CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

I know the unit classnames have to be in the CFG Patches to show up in Zeus editor.

This would be possible, but only if all CUP mods would be ripped apart. The reason is the internal dependency of the CUP mods, explained in first post.

I figured that is how it works. But if the modmaker would do the job of ripping them appart and putting them back together under one mod it would be possible? I´m asking as I belive many would only want to use only certain parts of CUP to complete their current mod repository without getting the whole modpack of several GB:s.

• Like 1

I figured that is how it works. But if the modmaker would do the job of ripping them appart and putting them back together under one mod it would be possible? I´m asking as I belive many would only want to use only certain parts of CUP to complete their current mod repository without getting the whole modpack of several GB:s.

Sure, why not? As long as APL-SA is applied, the community can do it. But some restrictions are given: CUP content is not to be used for servers that do monetization, also it is not allowed to publish "CUP-Lite" packs or similar.

• Like 1

also it is not allowed to publish "CUP-Lite" packs or similar.

How would you describe the difference between "'CUP Lite' packs or similar" and mods that derive from/"modularize out" aspects of CUP? (i.e. someone wanting to further customize an individual vehicle from CUP Vehicles, doing whatever they will for the crew/passengers, and including the relevant vehicle weapons from CUP Weapons.)

Not sure if i understood you right, but i'll describe the situation in more detail:

It is not allowed to repack playable content like Tanks with CUP namespace and republish it as "@CUP_Tanks".
Once the source data is released and smb decides to pick is favs, edit and repack it as @MY_AWSOME_MOD and also publishes it under same conditions/license the source data is released, that is fine.

Also it is possible for communities / groups to repack CUP PBOs together with other mods (as long as they have permission) for their custom mod pack and republish it under CUP conditions, as long as it is not published as "@CUP_something".
But if communities / groups do this, keep in mind you will have to update those PBOs manually after an update.

• Like 3

Not sure if i understood you right, but i'll describe the situation in more detail:

It is not allowed to repack playable content like Tanks with CUP namespace and republish it as "@CUP_Tanks".

Once the source data is released and smb decides to pick is favs, edit and repack it as @MY_AWSOME_MOD and also publishes it under same conditions/license the source data is released, that is fine.

Also it is possible for communities / groups to repack CUP PBOs together with other mods (as long as they have permission) for their custom mod pack and republish it under CUP conditions, as long as it is not published as "@CUP_something".

But if communities / groups do this, keep in mind you will have to update those PBOs manually after an update.

Thanks for a very thorough answer! :) This was what I suspected but wasn´t really sure. 

Before I begin a weeks worth of work in the lead up to Xmas. I'd like to leave these two pictures showing some of the variety to come when the BMP's are finished*. First up is the BMP1-P. Armed with a more powerful ATGM. Secondly a BMP2 armed with a ZSU-23. For taking out those pesky mountain rebels.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/645502556562851009/5647CB7AA7458755F715A4F570760060EF3A7EFA/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/645503094091691116/7DB6B4F43A6B0E9A8B905C2324FE2F166BA89AB6/

*I may not survive the xmas shoppers.

• Like 8

Yes, there are plans for that. But no date to realize that. Just be patient ;)

Take your time, I'm perfectly satisfied knowing something's in the pipe.

In reply to the wuestion on zeus, for me, the USMC and KSK show up fine in zeus, while the Takistani does not

In reply to the wuestion on zeus, for me, the USMC and KSK show up fine in zeus, while the Takistani does not

Make sure you have the latest hotfix installed, that should have taken care of that.

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

Hello!

A quick update on how we are doing with the LHD...

We have a couple of goals for LHD in its initial release:

1. Placeable ship that does not require mission makers to guess deck heights etc. No need to script the LHD creation or placement of vehicles!

2. Functional and working elevators, well dock, cranes with sounds etc. This will allow you to move vehicles between decks, launch air frames, boats and amphibs

3. Auto population of the LHD based on USMC loadouts (flight deck and lower decks filled with vehicles) that do not require mission makers to mess around with scripts. 19 flight deck positions, 46 internal cargo spots. Auto fold air frames.

4. Custom loadouts via config or a single function call in the init line.

5. Working air defense systems (CIWS, Sea Sparrow and RAM) manned by AI (final version will be possible for players to man)

6. Virtual vehicle loadout system (call "virtual" cargo from lower decks onto an internal elevator) such as the 70 wheeled vehicles it can stow.

7. Improved sounds, animations and user actions

8. Deployable RHIB and fully working winch for small boat ops

9. Functions to enable mission makers to customize/respawn etc

10. 4 LHD configs - Empty, Standard, Assault and Sea Control

This video has a quick look at how she is progressing! (Once again thanks to ATLAS mod for donating their LHD model).

Note: LCAC is not included in CUP and is used just for illustrative purposes!

• Like 19

<awesome LHD video>

Hi Tupolov, very impressive work guys!

I wanted to ask, since it looks like CUP will have one the biggest vehicle there is, are you guys having troubles with super large/long vehicles disappearing since 1.54?

I've just noticed that vehicles such as the fregate from OPTRE or the battleship from Lost Dragons vanish when you're not looking directly at them and standing near the extremities.

I'm under the impression that the engine hides vehicles wich are not considered to be in the player's FOV; the problem is that it doesn't account for the lenght of the vehicle, wich will cause problems with extremely long or large vehicles.

Either that or the FOV threshold is too narrow...

Just wanted to know if others were affected as well.

Keep up the great work CUP team!

Actually this isn't a big vehicle. Its simply lots of static buildings stuck together. Haven't come across this issue, even large drivable vehicles are made up of multiple models, so shouldn't be affected by this.

If they are driveable usually they are a single big model, and in this case yes, they are hidden by the game if you look away at a certain angle.

The LHD, however, shouldn't be affected by this, as it's a static object and it's split into several "component" models.

If they are driveable usually they are a single big model, and in this case yes, they are hidden by the game if you look away at a certain angle.

The LHD, however, shouldn't be affected by this, as it's a static object and it's split into several "component" models.

You can make drivable ships from multiple parts :) USS Iowa does this.

• Like 1

"New" PVS-7 night vision goggles:

Finally we can replace the a3 vanilla NVGs with something adequate.

Btw. Chairborne, one question I had for a long time:

You aren't going to texture the KSK as Flecktarn too, are you? (not only Tropentarn, like in original A2)

Well, that would be fantastic! :)

Tupulov, the LHD is awesome! :D