CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Hey Delta,

Since you are the resident Brit forces "CEO" for cup, is the Pinzgauer included in the vehicles being ported in from A2?

Hey Delta,

Since you are the resident Brit forces "CEO" for cup, is the Pinzgauer included in the vehicles being ported in from A2?

No.

Hey Delta,

No.

What Chairborne said, we don't have sources to that type of vehicle so currently its not possible. I'll look into it though.

• Like 2

Has anyone else noticed that the UH-1Y Venom gunship (USMC version CUP_B_UH1Y_GUNSHIP_USMC) has no distance LOD's? I was watching one about 1KM to 1.5KM away and all that was visible were the rotors and the crew. (kinda funny actually). If there is no ticket for this and hasn't been resolved yet I will create a ticket for it!

• Like 2

Hello, I'm trying to do a mission with the WASP class LHD.

Is there anyway to disable defensive weapons and animations?

I've read the user manual.

But I didn't find anything usefull.

Cheers,

Mug Bubule.

Hello, I'm trying to do a mission with the WASP class LHD.

Is there anyway to disable defensive weapons and animations?

At this point in time, no.

Well, I'll try to hide them in container or something so they can't shoot.

Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately not. Most weapons have aliases that are like the Arma2 name with CUP_ prepended, but not Vehicles, and we haven't got a list either.

Thank you for the answer. My problem is, those prefixes are not constant. I mean USMC_Soldier_AR became CUP_B_USMC_Soldier_AR, but USMC_Soldier_Medic not became CUP_B_USMC_Soldier_Medic (as logically), but CUP_B_USMC_Medic.

One more question: there are some guideline where CUP advancing? My problem is, I found out your USMC is great, well ported. But their chernorussian enemy Czedaki is not ported, just iranian dummy. It's OK, I know time is the resource what we all have shortage. So I checked the takistani opfor and it's done, well ported again. So I changed my mind to port my takistani missions instead of chernorussian. Unfortunately in the first minute I realized, the takistanian bluefor (US Army) also not ported, just altian dummy.

So my question is, can you strict to one universe at a time and when it's done, move forward to the next universe?

CHDKZ will be available in next patch, along with US Army, Russia and BAF.

• Like 13

All of my yes!

when you've ported all the stuff, and are done with improving, optimizing, tweaking the visuals, do you also plan to improve on functionality/mechanics?

i'm thinking of things like realistic launcher mechanics (disposable launchers / spotting rifle) or for example little details like switchaeble combat-positional-lights on vehicles seperate from "normal" lights/headlights...

i'm thinking of things like realistic launcher mechanics (disposable launchers / spotting rifle) or for example little details like switchaeble combat-positional-lights on vehicles seperate from "normal" lights/headlights...

Disposable launchers are planned for the update after this weeks update. Spotting rifke will be in this update (i.e out within the next two or so days).

You can already control position lights and headlights whereever appropriate...

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

• Like 2

Thank you for the answer. My problem is, those prefixes are not constant. I mean USMC_Soldier_AR became CUP_B_USMC_Soldier_AR, but USMC_Soldier_Medic not became CUP_B_USMC_Soldier_Medic (as logically), but CUP_B_USMC_Medic.

Yeah that is unfortunate, I am sticking to the class names of the dummy infantry. At one point I'd like to do a conversion table but that is still quite far off.

So my question is, can you strict to one universe at a time and when it's done, move forward to the next universe?

Ideally that would be the case, unfortunately that is not hour motivation works. I need to be "behind" what I am doing, since the process can be quite tedious.

As Chairborne said, we'll release US Army, Brits, Russian and Chedaki this week. What comes next I cannot say - as I said in absence of payment (it's a hobby not a job) I need to be motivated to work on a faction, and certain factions are more interesting to me than others...

Sorry about that, I know it's not àn ideal situation...

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

• Like 5

Thank you! That is a great news!

Yeah that is unfortunate, I am sticking to the class names of the dummy infantry. At one point I'd like to do a conversion table but that is still quite far off.

To convert my campaign to A3, I will do some kind of conversation table. So I will do something, share it, and you can ignore it or edit it, as you wish.

Ideally that would be the case, unfortunately that is not hour motivation works. I need to be "behind" what I am doing, since the process can be quite tedious.

