CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Oh ok now that makes more sense.

We haven't dug in inventory yet, so there might be inconsistencies.

finally i will play at a3 life!!!!!   :D 

facebook_1452324835909.jpg

Latest addition to the VW Golf Sport Edition

7rWYXgh.png

Nooooooo, please don´t add that. I already see a guy driving across the battlefield with a damn Hello Kitty car :P

Seriously though, thank you guys for all the work you do to bring us all the ArmA 2 content.

Nooooooo, please don´t add that. I already see a guy driving across the battlefield with a damn Hello Kitty car :P

Seriously though, thank you guys for all the work you do to bring us all the ArmA 2 content.

Tactical Hello Kitty Car* 

I'd prefer to call that car a tank, because that hello kitty paint scheme is sure to draw some serious aggro

Tactical Hello Kitty Car* 

Needs an M2 mounted on the front.

• Like 2

I'd prefer to call that car a tank, because that hello kitty paint scheme is sure to draw some serious aggro

They should send remote controlled Hello Kitty cars to the middle east to lure RPG/TOW-setups into giving away their positions :D

I remember drifitng a hello kitty car (Smart, I think) with 3 guys as passenger... we just passed an enemy BMP2 and as he slowly turned a cannon around we drifted through the street corner and shell explosion took out a building just behind us, missing us just for few meters :)

• Like 1

Awesome setup! Too bad it's still an early prototype body

i miss the Honda XT 650

Everyone misses bikes in this game...

what happened to all the enterable buildings that were present in allinarma? (im probably mistaken, but weren't some of the people responsible for AIATP responsible for CUPTP?)

the buildings pictured below were enterable, had reasonably detailed interiors that weren't buggy, doors and windows that worked and broke properly (chunks of the doors would be destroyed when you shot at them enough). they also worked relatively flawlessly with AI. as far as functionality goes they were 100%

i didn't think CUP terrains would be such a downgrade when it comes to functional content, because these buildings being enterable greatly improved gameplay on sahrani, and tons of custom maps (from fallujah to panthera a3) that made use of these buildings

perhaps you have plans to implement buildings like those that were present in allinarma? i feel like switching to CUP TP was a downgrade, considering i never had issues with stability and etc when using AIATP. 

945781b5db.jpg

unless im really stupid and that stuff is in SMD sahrani 

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/175705-smd-sahrani-a3-bohemias-sahrani-terrain-as-ported-by-smd/page-15#entry2957167

so i guess for now i use AIATP

Do whatever suits you. CUP Terrain was never about stability, it was about maintaining and improveing. AiA_TP was abandoned and CUP took over. With one little disadvantage: CUP is not in complete possesion of the same source data like AiA_TP had. So a lot of stuff needs to be done from the scratch...

I think before update there was more animated doors.

I noticed this and posted it a week ago ... I also noticed fps drop near some buildings that wasn't there before, but I don't agree it being a down grade..

nothing is done, "cut in stone".

its wip and I think its coming along good..

thank you cup team..

yup just makes you want to fire a LAW at it...even though the driver is on your side.

Awesome setup! Too bad it's still an early prototype body

New models all in good time :)

hello,

at the moment, i'm not having any specific problems concerning mod-loading-sequenz, but i was wondering, if there is gernerally a wrong order in which you load your mods.

i think it would be good to know just to minimize the chance of problems in the future.

my loading order atm:

cba 3

cup weapons

cup units

cup vehicles

cup terrain core

cup terrain maps

cup ace 3 compatibility

ace3

this order made the most sense to me concerning dependencies and general type of mods (cba first, because it is basic framework, then cup, because its mainly adds things, then ace because it also seems to change many things)...

does this make sense, is there a better way, or does the order even matter at all?

hello,

at the moment, i'm not having any specific problems concerning mod-loading-sequenz, but i was wondering, if there is gernerally a wrong order in which you load your mods.

i think it would be good to know just to minimize the chance of problems in the future.

my loading order atm:

cba 3

cup weapons

cup units

cup vehicles

cup terrain core

cup terrain maps

cup ace 3 compatibility

ace3

this order made the most sense to me concerning dependencies and general type of mods (cba first, because it is basic framework, then cup, because its mainly adds things, then ace because it also seems to change many things)...

does this make sense, is there a better way, or does the order even matter at all?

I'd think your fine...for most mods the loading order doesn't matter. E.g. I'm pretty sure you could launch @ACE3 before @CBA and you'd have no errors. That's because every mod has a 'requiredAddons' parameter in their config patches class that ensures that any PBO (incl. vanilla ones) that it depends on is loaded before it loads the mod.

Some mods may have a sketchy requiredAddons parameter that may screw the loadorder a bit but luckily they're rare :)

Kind regards,

Sanchez

• Like 1

Another little dev blog. BAED2A2B39D1941D0C18B03D4ADC3DFA3CF65E2A

The current SLA base lineup in the court yard of the main barracks in Bagango. 

Something felt off about them, and I just realised what it was. They're missing their trusty flack jackets!

They still look great.

Something felt off about them, and I just realised what it was. They're missing their trusty flack jackets!

They still look great.

Back in Arma 1 they wore an interceptor vest like the US Army, RACS and Partisans. To me that's just not worth copying. I may end up using the CDF vest instead. We'll see :) 

• Like 1

Back in Arma 1 they wore an interceptor vest like the US Army, RACS and Partisans. To me that's just not worth copying. I may end up using the CDF vest instead. We'll see :)

A soviet style vest like the CDFs would work well :)

• Like 1

Who ya gonna call?

.eJwNx0EKwyAQAMC_eNd13dXE3PqSsJjSFKoGNRR

and IRL

F-35B_night.jpg

Awesome work guys, keep it up.Best arma3 project if u ask me ;)

what happened to all the enterable buildings that were present in allinarma? (im probably mistaken, but weren't some of the people responsible for AIATP responsible for CUPTP?)

the buildings pictured below were enterable, had reasonably detailed interiors that weren't buggy, doors and windows that worked and broke properly (chunks of the doors would be destroyed when you shot at them enough). they also worked relatively flawlessly with AI. as far as functionality goes they were 100%

i didn't think CUP terrains would be such a downgrade when it comes to functional content, because these buildings being enterable greatly improved gameplay on sahrani, and tons of custom maps (from fallujah to panthera a3) that made use of these buildings

perhaps you have plans to implement buildings like those that were present in allinarma? i feel like switching to CUP TP was a downgrade, considering i never had issues with stability and etc when using AIATP. 

unless im really stupid and that stuff is in SMD sahrani 

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/175705-smd-sahrani-a3-bohemias-sahrani-terrain-as-ported-by-smd/page-15#entry2957167

so i guess for now i use AIATP

We have those buildings but we haven't included them as replacement as we need to fix some things placement related (if I remember correct) before we can reintroduce them. But they will return!

• Like 2