CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

All variants of Chedaki uniforms so far. There are more already than in Arma 2, because I had to remake the top parts of most of them (except for three). The result is that the top part's texture is separate and therefore easy to combine with different pants camo, hence a lot more variation.

Last four looks like they are in t-shirts, not in jackets like in Arma 2. And your woodland camo looks different with the BIS texture.

Awesome work on this collection fellas, been using it to great effect for Zeus stuff with my casual group. Quick question about the LHD, specifically the vehicle respawn example in your manual. I wrote this out in the description.ext (no copy paste), but it's throwing an error on the line with the aircraft class (end of line encountered after _pos = (this select 0) getVariable ). Have I done this correctly? 

class Extended_Killed_Eventhandlers
{
	class CUP_B_F35B_CAS_USMC
	{
		CUP_WaterVehicles_LHD_killed = "_pos = (_this select 0) getVariable
['CUP_WaterVehicles_LHD_respawnPosition', 'none'];
			If (_pos != 'none') then {
				[LHD1, typeOf (_this select 0), _pos] call
			CUP_fnc_spawnVehicleCargo;
			};"
	}
}

Apologies if this isn't the right place for this, y'all do fantastic work.

Last four looks like they are in t-shirts, not in jackets like in Arma 2. And your woodland camo looks different with the BIS texture.

That's funny because the model is the same as the others, minus the hood. Problem is that if you want to have the vanilla vests fit them without too much clipping, this is what you get.

I know the textures don't quite match, but matching them exactly is going to be too much work.

• Like 1

Hi CUP team,

I'm working on incorporating CUP into a game-mod I'm building and came across a snag.

Some of the weapon classes in CUP have ACE magazines in their "magazines" array, which is breaking scripts as I don't have ACE.

The "CUP_srifle_M14" for example has the following:

magazines[] = {
    "CUP_20Rnd_762x51_DMR",
    "CUP_20Rnd_TE1_Yellow_Tracer_762x51_DMR",
    "CUP_20Rnd_TE1_Red_Tracer_762x51_DMR",
    "CUP_20Rnd_TE1_Green_Tracer_762x51_DMR",
    "CUP_20Rnd_TE1_White_Tracer_762x51_DMR",
    "20Rnd_762x51_Mag",
    "ACE_20Rnd_762x51_M118LR_Mag",
    "ACE_20Rnd_762x51_M993_AP_Mag",
    "ACE_20Rnd_762x51_Mag_SD",
    "ACE_20Rnd_762x51_Mag_Tracer",
    "ACE_20Rnd_762x51_Mag_Tracer_Dim",
    "ACE_20Rnd_762x51_Mk316_Mod_0_Mag",
    "ACE_20Rnd_762x51_Mk319_Mod_0_Mag"
};

I downloaded your mod from SW and checked through PBO's but I can't see anything ACE related in there.  I can't make my mod compatible with ACE (too many conflicting processes).  Have I got a bad version or am I missing some other download, or are these not supposed to be there?

I noticed the scope property for these mags is 1, so I could filter for "real" mags, but then it breaks disposable launchers that also use "invisible" mags.

Thanks for any info.

BTW:  Here's a list of weapons with ACE mags if helpful for you.

10:24:42 "CUP_srifle_M14"
10:24:42 "CUP_srifle_M14_DMR"
10:24:42 "CUP_arifle_M16_Base"
10:24:42 "CUP_arifle_M16A4_Base"
10:24:42 "CUP_arifle_M4_Base"
10:24:42 "CUP_arifle_M4A1_BUIS_Base"
10:24:42 "CUP_arifle_M4A1_black"
10:24:42 "CUP_arifle_C7A2_Base"
10:24:42 "CUP_arifle_M4A1_BUIS_GL"
10:24:42 "CUP_arifle_M4A1_BUIS_camo_GL"
10:24:42 "CUP_arifle_M4A1_BUIS_desert_GL"
10:24:42 "CUP_arifle_C7A2_GL"
10:24:42 "CUP_arifle_C8A1_Base"
10:24:42 "CUP_arifle_M16A2"
10:24:42 "CUP_arifle_M16A2_GL"
10:24:42 "CUP_arifle_M16A4_GL"
10:24:42 "CUP_arifle_M4A3_desert"
10:24:42 "CUP_arifle_M4A1"
10:24:42 "CUP_srifle_M14_DMR_LeupoldMk4"
10:24:42 "CUP_srifle_M14_DMR_LeupoldMk4_snds"
10:24:42 "CUP_srifle_DMR"
10:24:42 "CUP_srifle_DMR_LeupoldMk4"
10:24:42 "CUP_srifle_DMR_LeupoldMk4_snds"
10:24:42 "CUP_arifle_M16A4_Aim_Laser"
10:24:42 "CUP_arifle_M16A4_ACOG_Laser"
10:24:42 "CUP_arifle_M16A4_GL_Laser"
10:24:42 "CUP_arifle_M16A4_GL_ACOG_Laser"
10:24:42 "CUP_arifle_M4A1_camo"
10:24:42 "CUP_arifle_M4A1_desert"
10:24:42 "CUP_arifle_M4A1_camo_Aim"
10:24:42 "CUP_arifle_M4A3_desert_Aim_Flashlight"
10:24:42 "CUP_arifle_M4A3_desert_GL_ACOG_Laser"
10:24:42 "CUP_arifle_M4A1_Aim"
10:24:42 "CUP_arifle_M4A1_camo_AIM_snds"
10:24:42 "CUP_arifle_M4A1_GL_Holo_Flashlight"
10:24:42 "CUP_arifle_M4A1_GL_ACOG_Flashlight"
10:24:42 "CUP_arifle_M4A1_camo_GL_Holo_Flashlight"
10:24:42 "CUP_arifle_M4A1_camo_GL_Holo_Flashlight_Snds"
10:24:42 "CUP_DMR"
10:24:42 "CUP_M16A2"
10:24:42 "CUP_M16A2GL"
10:24:42 "CUP_M16A4"
10:24:42 "CUP_m16a4_acg"
10:24:42 "CUP_M16A4_GL"
10:24:42 "CUP_M16A4_ACG_GL"
10:24:42 "CUP_M4A1"
10:24:42 "CUP_M4A1_camo"
10:24:42 "CUP_M4A1_Aim_camo"
10:24:42 "CUP_M4A3_CCO_EP1"
10:24:42 "CUP_M4A3_RCO_GL_EP1"
10:24:42 "CUP_M4A1_Aim"
10:24:42 "CUP_M4A1_AIM_SD_camo"
10:24:42 "CUP_M4A1_HWS_GL"
10:24:42 "CUP_M4A1_RCO_GL"
10:24:42 "CUP_M4A1_HWS_GL_camo"
10:24:42 "CUP_M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_Camo"

