CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Hey CUP Gents,

Just wanted to say thanks for all the work. My community and I have never been so happy to drown inland. 

Will the Russians be part of the next update? :868:

Possible, although I wouldn't count on it. In any case, I started with them.

I started off of AlexF1's uniform model from Armaholic because it is an excellent model. I updated the model a bit, added some camo variants (EMR was included, I added the Flora) and made a variant with rolled-up sleeves.

7S4UZLUl.jpg

(click for larger)

That's the current state of affairs. I'll have to see how I handle the vests, I guess the old vests might look a bit out of place on this excellent new model... Will have to see what can be done about that.

That leaves Spetsnaz and MVD from the original Arma 2 units. Probably going to remake those from scratch.

All still very much Work-in-Progress, so I guess they won't be in the next update yet.

• Like 11

He look's great! Fantastic work! However, does the US Army actually use shirts like that? I've only ever seen ones like these:

Yes, they do.

It's slightly different, and we might have to change it a bit still, but the basic idea is like the FROG gear that the USMC uses, basically fire-resistant combat gear.

• Like 1

That leaves Spetsnaz and MVD from the original Arma 2 units. Probably going to remake those from scratch.

All still very much Work-in-Progress, so I guess they won't be in the next update yet.

*hint-hint* Crye/ACU in gucci camo (Multicum or Surpat) + western Molle gear = modern MVD ))) or at least as a "more real" placeholder until later...

refs:

http://cs619921.vk.me/v619921721/6db9/0gCOUjzL6bs.jpg

http://cs629402.vk.me/v629402882/9631/fZSV_1RaanI.jpg

http://www.srvv.org/upload/medialibrary/f18/bakal6.jpg

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xtf1/t51.2885-15/s320x320/e35/11248191_399209016916047_281331721_n.jpg

• Like 2

This is a honest question. Are you guys working on takistan civilian class, or would you need some help in making config for them? I think I have one you guys can use.

• Like 1

Yes, they do.

It's slightly different, and we might have to change it a bit still, but the basic idea is like the FROG gear that the USMC uses, basically fire-resistant combat gear.

Its also the same top (but mirrored) as the AAF 

Just a note, you cant see the range when zeroing on AH-64 cannon. Its pretty much guess work to fire at longer distances. Would be nice if there was an info in the upper corner as with all weapons.

• Like 1

Just a note, you cant see the range when zeroing on AH-64 cannon. Its pretty much guess work to fire at longer distances. Would be nice if there was an info in the upper corner as with all weapons.

Are you using the ace compatibility patch too?

Are you using the ace compatibility patch too?

Didnt have ACE FCS enabled, now it works. Thanks for the help.

Fun fact: the Apache trumps the vanilla Comanche. I extracted the Combined arms showcase and replaced the Comanche with AH-64. Normally the Comanche would be able to do a single gun run and then get shot down by AA missile. Apache on the other hand makes a mincemeat out of enemies and lives to see another day.

Have you thought about retexturing some vanilla Arma 3 vehicles that are currently used in real life?

The Zamak is the KamAZ-5350 used by the Russian Army.

The Tempest is the Kamaz Typhoon also used by Russia.

The Strider is the Fennek used by Germany.

The HEMTT is of course the HEMTT used by the US Army.

And the Hunter is the L-ATV that is entering service in the US Army and USMC in 2018. Although the in game model looks a bit different to the real thing.

I did try retexturing some of these myself, but I just couldn't get them working and I have no idea what I was doing wrong.  :unsure:

Have you thought about retexturing some vanilla Arma 3 vehicles that are currently used in real life?

And the Hunter is the L-ATV that is entering service in the US Army and USMC in 2018. Although the in game model looks a bit different to the real thing.

I did try retexturing some of these myself, but I just couldn't get them working and I have no idea what I was doing wrong.  :unsure:

Its a M-ATV and it looks exactly like it does irl. LATV is something else. lol

Minus the custom turret anyway.

Hi,

I have been away from Arma3 for a while and I have decided to come back.

I have the following mods "installed": cup vehicles - cup unit - cup weapons and Cba (last version).

When I put an  unit in the editor io got this message :

No entry

Bin/config.bin/cfg.weapons.cup_Vhmg_Kptv_veh

In this case the unit placed is Brdm 2

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Edit: strange things: in the garage i have access to all vehicles units.

Edit2_ My bad. Situation Solved. 

Hi,

I have been away from Arma3 for a while and I have decided to come back.

I have the following mods "installed": cup vehicles - cup unit - cup weapons and Cba (last version).

When I put an  unit in the editor io got this message :

No entry

Bin/config.bin/cfg.weapons.cup_Vhmg_Kptv_veh

In this case the unit placed is Brdm 2

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Guessing corrupt download. Did you get that from the steam workshop?

The vanilla Arma 3 vehicles have been re-textured sooo soo many times!! Google "camo pattern" and I can almost guarantee there is a retexture project with any of the camos, or ALL of them. do a little scrounging around armaholic.com to find what you need. These guys are on a whole different level m8 :)

Is cup Modulair can i delete some vehicles and will it still work then ?

The will be port Fallujahint map?

It was community made so not really our business. Go ask the author. Besides it already works with cup/aia terrains.

Is cup Modulair can i delete some vehicles and will it still work then ?

No.

It works, but there are errors. A lot of empty space, which should be at home. The prints on the ground even there. Nope debris, grass. although the uses AiA

Any other mods except CUP and CBA ? 

It works, but there are errors. A lot of empty space, which should be at home. The prints on the ground even there. Nope debris, grass. although the uses AiA

This photo with @CUP_Terrains

That's just part of the map; it was made on a sat image so those are the locations of actual buildings, not buildings placed within the game.

it works flawlessly in my game. All it needs is the ground to be high res'd and grass to be added 

We are still using AiA TP and there is no problem with Fallujah.

• Like 1

This project is great I really like to have the contents from A2 to be able to create missions with in A3!

Thanks for this project guys!

How awesome would it be if you could do an amphibious assault with your beloved AAV-7 / BMP-2 in Arma 3 like you did in Arma 2?

Well, you CAN'T because the Arma 3 engine is broken!

Show your support and upvote this ticket: http://feedback.arma...ew.php?id=19911

Hopefully if enough members from the community voice their opinion we can convince BIS to give this some priority!

This was fixed. I believe.

Now with 100 % more active weapons

*Blood Diamond raid intensifies  B)

How awesome would it be if you could do an amphibious assault with your beloved AAV-7 / BMP-2 in Arma 3 like you did in Arma 2?

Well, you CAN'T because the Arma 3 engine is broken!

Show your support and upvote this ticket: http://feedback.arma...ew.php?id=19911

Hopefully if enough members from the community voice their opinion we can convince BIS to give this some priority!

This was fixed. I believe.

For those of us that have tested and played with it, 'I KNOW" it still has some work to be perfected.  I know.

Edit to add - we have the Unsung M113's working by putting them under the wheeled APC class.  Works!  Needs a few config reference lines but darned if it works.  Not perfect, but until the tracked APC class can actually work as well as the wheeled APC class in water it will stay as-is, since the Unsung plans don't have any significant beach landings.  Only really needed for the river crossings.

APC driver still disappears in external view, so any additional work to reveal the insides like the Uns M113's have will result in the driver disappearing from external view when turned in.  Unfortunately since several of the Vietnam-era tracked vehicles have the ability to see the pilot this has had to be mitigated w/ opaque glass, etc. and hoping no one notices :)

Here's hoping we can rip off the duct tape soon! ;)

• Like 2