CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Just stopped by to express my thanks to all those involved in this project.

:wub:

• Like 8

Hey Chairborne...

Testing vehicles...AVP7A1 works fine on land. Transition to water or spawn in water, wont move. RPMs and engine sound work, just no movement in any direction. LAV 25 works fine, transitions and spawns with full mobililty.

Again...where do I find the elusive M1030?  :D

B

• Like 1

BI said that AAV won't work until Tanoa expansion release, due to engine limitations.

:(

Hey Chairborne...

Testing vehicles...AVP7A1 works fine on land. Transition to water or spawn in water, wont move. RPMs and engine sound work, just no movement in any direction. LAV 25 works fine, transitions and spawns with full mobililty.

Again...where do I find the elusive M1030?  :D

B

No tracked vehicles can move in water. It's an engine issue none of us can fix. 

I think it was Sudden who figured out how to get tracked vehicles to work amphibiously, something like configing it as a wheeled vic? 

I'm looking forward to the russians. Next release maybe? Thanks a lot for your work!

Next release will most likely contain the Takistani Resistance/Takistani Insurgents.I'll have to see what I tackle afterwards, Russians, BAF and Chedaki/NAPA are pretty high up on my priorities list. I'd really like to get some Spetsnaz in.

• Like 6

Next release will most likely contain the Takistani Resistance/Takistani Insurgents.I'll have to see what I tackle afterwards, Russians, BAF and Chedaki/NAPA are pretty high up on my priorities list. I'd really like to get some Spetsnaz in.

Yes dude, we would like to see Resistance for us to use them in cti. Hopefully not on opfor side like most releases are...

Looking forward to the next update.

:wub:

• Like 2

Me and my m8s used CUP over and over the last few weeks - iis a must have mod imho. Small issue:

The AV-8B Harrier, when AI controlled, will land at airfields - but wont land on helipads - he just moves to the nearest runway. Shouldn't he be able to land on a helipad? Take a look at the F-35B by Chortles (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24168). You can tell the AI to land on runways AND on helipads.

• Like 1

Im guessing it's because of VTOL, the two airplanes have different systems for it.

I've been wondering about some things regarding CUP lately-- How much did you guys alter textures on some weapons? There's a huge quality contrast between, for example, the M16A2 and the G36.

And here's one more about vehicles: When're the IFVs and Strykers going to show up? I'm really happy about the presence of tanks, moto vehicles, APCs, and air vehicles, but leaving out the few vital vehicles makes a few factions look barren, especially those which don't have BTRs in their vehicle roster.

Im guessing it's because of VTOL, the two airplanes have different systems for it.

So its on purpose the Harrier cant land on helipads? Thought I found an error first finally ^^

And here's one more about vehicles: When're the IFVs and Strykers going to show up? I'm really happy about the presence of tanks, moto vehicles, APCs, and air vehicles, but leaving out the few vital vehicles makes a few factions look barren, especially those which don't have BTRs in their vehicle roster.

I would LOVE to see the Strykers next update :DDDD, (And the Scud, and the Tunguska, and...) btw. will we get desert textures for the LAVs and the M163A1?

Just wanted to say takistan's infantry arent showing up in zeus (Only vehicles and infantry groups, there are no vehicle groups either)

I've been wondering about some things regarding CUP lately-- How much did you guys alter textures on some weapons? There's a huge quality contrast between, for example, the M16A2 and the G36.

Afaik only a few guns have been re-textured....AKM has an AK47 version.....the CZ guns have been retextured too I think...and the SA-58s....other than that I don't know.

Although the M16A2 as well as the M4A1 from ArmA 2 were pretty much ports from the arma 1 ones it seems...Last time I checked we received some new source files to replace those, possibly ;)

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Just wanted to say takistan's infantry arent showing up in zeus (Only vehicles and infantry groups, there are no vehicle groups either)

Weird, do that should have been part of the recent hotfix. Are you up to date?

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

This may have already been mentioned..but I noticed that the AH-64 Apache models are actually labeled as AH1Z Cobras in the class/faction list.

Just FYI.

It appears as though the TM46 anti-tank mine doesnt have a sound when it explodes, and also allows infantry to trigger it.

Please if you experience issues with the mod post them in the feedback tracker, otherwise they will most likely get lost:

http://bugs.cup-arma3.org/my_view_page.php

This may have already been mentioned..but I noticed that the AH-64 Apache models are actually labeled as AH1Z Cobras in the class/faction list.

Just FYI.

You mean on the wiki or in game? In game they all appear to be fine to me.

It happened to me as well, however it only happens in multiplayer (tested on dedicated), in singleplayer everything works as intended and all units are displayed correctly.

We don't know why this happens, though.

So its on purpose the Harrier cant land on helipads? Thought I found an error first finally ^^

I would LOVE to see the Strykers next update :DDDD, (And the Scud, and the Tunguska, and...) btw. will we get desert textures for the LAVs and the M163A1?

To be honest i never knew planes could land on helipads at all until now lol.

Retextures for some stuff is something we want, no clue when we can deliver though.

Some textures and materials were either good or bad all along, more recent weapons look slightly better, older weapons (some models date all the way back to A1) have weird glossy reflections for some reason.

Basti did some changes but not to all of the weapons we have of course.

When they are done. :D BMP family and Strykers are one of the last huge packs we still have to make.

You mean on the wiki or in game? In game they all appear to be fine to me.

In game.  I was building a mission Takistan last night and I used the CUP UK Apaches.  They were actually listed as AH1Zs in both the editor and when I walked up to them in game instead of AH64s.

To be honest i never knew planes could land on helipads at all until now lol.

Retextures for some stuff is something we want, no clue when we can deliver though.

Well, the Harrier is capable of vertical/short takeoff and landing (V/STOL) - so why shouldn't it be possible to land on a helipad with it :D?

What I wanted to say is that in the current state the cup harrier, ai controlled, needs a runway to land - when it should be possible to let the ai land like a helicopter on a (invisible) helipad ^^

Well, the Harrier is capable of vertical/short takeoff and landing (V/STOL) - so why shouldn't it be possible to land on a helipad with it :D?

What I wanted to say is that in the current state the cup harrier, ai controlled, needs a runway to land - when it should be possible to let the ai land like a helicopter on a (invisible) helipad ^^

I think what Chairborne means that he never knew AIs could land planes on helipads, and afaik that isn't possible is it? Do the AIs in arma 2 use VTOL landings with the harrier? I don't recall them doing so.

I think what Chairborne means that he never knew AIs could land planes on helipads, and afaik that isn't possible is it? Do the AIs in arma 2 use VTOL landings with the harrier? I don't recall them doing so.

Thats why I mentioned that F-35B standalone Arma III mod (link in op above). You can tell the AI to land on a runway (see scripts for letting ai land at airfields, land at 5 f.e.) or you can tell the ai to land like a helicopter on a (invisible) helipad. Both options do work. The cup Osprey is capable of doing both ways btw ;)