CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

I took a look at the changes required according to Olds some time ago and it seemed like a very time-consuming task, plus i suspect it would kind of break compatibility with regular vanilla.

I'm not aware of any vehicle that is compatible with RAM right now, are you saying the T-72 works with it? Because we changed some values regarding the armor with the last patch.

Thank you for the answer, chairborne :)

I was not able to distinguish whether the T72 is influenced by RAM or not.

Simply wondered, since CUP - at least that's my take on your work - offers -from a gameplay perspective - a magnificient alternative

to the A3 vanilla content & was released long after RAM, some one might have considered applying it.

In regards to compatibility with vanilla A3: I always viewed CUP content as largely unrelated to vanilla A3, hence didn't have any intentions

at any point to mix the two of them. In that light it occured to me, as if such a choice might have made sense.

I don't know any modification, besides RHS, that'd use RAM either :/

Nope. The above means though, any such vehicle would then be perhaps not vanilla compatible anymore, but RHS instead.

And yes; as far as I understood Old's remarks on the damage system - we're talking about basically recreating the base model of any vehicle

that should work as suggested. (Is that correct?) Such of course, indeed, miiight proove time consuming..  :blink: 

~

What are you talking about? What RHS Compat?

I think he thinks you'd provide a download that includes all the guns and vehicles that are not in RHS currently, like the Mi-6 for example 

Any way to make the Cobra, Huey and Osprey spawn already packed?

I don't think so, the packing is just an animation and I don't think there is a way to spawn them in a specific way.

The only thing you could do is spawn them someplace else, play the pack anim, and then move them to the place you want them to appear.

If it is the start of a mission, you might just keep the screen dark in the beginning and/or show some quote like in the campaign to distract players from the packing :)

Yeah, the animations work great.

Tried putting in a Wasp.  Not so great.  Glitchy.  If you put it in with stuff on the deck, the aircraft bound around and get all screwed up.  The LHD on Utes doesn't have working elevators? :(

Oh, make the mv22 handle like fuller's cv22.   ;)

You should use our framework for the LHD, instead of handplacing objects.

Also, we (i) don't really like people telling us how to "make" something. Have some respect. :)

• Like 1

Thank you for the answer, chairborne :)

I was not able to distinguish whether the T72 is influenced by RAM or not.

Simply wondered, since CUP - at least that's my take on your work - offers -from a gameplay perspective - a magnificient alternative

to the A3 vanilla content & was released long after RAM, some one might have considered applying it.

In regards to compatibility with vanilla A3: I always viewed CUP content as largely unrelated to vanilla A3, hence didn't have any intentions

at any point to mix the two of them. In that light it occured to me, as if such a choice might have made sense.

I don't know any modification, besides RHS, that'd use RAM either :/

Nope. The above means though, any such vehicle would then be perhaps not vanilla compatible anymore, but RHS instead.

And yes; as far as I understood Old's remarks on the damage system - we're talking about basically recreating the base model of any vehicle

that should work as suggested. (Is that correct?) Such of course, indeed, miiight proove time consuming..  :blink: 

~

We're not mixing the two (although AAF is going to get quite a number of CUP vehicles soon), however there might be other mods involved (say, ACE perhaps) that assume the armor values are regular vanilla, so when you mix them weird stuff happens.

We know that armor damage simulation in vanilla is far from optimal but making our own damage system, or adapting an existing one, might prove difficult when trying to keep compatibility with vanilla.

(although AAF is going to get quite a number of CUP vehicles soon)

does this mean CUP will bring remade Arma 3 factions using realistic modern gear ?

It means someone kindly donated some AAF textures for some of our vehicles. :)

Anyway AAF still has the most contemporary and believable asset lineup, with some imagination it can still pass as a European country's army.

I think he thinks you'd provide a download that includes all the guns and vehicles that are not in RHS currently, like the Mi-6 for example 

What are you talking about? What RHS Compat?

I have a RHS wholeMap mission that wont launch without terrains(former AiA TP)even if playing Altis(map).  So I see in CUP downloads  the CUP suite, then I see a RHS compat(CUP Team I think).  I  want to know if its necessary (compat) to use for CUPmaps.

I have a RHS wholeMap mission that wont launch without terrains(former AiA TP)even if playing Altis(map).  So I see in CUP downloads  the CUP suite, then I see a RHS compat(CUP Team I think).  I  want to know if its necessary (compat) to use for CUPmaps.

That only means that you have placed a mission object with dependency to CUP_TP in your mission. Remove this object from the mission and you're good to go.

Meanwhile, new toy:

[bMP-3]

OH GOD

Will it at least be balanced this time?

HaYa GURU home??   I have a error joining server..    CUP Terrain-Maps   afghan pbo,   bootcamp(ac..)pbo, bohemian pbo  are not signed by acceptable keys to join.

Seems strange to me lol...  theres just 1 key,1.0.1  and the bisigns (STEAM WorkShop download)  are present.  

That only means that you have placed a mission object with dependency to CUP_TP in your mission. Remove this object from the mission and you're good to go.

Great,  thx. ( I looked for the compat file I was texting about,  Its not there anymore..  ) 

wanna look at my latest question about KEYS on the server?

OH GOD

Will it at least be balanced this time?

How do you mean?

Great,  thx. ( I looked for the compat file I was texting about,  Its not there anymore..  ) 

wanna look at my latest question about KEYS on the server?

I don't know where you saw an RHS compat but there is no such thing.

HaYa GURU home??   I have a error joining server..    CUP Terrain-Maps   afghan pbo,   bootcamp(ac..)pbo, bohemian pbo  are not signed by acceptable keys to join.

Seems strange to me lol...  theres just 1 key,1.0.1  and the bisigns (STEAM WorkShop download)  are present.  

see 04;46  05                                     https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vr6tezays30u11j/AADiZg2dnI7l7RKQ0wmD3PlJa?dl=0

In other news, i'm taking a poll on twitter to decide which vehicle to do next:

https://twitter.com/ChairborneIT/status/695846967495299072

Seems like nobody gives a rat's ass about the poor L-39. :P

I would vote if I had Twitter :P

Hasn't the AAF Buzzard got the exact same model as the L-39? If so, I'm surprised they're not easier to port. Couldn't you just slap the old Skins on them and change the loadout?

The Buzzard is way too similar to the L39. 

They're actually two different things.

The L-39C is the older variant, the Buzzard is none other than the ACR DLC L-159 Alca, there are several details differing between the two. The cockpit for example is entirely different, also the weapon stations and gun pod are different.

They're actually two different things.

The L-39C is the older variant, the Buzzard is none other than the ACR DLC L-159 Alca, there are several details differing between the two. The cockpit for example is entirely different, also the weapon stations and gun pod are different.

oh, i think i will change my vote, that sounds interesting 

Maybe the server is not running the mods or the keys aren't properly installed, or maybe it's your download that is corrupted. We've had several people with corrupt downloads from steam WS.