As Chairborne said, we'll release US Army, Brits, Russian and Chedaki this week. What comes next I cannot say - as I said in absence of payment (it's a hobby not a job) I need to be motivated to work on a faction, and certain factions are more interesting to me than others...

Sorry about that, I know it's not àn ideal situation...

Sorry if I were rude - I'm not a native english speaker - I don't mean it that way. I'm a mission maker and I know our only payment is motivation and sometimes we have a shortage.

This is a the first time when I met/tried CUP, but I read about it before and somehow I imagine it's a real community project with lot of addon makers. The same addon makers who did their own ports before, but now they do it in an organised community. This is why I ask about the not completed universe.

I respect your hard work. Thank you!

Has anyone else noticed that the UH-1Y Venom gunship (USMC version CUP_B_UH1Y_GUNSHIP_USMC) has no distance LOD's? I was watching one about 1KM to 1.5KM away and all that was visible were the rotors and the crew. (kinda funny actually). If there is no ticket for this and hasn't been resolved yet I will create a ticket for it!

Flight of the Bumblebees...scratch that flight of the Valkyries

To convert my campaign to A3, I will do some kind of conversation table. So I will do something, share it, and you can ignore it or edit it, as you wish.

I'd be very grateful for that information. I had a mind of writing a semi-automatic translation tool to convert old missions into CUP/Arma 3.

Great to hear you are converting your Arma 2 campaign (Chesty Puller ?) I really liked that one a lot.

Sorry if I were rude - I'm not a native english speaker - I don't mean it that way. I'm a mission maker and I know our only payment is motivation and sometimes we have a shortage.

This is a the first time when I met/tried CUP, but I read about it before and somehow I imagine it's a real community project with lot of addon makers. The same addon makers who did their own ports before, but now they do it in an organised community. This is why I ask about the not completed universe.

I respect your hard work. Thank you!

Don't worry, I didn't perceive it as such. I just wanted to explain the seemingly random way that some of the stuff is handled :)

CUP is very much a community project, but for the units, most of the time it is only me working on it, especially the stuff that requires remodelling. The problem with units as opposed to vehicles is that they require a lot of "original" modelling work since you need to separate out and re-model the parts that are hidden by the vests. In most cases, that also means retexturing. If you take e.g. Miles from Arma 2, I had to remove the vest and neck scarf and found that there was almost no geometry of his upper body left, only the arms basically. The rest of his shirt was missing, also on the texture, so I went for a full remodel because I couldn't really get the woodland camo pattern to match the existing parts. Cooper was easier since he only wears uniform-green jacket instead of a camo pattern.

That is why I do the units most of the time :)

• Like 7

I tried to do a search but could not find an answer so would ask here:

Would the CUP team consider porting Take On Helicopter terrains data pack over from here:

https://www.bistudio.com/community/licenses/licensed-data-packages

The license does say:

"Please note that TKOH data are licensed for creating derivatives for both the Take On Helicopters and Arma games."

I know the Seattle map is nice but the buildings and the actual foliage could use some ARMA 3 level detailing. If this is not allowed, please advise as I could not find an answer for it.

It worked when AiA was actively worked on and the TO series looked better under ARMA 3's engine.

We looked into it already and concluded that the workload involved is too high right now, we're short on manpower for terrains and other stuff has priority right now. So no.

To be fair Arma does need more maps that are bigger than 10km x 10km. Of only terrain making was as easy as Cities Skylines. 

To be fair Arma does need more maps that are bigger than 10km x 10km. Of only terrain making was as easy as Cities Skylines. 

10km x 10km is perfectly fine for most uses. 

I know the Seattle map is nice but the buildings and the actual foliage could use some ARMA 3 level detailing. 

Unfortunately that is true for a lot of TkoH assets. There are a big number of civilian cars and vehicles that have no interior or are low resolution because they were supposed to be seen from the air only. Which is really too bad, since IMO Arma 3 could use some more civilian assets, but bringing them up to specs is, for the most part, almost as much work as remaking them.

• Like 2

The Seattle map would be too much work and wouldn't look great due to the low detail, but the HUGE map of the sparsely-populated CA/AZ border - Colorado River region would be cool even at the low resolution!  B)

10km x 10km is perfectly fine for most uses. 

Yea, if you're into infantry only. 

Massive maps that are say 100km x 100km would give everyone shitloads of more variety compared to a 10km x 10km. Maybe one day.