CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Hey guys....great release!

I'm having an issue with the M1A1 Abrams tanks were the engine sounds will play for a short while then go silent. I can still hear the track sounds however! I looked through your issue tracker and didn't see it there so I thought I'd mention it.

Is anyone else seeing (or hearing) this issue?

• Like 1

Hey guys....great release!

I'm having an issue with the M1A1 Abrams tanks were the engine sounds will play for a short while then go silent. I can still hear the track sounds however! I looked through your issue tracker and didn't see it there so I thought I'd mention it.

Is anyone else seeing (or hearing) this issue?

Known issue, check the bug tracker: http://bugs.cup-arma3.org/for a list of known issues :)

Geez, you're either on drugs or on Caps Lock.

The question was whether you use ACE. Apparently, ACE deletes some of the defaults in the CfgVehicle classes which is why the CUP vehicles suddenly throw errors.  For starters, try to reverse the order of your addons and see if that fixes it.

Hi Cup Team,

I found a discussion about the problem I was talking some day ago,

If it can help...take a look

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/2814

We are partecipating in that discussion too, and the problems pointed out are in the process of being fixed.

Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

We are partecipating in that discussion too, and the problems pointed out are in the process of being fixed.

Thanks for the heads up.

Very good news...

Can you make soldiers hold the MG36 correctly? Holding it by the mag looks really weird, especially in First Person   

I'm just going to pull this from my post on steam community...

Can someone for the love of god inform me of a practical way of finding class names while actually being able to tell what the thing is? I can pull the class names from the editor but I don't know what everything is, and I can view everything in Virtual Arsenal but I don't know what the class names are for what I'm looking at... I'm currently trying to find certain backpacks, but I'm not sure what is what. Do I need to start sacrificing goats?

Or do people just spend hours throwing individual items in boxes? I would think there would be a much better way to go about this... but I guess it is Arma... *mumbles* why can't they just show the classnames in VA *mumbles*

The export button in the virtual arsenal can be very useful.

Additionally when using the config viewer from the editor, click on a weapon, all the text appears on the right hand panel. Find the entry called "Display name" (it's sorted alphabetically) and that will tell you the display name.

• Like 1

Do you have an easy list of Vehicle Class names or config examples? As i want to use CUP as a dependency for my Nogoavan Armed Forces. As i have loads of textures for re-texturing Arma2 vehicles for use with hidden selections.

I've had a look on the wiki, and understand its WIP, so it will be missing things.

To build on the previous poster, is there any chance at a M4A1 with foregrip (or the option to mount it) and without the handguards (or again option to mount or dismount it)? :)
Love the way this is all shaping up in any case ;)

To build on the previous poster, is there any chance at a M4A1 with foregrip (or the option to mount it) and without the handguards (or again option to mount or dismount it)? :)

Love the way this is all shaping up in any case ;)

Shouldn't be hard. You should maybe open a ticket on the feedback tracker before this post is forgotten and lost into the oblivion.

Any chance you guys can include a variant of the M4A1 with a carryhandle and side rail mount?

See above.

Also what do you mean with side rail mount?

Do you have an easy list of Vehicle Class names or config examples? As i want to use CUP as a dependency for my Nogoavan Armed Forces. As i have loads of textures for re-texturing Arma2 vehicles for use with hidden selections.

I've had a look on the wiki, and understand its WIP, so it will be missing things.

This is the template i use to make specific faction vehicles:

class CUP_I_Mi24_D_ION: CUP_Mi24_D_Base

{

scope = 2;

side = 2;

accuracy = 1000;

author = "Community Upgrade Project";

crew = "I_Helipilot_F";

typicalCargo[] = {"I_Helipilot_F","I_Helipilot_F","I_Helipilot_F","I_Helipilot_F","I_Helipilot_F"};

faction = "CUP_I_PMC_ION";

hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\cup\airvehicles\cup_airvehicles_mi24\data\textures\ion_001_co.paa","\cup\airvehicles\cup_airvehicles_mi24\data\textures\ion_002_co.paa"};

};

Rule of thumb on classnames for public vehicles (most of you see in the editor menu, with the exception of a handful of unique vehicles like the btr60) is:

CUP_*side*_*vehicle*_*variant*_*faction*

CUP is the tag of course, so we know it's cup stuff,

Side can be B (blufor), I (independent), O (opfor), C (civilians),

Vehicle is the vehicle name (take this with a grain of salt)

Variant can be one or more tags depending on the vehicle, for example the M1151 (the humvee with armor package from operation arrowhead) is CUP_B_HMMWV_M2_GPK_USA,

Faction is of course the faction.

Man we really need to update the wiki. :(

• Like 1

Artillery computer works fine here.

Are you sure you have all the mods up to date?

Artillery computer works fine here.

Are you sure you have all the mods up to date?

Yes i made mistake forgot to update weapons pack ! thanks anyway !!!!

A slot for PEQ boxes and flashlights. There's currently an M4A1 with a carryhandle and no rail mount, and an M1A1 with no carryhandle and a rail mount.

There is not however, one with both.

I'm personally preferential to a carrying handle attachment for the optic slot (this one's been done in Arma 3 before) unless you specifically want a fixed carrying handle (with optics mounted on a rail adopter atop said handle) model represented...? Either way, as long as CUP Weapons has the carrying handle style you want already then "A slot for PEQ boxes and flashlights" should be as simple as a config edit, unless someone else explains why that wouldn't be...

Are they not holding it by the mag well in your local copy of the mod?

the contact is fine, it just looks weird from First person, its like the gun is your hand 

Could you do a Landrover with a Tow launcher?  :)

Ladies and gentlemen

we have a little Update ready. This update is prior to fix ACE3 issues and also includes some minor fixing here and there.

CUP_Weapons v1.3.1

cup_weap_small.png

Requirement: CBA_A3

CUP_Units v1.1.1

cup_units_small.png

Requirement: CBA_A3CUP_Weapons

and finally the first public release of

CUP_Vehicles v1.0.1

Ok9BC2G.png

Requirement: CBA_A3CUP_WeaponsCUP_Units

Also we introduce the

CUP ACE3 Compatibility Addon v1.0

This addon is required for weapons to work with ACE3.

kSC1LdL.png

Please keep in mind that this packs are still very much WIP and many more content will be added as we finish it.

For more information about this packs, the Community Upgrade Project, or for contacting us, refer to our

web page at http://cup-arma3.org/

Reporting Bugs:

If you encounter any issues, please report your findings at our bug tracking system at

Get in contact:

To get in contact with the Community Upgrade Project use our forum on

or IMs like Discord or Skype

Discord:

skype:?chat&blob=lqElXE5mTAiHVR5fYerorY2mtiXkWaVcDXQCQ3wAEp8s15SlsPmtjzhVsIbAWEVuvUmPqdarGIdEEzA

Changelog:

Can be found inside mod folder.

• Like 3

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey The CUP Team , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.