CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Instead of ACM i recommend using ALiVE mod. Way more powerful IMO. 

AlivE takes time and more than 1 module to make it do remotely close to what ACM did. A perfect combination i knew of for Singleplayer boredom or Multiplayer freetime with your friends was using ACM and SECOPS that pretty much made 2 modules do pretty much what alive did

Also i love the BAF uniforms

If you mean within the editor, no of course not, but it does produce a complete LHD in preview mode.

no I mean this isn't spawning the CUP Vehicles LHD that has all the improvements. Its spawning the static objects from CUP Terrains.

• Like 1

Yes, the LHD from CUP dont work correctly with Eden. I wait for the update.

Thanks for the great work you have done with CUP !

Talk to the nimitz team they found a way to get the nimitz to work in eden.

A lot of stuff sorted out on the ANZAC Frigate, a whole lot more to go.

wk2cI7C.jpg

• Like 17

Is the C-RAM on the back Automatic like the LHD? Or can you man it?

Hi All,

Looking for a little help here with CUP Weapons. After the 1.56 update, on my rented/dedicated server, CUP Weapons has a red dot next to it in the mod list at the lower right of the server browser. CUP Units and CUP Vehicles are green as are my other mods, except for the DLC addons which always seem to be red. As with the DLCs the server runs fine and all of the CUP Weapons assets are available and seem to work fine. Just wondering why, now, it show red. I've tried putting a fresh copy of 1.5 on both the server and my client machine, no change. Any insight would be appreciated, thanks.

Dave

G'day Chairborne,

Will the cranes on the Anzac frigate be functional to launch and recover RIBs?  At this stage, what weapons will she be armed with?

Hi All,

Looking for a little help here with CUP Weapons. After the 1.56 update, on my rented/dedicated server, CUP Weapons has a red dot next to it in the mod list at the lower right of the server browser. CUP Units and CUP Vehicles are green as are my other mods, except for the DLC addons which always seem to be red. As with the DLCs the server runs fine and all of the CUP Weapons assets are available and seem to work fine. Just wondering why, now, it show red. I've tried putting a fresh copy of 1.5 on both the server and my client machine, no change. Any insight would be appreciated, thanks.

Dave

I don't think that stuff is trustworthy, if it works fine i wouldn't bother trying to fix it.

G'day Chairborne,

Will the cranes on the Anzac frigate be functional to launch and recover RIBs?  At this stage, what weapons will she be armed with?

We still have to work on it but that is the plan, also being able to pack helos and pull them in the hangar.

Mk45 cannon, Harpoons (with placeholder model for the time being), Sea Sparrows and CIWS, but i think ill need to make a video explaining how they all work because we had to take some shortcuts because of engine limitations/issues.

• Like 2

Thanks for the info Chairborne. Looking forward to the release. Another much needed asset.

Would be very interested to see how the sea sparrow works as I believe they are launched vertically from the Anzac, if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks for the info Chairborne. Looking forward to the release. Another much needed asset.

Would be very interested to see how the sea sparrow works as I believe they are launched vertically from the Anzac, if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah... they don't.

I had the VLS working at some point but when aiming at particular angles the missile would spawn under water or inside the vehicle killing the crew, not really optimal.

Also there are a few other issues with tablock and putting everything together wasn't exactly easy.

Until we find some workaround to this we'll have to make do.

The only way I got them working on my frigate was using Gnat's vertical launch script.  Which thankfully is MP-friendly. 

I also used a script to open the vert launch doors per shot.  Worked well, however ideally they would be animated like a bullet on the ammo belt, instead of hiding they would rotate open per-shot.

There are a few solutions to animate the VLS ports, however as it stands it would be pretty much useless since they come out near the harpoon tubes.

The Gnat script will place them at the correct location via that script (via setpos and setdir commands IIRC) so it can be done.  On my frigate I set those to utilize some of my POOK_SAM missiles as I didn't have a sea sparrow model or config.  There is an initial puff of smoke at the harpoon tubes, then the script fires off and resets the missiles to the VLS location.  The initial puff of smoke could be mitigated by changing the missile smoke effect or perhaps simply changing the motor init time to 0.25 or something so that the script takes over before any smoke effect is created.  Regardless its up to you :)

I kind of lost interest since I couldn't use the harpoon tubes for a surface-surface missile due to the apparent lack of support for artillery computer on boats.  I had the harpoons working but am reluctant to use attachto for a custom turret gizmo.  Maybe one day...

I don't think that stuff is trustworthy, if it works fine i wouldn't bother trying to fix it.

Yes I suspect that is the case since even BI's own DLC content often appears red on many servers. This is just the first time this has ever happened with the CUP mods. Is anyone else seeing the same thing?

I have a sneaking suspicion that it's related to the latest CBA_A3 'hotfix' 2.3.1 because I think that is actually when I first noticed it. Thanks again.

Dave

Despite real lifes best efforts. Work continues on the US Army faction. 

CEFFDDD86BDA848DA8AEC459A0DCC19788EFC4CE

• Like 15

Despite real lifes best efforts. Work continues on the US Army faction. 

He look's great! Fantastic work! However, does the US Army actually use shirts like that? I've only ever seen ones like these:

800px-Army_Combat_Uniform.jpg

Of course I'm not American or even in the Army so I have no idea!

That style of shirt will be included too. I added the UBACS to give a bit of variety :) 

That style of shirt will be included too. I added the UBACS to give a bit of variety :)

You're just as awesome as what you make! Thanks. :)

A lot of stuff sorted out on the ANZAC Frigate, a whole lot more to go.

is this released!? :o me want!!!!!!!

is this released!? :o me want!!!!!!!

No not yet, please don't quote images as per the forum rules - Thanks

• Like 1