CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

In other news, i'm taking a poll on twitter to decide which vehicle to do next:

https://twitter.com/ChairborneIT/status/695846967495299072

Seems like nobody gives a rat's ass about the poor L-39. :P

If I had a Twitter acc I would vote L-39 or BTR-40 since they are as far from modern-future mainstream SF-Multicum-DEVGRU-ALFA-Tier9000 stuff as one can go

• Like 2

Maybe the server is not running the mods or the keys aren't properly installed, or maybe it's your download that is corrupted. We've had several people with corrupt downloads from steam WS.

HaYa GURU home??   I have a error joining server..    CUP Terrain-Maps   afghan pbo,   bootcamp(ac..)pbo, bohemian pbo  are not signed by acceptable keys to join.

Seems strange to me lol...  theres just 1 key,1.0.1  and the bisigns (STEAM WorkShop download)  are present.  

:ph34r:     So,  I got the mod CupTerrains-maps  from ArmAholiC(instead of steam). Installed and Launched game, attempted join server(using CUP too)  and SAME  error.   Keys are not accepted by server for CUPTerrains-Maps   Bohemia,Afghan,BootCamp.

This Means The Rest of CUP is Fine and these 3 PBOS are Corrupted. ( I will remove these 3 and see if Maps still Work at Launch) :ph34r: . 

:ph34r:     So,  I got the mod CupTerrains-maps  from ArmAholiC(instead of steam). Installed and Launched game, attempted join server(using CUP too)  and SAME  error.   Keys are not accepted by server for CUPTerrains-Maps   Bohemia,Afghan,BootCamp.

This Means The Rest of CUP is Fine and these 3 PBOS are Corrupted. ( I will remove these 3 and see if Maps still Work at Launch) :ph34r: . 

Did you get CUPTerrains-core as well?

Yes Indeed.  AND   removing  pbos only made more room for the error box to list additional -maps that are not "properly signed as well.

1 thing I can do is join a different CUP-mod server.  (will look in a minute).  :ph34r:

I am all of a sudden getting this error: warning: preNLOD format in object cup\weapons\cup_weapons_staticweapons\tow.p3d

can anyone help me? 

I would vote if I had Twitter :P

Hasn't the AAF Buzzard got the exact same model as the L-39? If so, I'm surprised they're not easier to port. Couldn't you just slap the old Skins on them and change the loadout?

oh, i think i will change my vote, that sounds interesting

To elaborate on what Chairborne said:

The Arma 2 sources include an unarmed L-39 (no gun or pylons) model for ACR that got labeled its config as the L-39C (has two underwing pylons IRL, though that could theoretically be copy-pasted). Also, pre-release official screenshots gave the L-159 the same LAU-68 seven-rocket pod used on some Arma 2 US aircraft (i.e. both the A-10 and Harrier) which I haven't heard was in real-world use on the L-159.

Disclaimer: I've participated in CUP but none of the above should be taken in any way as a promise of what loadouts either jet would appear in CUP with.

I said it before, guys, please refrain from making this a wishlist thread. I know that it would be great to have X or Y, but "would be great" is insufficient.

Thank you.

I said it before, guys, please refrain from making this a wishlist thread. I know that it would be great to have X or Y, but "would be great" is insufficient.

Thank you.

I wasn't requesting anything, i was admiring the camos it came in 

No. It's made that way for gameplay reasons and if it's up to me it's going to stay that way.

I know it's faster (and it's still a mere 20km/h, there's trained people that run faster than that), but you can't expect players are willing to sit staring at a monitor doing nothing for 30 minutes while you do an amphibious landing. :)

I am all of a sudden getting this error: warning: preNLOD format in object cup\weapons\cup_weapons_staticweapons\tow.p3d

can anyone help me? 

I suppose you are talking about steam workshop. If so, redownload the weapons pack. We get a lot of preNLOD errors from steam userers and nothing we can do about it. Blame Steam ;)

Trust me, I did an amphib landing in Arma 2 in an AAV and I wanted to die. 

If you convince the rest of the guys to make sea speed realistic I'm leaving CUP.  B)

• Like 4

No. It's made that way for gameplay reasons and if it's up to me it's going to stay that way.

I know it's faster (and it's still a mere 20km/h, there's trained people that run faster than that), but you can't expect players are willing to sit staring at a monitor doing nothing for 30 minutes while you do an amphibious landing. :)

Agreed.  The real life scenarios are nice for "just" a river crossing or something similar, but you definitely need faster speed in-game for amphib stuff.  Really do.  This is one realistic setting that simply can't work in-game.

• Like 2

Heyho. Some of you may have notices, that our bugtracker looks different. We merged our public bugtracker and our internal collaboration platform today. This means you guys need to register again, but we can drastically increase our workflow and bugtracking capabilities. All old tickets from the old tracker are archieved and viewable by us, nothing is lost.

We may expose more of the awesome Phabricator function in the future ;)

• Like 3

We may expose more of the awesome Phabricator function in the future ;)

Is that an automatic addon making machine ;)

• Like 1

Somehow I'm reminded of that one anthropology paper whose writer noted that even milsimmers could be inconsistent about where to apply realism.  :P Although now you presumably get the gist of why the EFV was supposed to be such a big deal... and as I've 'joked' in multiple threads, how by dropping a few kph and about half the passenger capacity the PLA was able to get higher water speeds than what an EFV-less USMC ended up with.

Does the towing tractor  work I can't  move any of the planes or helicopter from the positions. Do I needed to add a towing script to allow it to work.

US squad leader mans a checkpoint outside Rasman, Takistan 

cEwEsL2.jpg

• Like 9