After the Eden update the LHD doesnt Work anymore it spawns underwater. Pls Confirm this :)

It works on my end.

If you convert a 2d mission that contain a LHD, the vehicle on it will get wreck but the problem disappear as soon as you play the mission.

Some of the weapon classes in CUP have ACE magazines in their "magazines" array, which is breaking scripts as I don't have ACE.

That is definitly an error and we will fix it. Those mags belong in the compatibility addon.

• Like 1

The Burnes Armories Mk10 Landing Craft-Utilities  Is fairly functional. Works with RHS, MayB its acquirable for amphibious assault assets .     :wacko: .

Huge fan of your work guys, you're doing great service for the Arma community.

Some of guys in my clan are having issues with the ACE interact system on a lot of CUP vehicles (One example they gave me was the AAVP7A1).

It seems they're unable to get the interaction/repair options when using the ACE interact menu - this makes them incompatible with ACE's new logistics features.

Is it just us, or are the vehicles not fully ACE compatible? Are there plans to fix this soon, or is it up to the ACE team?

G'day Chairborne,

The frigate looks to be coming along nicely. Will it have walkable decks and enterable cabins? Looking forward to its release.

• Like 1

Huge fan of your work guys, you're doing great service for the Arma community.

Some of guys in my clan are having issues with the ACE interact system on a lot of CUP vehicles (One example they gave me was the AAVP7A1).

It seems they're unable to get the interaction/repair options when using the ACE interact menu - this makes them incompatible with ACE's new logistics features.

Is it just us, or are the vehicles not fully ACE compatible? Are there plans to fix this soon, or is it up to the ACE team?

Make sure you are using the latest CBA version (2.3.0), it fixes some issues with eventhandlers. If it still happens, please file a report on our bug tracker.

• Like 1

The Burnes Armories Mk10 Landing Craft-Utilities  Is fairly functional. Works with RHS, MayB its acquirable for amphibious assault assets .     :wacko: .

There's no reason why it wouldn't work with CUP too, anyway no, it's not acquirable unfortunately (not for lack of trying :D ).

That looks Real Nice,   does it drive? 

Yes it does.

G'day Chairborne,

The frigate looks to be coming along nicely. Will it have walkable decks and enterable cabins? Looking forward to its release.

It has minimal interiors, physx doesn't like much when you walk on moving vehicles. The hangar of course has interiors and is walkable along with the flight deck, then there's a mess hall for cargo troops and the hangar but they are disjoint right now (and not normally accessible). Unless a miracle happens i don't think we'll be spending much time on those.

I can't join servers with CUP installed, something about invalid bis keys, any idea?

Uh nice. It will be drivable. But will u plan also a static version of it? Will be possible to park a heli in the hangar and take out? Without start it of course. Nice nice screens however :)

Probably the server has outdated keys.

Well it's not only one server, it's most of them. 

Well it's not only one server, it's most of them. 

The servers are probably not updated to A3 1.56 ;)

That is definitly an error and we will fix it. Those mags belong in the compatibility addon.

Thanks for looking into that Neo

I wasn't sure what was happening there so good to know.  I found a couple of other things that may be bugs so I'll register on your tracker and post them up  :)

• Like 2

Can we hope for a static version of that cruiser Chairborne? We can make quite the fleet with the Nimitz, LHD and the Cruiser. (Not necessarily realistic but it would still look cool for a cinematic I have in mind)

Can we hope for a static version of that cruiser Chairborne? We can make quite the fleet with the Nimitz, LHD and the Cruiser. (Not necessarily realistic but it would still look cool for a cinematic I have in mind)

I don't think there's going to be a static version, but you can use attachto if you want to keep it fixed in a position.

I don't think there's going to be a static version, but you can use attachto if you want to keep it fixed in a position.

Fair enough, that will work. I have just been testing the LHD in Eden Editor and have noticed even the empty versions spawn with defences (that randomly fall onto the deck) and there is no way to actually grab, move or even undo the ship.