CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

ACE dun goof, ACE must fix. https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/2814

Hotfix isn't out yet afaik, wait patiently ^^

I demand an apology!

(Not really jk)

Just to clarify some things here:

ACE does not (intentionally) screw with any base classes or deletes stuff for any shady reasons.

Problems like these are caused, because ACE mainly relies on modifying objects from the base game while content-mods like CUP add their own weapons, units and vehicles. ACE is set up to be loaded after all base game configs are, so our changes don't get overwritten with their original values.

If any content mod alters some inheritance trees and/or is not set up properly to be loaded after the base game configs (missing requiredAddons entries in CfgPatches), but inbetween some of them, ACE might overwrite inheritance to their original parent classes, which might cause some values to be lost. (as happened here with the commander turrets)

The real reason for this mess is the lack of "composition over inheritance" in Arma configs IMO. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composition_over_inheritance

• Like 1

A few Work-in-Progress screenshots of different texture variants of the new Takistani Local model.

(click for larger screenshots)

EqKbBOGm.jpgtDGyuk2m.jpg2vur17xm.jpg

roGjql4m.jpgW9bZOhAm.jpg3kqDHd2m.jpg

• Like 11

Something I just noticed. The AI gunners in the cobra and apache helo's won't use the main cannon to shoot at ground troops. The Venom and blackhawk gunners do shoot at ground troops but the guns are horribly inaccurate. Any chance of getting this fixed?

I also want to thank the whole CUP team for all the hard work you have done. The port overs are really good!

Something I just noticed. The AI gunners in the cobra and apache helo's won't use the main cannon to shoot at ground troops. The Venom and blackhawk gunners do shoot at ground troops but the guns are horribly inaccurate. Any chance of getting this fixed?

I also want to thank the whole CUP team for all the hard work you have done. The port overs are really good!

It's intended behavior, gatlings do have big dispersion.

If anything it's the vanilla behavior that is weird, everything has laser sharp accuracy, even rockets, which also makes them useless since no dispersion on a moving helicopter means you can't hit anything at all with a door gun.

It's intended behavior, gatlings do have big dispersion.

If anything it's the vanilla behavior that is weird, everything has laser sharp accuracy, even rockets, which also makes them useless since no dispersion on a moving helicopter means you can't hit anything at all with a door gun.

Yes. I understand dispersion and I agree that vanilla is too accurate. It may be that the AI are increasing the dispersion effect when they use the guns. I never really tried them myself, just observed the AI using the ALiVE Combat Support modules. At 100m they have trouble hitting a house. LOL

And about the Cobra and Apache AI gunners, they'll target enemy infantry but they never fire at them. Both when piloted by myself or by AI. I can make them command fire the gun same as the missles but it'd be nice if they'd fire on their own!

Yes. I understand dispersion and I agree that vanilla is too accurate. It may be that the AI are increasing the dispersion effect when they use the guns. I never really tried them myself, just observed the AI using the ALiVE Combat Support modules. At 100m they have trouble hitting a house. LOL

And about the Cobra and Apache AI gunners, they'll target enemy infantry but they never fire at them. Both when piloted by myself or by AI. I can make them command fire the gun same as the missles but it'd be nice if they'd fire on their own!

Well if you start piling up mods affecting AI behavior it's hard to tell what is causing the problem now, is it?

I don't know how ALIVE works but as far as my personal experience goes and reports from other players say helo door gunners work fine.

I just tested it with my community modpack (basically cup and ace3) and door guns work just fine, like vanilla door guns.

I also tested the apache and cobra guns and that happens to me too so i guess it's on our end.

Well if you start piling up mods affecting AI behavior it's hard to tell what is causing the problem now, is it?

I don't know how ALIVE works but as far as my personal experience goes and reports from other players say helo door gunners work fine.

I just tested it with my community modpack (basically cup and ace3) and door guns work just fine, like vanilla door guns.

That is true but from my perspective I used Massi's vehicle mod and his UH1Y venom didn't have near the dispersion that the CUP one has (howerver it did have some)! So I was just comparing my experience with both versions. But I don't know how he has his set up. Also I have my missions set to recruit or regular difficulty and I know the AI are less accurate so that may have something to do with it also. I don't know what you have yours set to for testing!

Don't get me wrong guys, I understand the dispersion aspect and agree with it. And like I said I was refering to the AI usage as I haven't tried it out yet. But I thought with the AI using it that the dispersion was excessive.

I also tested the apache and cobra guns and that happens to me too so i guess it's on our end.

I hope this is something that can be fixed!! I really missed using these choppers and laying waste to both vehicle and infantry alike! You guys have done a phenomenal job!!

Is there any chance of seeing a version of the RPG-7 that the AI will use against helicopters?

That just a static anim or you thinking of adding side sitting to the pickup, was always annoying you could only get three people in them when you were using 4 man fire teams.

That just a static anim or you thinking of adding side sitting to the pickup, was always annoying you could only get three people in them when you were using 4 man fire teams.

You can already get 5 people in these (2 FFV seats at the back of the main gunner)

• Like 1

It's a static anim

Please add FFV to the folding chairs!! Then I can sit on a porch and shoot at AI walking over my lawn.

No seriously, FFV on chairs would be a fun feature :)

• Like 4

@andersson

I think you've just hit upon the next Arma 3 DLC - Hill-billy Edition, fighting the tryanny of CSAT from your deck chair, one Budweiser at a time.

Excellent to see NAPA forces in Arma 3 though @Varanon - I don't think they got the attention they deserved in Arma 2!

Please add FFV to the folding chairs!! Then I can sit on a porch and shoot at AI walking over my lawn.

No seriously, FFV on chairs would be a fun feature :)

This is actually very cool lol.

• Like 1

This is actually very cool lol.

i believe Ace has a module that allows you to sit on chairs-not sure if you can shoot from them

Have you guys added the black PMC SUV's ? I couldnt see them and they were very cool in A2

I think you are confused about the name.

The Brits call their Apaches AH.1, instead of AH-64 like the Americans do, but they are the same thing (except minor changes in avionics and engine), and completely unrelated to the SuperCobra.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AgustaWestland_Apache

Exactly-it's just the British designation as the Apache was the first attack heli used by BAF-hence AH-1.Like the Cobra was for the USA-first attack heli-therefore AH-1

You could possibly the chair a vehicle with no movement speed. allowing you to add FFV, annnnnnd sling loading cause why the fuck not. 

You could possibly the chair a vehicle with no movement speed. allowing you to add FFV, annnnnnd sling loading cause why the fuck not. 

Okay is anyone else picturing themselves sitting in a chair swinging beneath a helicopter shooting at people with an LMG? Cos I certainly am..

Have you guys added the black PMC SUV's ? I couldnt see them and they were very cool in A2

Not yet. It wasn't in yet because only one variant (unarmed) existed. Hopefully in the next update.

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

• Like 2

Okay is anyone else picturing themselves sitting in a chair swinging beneath a helicopter shooting at people with an LMG? Cos I certainly am..

I wasn't, but I am now and I like it.

Is there a list somewhere of what is included in all of the CUP stuff?

I think I must be doing something wrong because I've a load of units missing, especially independant units. PMC for example are all dressed in the digital camo of the FIA. Can't seem to find any the "taliban looking" units either.

But all the british army and US stuff appears to be working ok

I have added all of the CUP modules and CBA. I've done this via A3launcher and via the steam workshop but the results are the same. I can join servers running the CUP modules no problem as well

Some infantry units still use placeholders while the proper models are being worked on.

For now we have German KSK, USMC, Takistan Army, and NAPA is almost ready.

• Like 4