CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

It's the Atlas' edit of that, and we have already started throwing upgrades and functions at it.

What you see in that screenshot is the result of a script that populates the flight deck automatically and packs the vehicles if they have a "packed" animation.

Do you think you will get the defense turrets working?

Have you made sure that every vehicle can actually function on the deck? I just tried to take off with an AV-8 and it handled like it kept hitting bumps and eventually blew up after it took too much damage. Other vanilla planes do not do this.

Actually I was wrong, it does happen with Vanilla vehicles. What it doesn't happen with is the is the F/A-18 mod. Most likely because unlike vanilla vehicles it uses simulation airplane and not airplaneX. Just wanted to correct that.

Actually I was wrong, it does happen with Vanilla vehicles. What it doesn't happen with is the is the F/A-18 mod. Most likely because unlike vanilla vehicles it uses simulation airplane and not airplaneX. Just wanted to correct that.

Yes we know, however the ATLAS model seems to have made some changes that make airplane simulation also a mess.

We tried to understand why but had no luck so far.

It is the ATLAS LHD Plus version (with edits) and a massive thank you to j0nes and co for donating to CUP.

It has fully working elevators, interior storage areas, working well deck doors, internal elevator etc.

Also, yes the defense systems are fully working. The CIWS sounds great, need to tweak the engagement range of Sea Sparrow, RAM etc. but they are all functional.

We have moved this into CUP and added a few things:

1. Moved all scripting to precompiled functions

2. Edited and updated some of the models

3. Implemented a config/model based general vehicle cargo system allowing modders and mission makers to spin their own loadouts

4. Fixing up the runway for vanilla aircraft etc.

5. Updated well deck door

6. Improved boat deployment and crane

7. Improved sounds

Plans to open up the model a bit more with a few more interiors, flight deck bay storage for towing tractors, implement towing functionality, enable AI to land helo's, remodel some of the well deck and vehicle storage areas, provide cargo/mission start positions etc for mission makers and more.

The vehicle cargo system should make it much easier for mission makers to deploy functional LHD's very quickly without worrying about spawn heights, positions etc.

• Like 7

It is the ATLAS LHD Plus version (with edits) and a massive thank you to j0nes and co for donating to CUP.

It has fully working elevators, interior storage areas, working well deck doors, internal elevator etc.

Also, yes the defense systems are fully working. The CIWS sounds great, need to tweak the engagement range of Sea Sparrow, RAM etc. but they are all functional.

We have moved this into CUP and added a few things:

1. Moved all scripting to precompiled functions

2. Edited and updated some of the models

3. Implemented a config/model based general vehicle cargo system allowing modders and mission makers to spin their own loadouts

4. Fixing up the runway for vanilla aircraft etc.

5. Updated well deck door

6. Improved boat deployment and crane

7. Improved sounds

Plans to open up the model a bit more with a few more interiors, flight deck bay storage for towing tractors, implement towing functionality, enable AI to land helo's, remodel some of the well deck and vehicle storage areas, provide cargo/mission start positions etc for mission makers and more.

The vehicle cargo system should make it much easier for mission makers to deploy functional LHD's very quickly without worrying about spawn heights, positions etc.

You implement the towing functions from Leshes Towing mod? But impressive list of things that will really make this pop. 1 more suggestion with the hull number and the 9 and ship name i wonder if you could make those change and randomly choose a name and hull number.

Posted from my phone.

• Like 1

As an idea, and i know it would be more work. But how about different weapon configurations for the armed SUV, such as M240, or Grenade Launcher?

have you thought about adding in the animation to stow the weapon?

it's pretty easy to add, though hard to make it work only if the gunner is absent.

I added it in A2 version but made the gunner a separate compartment to try to lock it if the gun was stowed.

didn't work in MP though, so the gunner could fire the weapon while stowed lol

still it's a nice anim and feature

btw i'm not sure if you're using my aircraft i donated, but if you are and wish to fill up all those proxies, then this may be of interest.

I had offered before to do all your vehicle weapons configs, and i uploaded them to the svn you have.

However some of the weapon models are not open source, but this standalone pbo may be ideal if you dont want to port all the bis munitions and if you want a lot more variety on your aircraft etc.

• Like 1

have you thought about adding in the animation to stow the weapon?

it's pretty easy to add, though hard to make it work only if the gunner is absent.

I added it in A2 version but made the gunner a separate compartment to try to lock it if the gun was stowed.

didn't work in MP though, so the gunner could fire the weapon while stowed lol

still it's a nice anim and feature

It has already been assigned internally.

We just have to fix the scripts, the animations are all there already.

btw i'm not sure if you're using my aircraft i donated, but if you are and wish to fill up all those proxies, then this may be of interest.

I had offered before to do all your vehicle weapons configs, and i uploaded them to the svn you have.

However some of the weapon models are not open source, but this standalone pbo may be ideal if you dont want to port all the bis munitions and if you want a lot more variety on your aircraft etc.

I didn't know we had your ammo models and configs, but airplanes are definitely interesting.

The real constraint right now is manpower/time.

We still have to go over roughly 40 vehicles plus all units models, community made stuff gets added once every while to keep it interesting (and to keep us from going insane).

If you have discord you should come by sometime:

https://discord.gg/0WqE6NaD5yJ0Dq34

We do use your models, yes.

ok good to know

i've made a couple of changes since i uploaded em. engine glow and afterburner effects mainly

i can paste that into your new models if you want it - will talk on the chat thing

If you refer to the new hitpoints for soldiers no, they haven't been implemented yet.

We are not aware of other issues due to the update.

I have a problem with THE g36 in THE cup weapon pack. It wont allow me to add a peq. Tried reinstalling THE mod.

g36c with and without camo.

None of the G36 models in CUP have side rails, so you cannot attach any flash light or lasers on it.

I know this might sound a bit selfish, but I think it's easy to do and fills a place in CUP (plus I'm too lazy to set up the development environment):

Would it be possible to get a variant of the SOV Humvee with an M2? Adding it seems like it'd be easy to do, just replaced the model and some memory points, and a small config edit. Plus, it adds a much more balanced option for SOF teams.

• Like 1

Is the 'CUP ACE3 Compatibility Addon - v1.0' the same as the compatibility files found in the optional folder in ACE3,

or am I supposed to run all of them together?