Tusk handy? I can't find it, and have been scouring the config viewer for hours! Thanks.

Did the Takistani civilians make it into the most recent Units release or will that be a future update? Was hoping to make an ALiVE mission using CUP only (Takistani Militia and civilians) but remember reading it might not be completed for this release.

How can I make the weapons also available in briefing?

That's weird... the only thing I can imagine what is happening that the "Compatibility"names do not show up because they are scope=1. Try to replace them with the "real" names (CUP_arifle_M4A1 and similar) and see if that fixes it.

It seems that the US Army Infantry is not showing up in Zeus, all the other factions work fine though, Great update regardless :)

Can you make a ticket on our tracker? I assume it is the units that are missing in the cfgPatches list.

Do you guys happen to have the classname for the cannon on the M1A2 Tusk handy? I can't find it, and have been scouring the config viewer for hours! Thanks.

You didn't look at the right place then, it's right there in the weapons[] array: CUP_Vcannon_M256_M1Abrams

Did the Takistani civilians make it into the most recent Units release or will that be a future update? Was hoping to make an ALiVE mission using CUP only (Takistani Militia and civilians) but remember reading it might not be completed for this release.

Negative, Takistani civilians aren't in yet. Hopefully next update, but that's not a promise, we'll have to see.

• Like 3

Can you make a ticket on our tracker? I assume it is the units that are missing in the cfgPatches list.

Ticket created :)