CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Fair enough, that will work. I have just been testing the LHD in Eden Editor and have noticed even the empty versions spawn with defences (that randomly fall onto the deck) and there is no way to actually grab, move or even undo the ship.

only in editor view when you play the mission are ok

yeah in Eden it looks like the LHD is mirrored too.

LHD doesn't work in Zeus or Eden yet...

LHD kinda works for me in Eden. For some reason, plane blow up when placed on the LHD, but besides that, it works.

LHD kinda works for me in Eden. For some reason, plane blow up when placed on the LHD, but besides that, it works.

How do you even place it down, i cant find it anymore? 

IvdJN95l.png

Mi-24 SuperHind Mk.IV

Icebreakr, you were right, it's an Mi-24 SuperHind Mk.III, or an Mi-35 (without M) since that's the export variant resp. the original ATE designation.

Edit: As Chortles mentioned, this is configurable within the Virtual Garage, and Mk.III and Mk.IV variants exist per default already

Oh now that is sweet!

This really has me inspired to bring my Mi24-A Krokodil over to A3. And CUPs documentation looks like it could really help in this regard, unfortunately I'd still need to find the time.

That frigate interior is also looking top notch.

Keep up the good work CUP!

• Like 3

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but no factions seem to work with ALIVE.

Haven't had any problems, which faction specifically?

This really has me inspired to bring my Mi24-A Krokodil over to A3.

Oh, please do, I'm pretty sure that there is plenty of people (myself included) that are interested in rare/unusual Soviet tech. :)

• Like 1

Oh now that is sweet!

This really has me inspired to bring my Mi24-A Krokodil over to A3. And CUPs documentation looks like it could really help in this regard, unfortunately I'd still need to find the time.

That frigate interior is also looking top notch.

Keep up the good work CUP!

please 

tumblr_mbfosiXXHN1qzqdem.gif

• Like 1

Do y'all plan on bringing modules like the ACM back (Maybe add a drop down menu or a line to put what factions we want to spawn in)?

Do y'all plan on bringing modules like the ACM back (Maybe add a drop down menu or a line to put what factions we want to spawn in)?

Maybe. Modules are not our top priority. Some modules were quite good... some where completly useless.

Future updates will definitly feature some oldschool and some fresh missions and gamemodes. Maybe some of the used scripts will make it into modules but I would prefer an function level system like BIs new group and revive system

For putting the LHD in the water, there's a simple script from A2:Eagle Wing that works quite well. Simply put a game logic in the water, give it a name and put that name in this script (I called it 'lhd').  In Eden, the direction is 180 degs off from the game logic's direction, and I had to raise the logic by 10m to get the LHD higher in the water.

_unitObj = lhd;
_LHDdir = getdir _unitObj;
_LHDspawnpoint = getposasl _unitObj;
_parts =
[
"Land_LHD_house_1",
"Land_LHD_house_2",
"Land_LHD_elev_R",
"Land_LHD_1",
"Land_LHD_2",
"Land_LHD_3",
"Land_LHD_4",
"Land_LHD_5",
"Land_LHD_6"
];
{
_dummy = _x createvehicle _LHDspawnpoint;
_dummy setdir _LHDdir;
_dummy setpos _LHDspawnpoint;
}foreach _parts;

Haven't had any problems, which faction specifically?

Takistani army and NAPA, using custom and civi objectives. Also on CUP terrains.

Maybe. Mosules are not our top prioroty. Some modules were quite good... some where completly useless.

Future updates will definitly feature some oldschool and some fresh missions and gamemodes. Maybe some of the used scripts will make it into modules but I would prefer an function level system like BIs new group and revive system

ok, i just have a lot of friends that like the Ambient Combat module and were sad that it didnt make it to arma III

ok, i just have a lot of friends that like the Ambient Combat module and were sad that it didnt make it to arma III

You sure there's no usermade addon or script that implements it back into A3? Just pass the classnames to that script and it'll do the rest.

For putting the LHD in the water, there's a simple script from A2:Eagle Wing that works quite well. Simply put a game logic in the water, give it a name and put that name in this script (I called it 'lhd').  In Eden, the direction is 180 degs off from the game logic's direction, and I had to raise the logic by 10m to get the LHD higher in the water.

_unitObj = lhd;
_LHDdir = getdir _unitObj;
_LHDspawnpoint = getposasl _unitObj;
_parts =
[
"Land_LHD_house_1",
"Land_LHD_house_2",
"Land_LHD_elev_R",
"Land_LHD_1",
"Land_LHD_2",
"Land_LHD_3",
"Land_LHD_4",
"Land_LHD_5",
"Land_LHD_6"
];
{
_dummy = _x createvehicle _LHDspawnpoint;
_dummy setdir _LHDdir;
_dummy setpos _LHDspawnpoint;
}foreach _parts;

This is not applicable to CUP LHD as we have our own build script as an init eventhandler

If you mean within the editor, no of course not, but it does produce a complete LHD in preview mode.

5z0KMxUl.jpg
British Armed Forces, almost ready to deploy (click to enlarge)

• Like 19

You sure there's no usermade addon or script that implements it back into A3? Just pass the classnames to that script and it'll do the rest.

None that reproduce near as well as the ACM did, the ACM did it perfectly (Minus the ability to choose what factions spawned), It was a legitimate never ending war that you never knew what was around the corner. 

Instead of ACM i recommend using ALiVE mod. Way more powerful IMO.