CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

I'd, on the other hand, take the more worn-out look for leather boots.

And USMC don't run black leather boots (A2 had some Marines with them and CUP has too) so a slight coyote texture wouldn't hurt when you get to it )

Keep up the fantastic work! I'm also thinking of trying myself in modding but other RL stuff tends to pile up on me, so I respect people who actually find time for doing such cool stuff for free and for everyone's enjoyment!  B)

I'd, on the other hand, take the more worn-out look for leather boots.

And USMC don't run black leather boots (A2 had some Marines with them and CUP has too) so a slight coyote texture wouldn't hurt when you get to it )

Keep up the fantastic work! I'm also thinking of trying myself in modding but other RL stuff tends to pile up on me, so I respect people who actually find time for doing such cool stuff for free and for everyone's enjoyment!  B)

It's a single model that has them, which is the Officer, which also uses an old Arma 1 uniform model, all other uniforms have the right model/boots.

• Like 1

OMG everyone is wearing the same wool hats.  That looks so fake.  Your mod sucks.  :p

• Like 2

Odd request, but I was wondering if it wee possible for someone like me to reskin the CH-53 to make it a sub for Pave Low AFSOC ops. 

~S

Odd request, but I was wondering if it wee possible for someone like me to reskin the CH-53 to make it a sub for Pave Low AFSOC ops. 

~S

+1

Guys, how does the SOFLAM work? Is it supposed to be a designator? It is great for range-finding and thermals,but I don't seem to be able to lase targets with it.Is it meant to? Thanks.

EDIT-Sorry,disregard this-Soflam works perfectly.my fault :)

~S

The problem with the retexturing of the CH53E is that it's split across several proxies because it has a very high polycount (i don't even remember bothering to setup hiddenselections because of this).

However from next arma stable update (v1.56) proxy retexturing should be supported so we should be able to allow that.

Guys, please consider bringing back the old and ugly M249 to the Virtual Arsenal as an optional variant of Toadie's model. Don't get me wrong, I totally love Toadie's M249s (as a matter of fact I always wanted a high-quality M249 because all we had prior was a slightly polished Arma 1 model) but they simply have too many polygons compared to the soldiers carrying them and that at times breaks a... um... "graphical consistency", I guess. For me, it just looks like an alien object from a different, better world, reminding you of what we might have had if BI wouldn't have chosen the "futuristic" approach. :D

• Like 3

OMG everyone is wearing the same wool hats.  That looks so fake.  Your mod sucks.  :P

Be careful what you wish for! They might just turn pink!

Guys, please consider bringing back the old and ugly M249 to the Virtual Arsenal as an optional variant of Toadie's model. Don't get me wrong, I totally love Toadie's M249s (as a matter of fact I always wanted a high-quality M249 because all we had prior was a slightly polished Arma 1 model) but they simply have too many polygons compared to the soldiers carrying them and that at times breaks a... um... "graphical consistency", I guess. For me, it just looks like an alien object from a different, better world, reminding you of what we might have had if BI wouldn't have chosen the "futuristic" approach. :D

Er, wait, you are saying that the M249 looks too good on an old soldier model and therefore should be replaced by an uglier looking model? Wouldn't the more sensible request be to replace the soldier model?

• Like 1

Er, wait, you are saying that the M249 looks too good on an old soldier model and therefore should be replaced by an uglier looking model? Wouldn't the more sensible request be to replace the soldier model?

Sensible requests/suggestions? On these forums? Now who's being unrealistic? :D

• Like 4

Er, wait, you are saying that the M249 looks too good on an old soldier model and therefore should be replaced by an uglier looking model?

I'm not saying that it should be replaced with the uglier model, all I'm saying is that in my opinion it might be somewhat beneficial to have the old model available too, just in case. No need to replace anything, just consider throwing it back into the mod and making it accessible through the VA in case someone needing it. :)

Wouldn't the more sensible request be to replace the soldier model?

Well, I'm not a modder myself but from what I gathering, creating a new soldier model or even a significantly improving the current one requires way more time and effort than just putting back a single weapon that is (I think) already made. I thought that this would be a more sensible request than asking for bringing an entire CUP library to Arma 3 quality overnight but since you've mentioned it, yeah, I would totally love to see that. :D Frankly, I'm fine with the current quality. Yeah, it's not the best for sure but the amount of content opens so many gameplay and scenario possibilities that I don't really mind the outdated textures.

The problem with the retexturing of the CH53E is that it's split across several proxies because it has a very high polycount (i don't even remember bothering to setup hiddenselections because of this).

However from next arma stable update (v1.56) proxy retexturing should be supported so we should be able to allow that.

Aye!! Thank you! That's something I've never done but I'd take a crack at it. Has there also been any discussion about a USAF skin for it in a future release?

~S

Well, I'm not a modder myself but from what I gathering, creating a new soldier model or even a significantly improving the current one requires way more time and effort than just putting back a single weapon that is (I think) already made. I thought that this would be a more sensible request than asking for bringing an entire CUP library to Arma 3 quality overnight but since you've mentioned it, yeah, I would totally love to see that. :D Frankly, I'm fine with the current quality. Yeah, it's not the best for sure but the amount of content opens so many gameplay and scenario possibilities that I don't really mind the outdated textures.

While there is some poor quality stuff from Arma 2 (Those Germans!) as well as some good quality stuff (the Takistanis), I'd rather have it at all at the current quality level then not at all. Of course improvements should be made when they can. I really want to get into Arma modding and 3D modelling to help the CUP team, but I have no time, no skill and no idea where to begin.  :P

but I have no time, no skill and no idea where to begin.  :P

That's the 3 requirements you need to be a modder! 

• Like 4

Someone should link those upgrade tutorial videos you have on your Facebook page every time this question is asked. I watched them and as far as I am concerned you guys are real wizards for doing what you do. I'm very greatful for your hard work.

• Like 2

Love the work you guys have done! been lurking around on here for awhile and thought I'd personally thank you guys for the work you do! As much as I'd love to help you guys, I have no modding experience.

• Like 1

What stuff do you guys got for UN? and is there anyway I could make some skins for UN to go on other vehicles in cup?

What stuff do you guys got for UN? and is there anyway I could make some skins for UN to go on other vehicles in cup?

Open the game and check for yourself. :P We have what vanilla A2 had, plus the Mi-24D and BRDM-2

Aye!! Thank you! That's something I've never done but I'd take a crack at it. Has there also been any discussion about a USAF skin for it in a future release?

~S

Not really, no, as we don't support a USAF faction natively (the A10 is under US Army, the C130 is under USMC and that's about it).

If you want to make one though i'd be more than happy to add it.

Open the game and check for yourself. :P We have what vanilla A2 had, plus the Mi-24D and BRDM-2

We don't have the characters for UN yet do we? The blue helmeted cdf skins.

North meets South!

23613E184D8DB779766C97D8C2E7EBE62A8B17A4

They look fantastic!

What gear are the RACS using as a base?