CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Then they are not installed correctly, that shouldn't happen if everything is downloaded and installed right. Try closing and opening the arma 3 launcher once, that should re-initialize all the mods and install the ones that aren't.

Stream must keep a cache somewhere, because even when I told Steam to delete the mod and I resubscribed it would instantly install with the same errors. I had to delete the folder, then unsubscribe, then subscribe to get it to do a fresh dl.

Hopefully this time without the errors.

Pls read Q&A first post.

For what reason is it not modular? It seems it would very well help out with developing the mod as it would just facilitate keeping a logical data structure, for example having vehicle weapons as part of the vehicles instead of weapons. I don't see when you would ever use vehicle weapons without vehicles, so it doesn't make much sense to me.

For what reason is it not modular?

Q:
I want to use the ...... Vehicles only, but when i extract them, i get errors.
A:
Not as easy as it seems. Weapons, Units and Vehicles are "sort of" modular. This means you can use either weapons, weapons and units or weapons, units and vehicles.
> The reason is they all share content. < It is possible to extract single PBOs from vehicles, as long as they don't have weapons or other dependencies. If they do, you need to dig deeper and know what you are doing.

Yes, but my question is this one:

IF CUP had the same classnames as ArmA 2 assets, woulsn't it suffice to copy the ArmA 2 missions PBO in the ArmA 3 mission folder to play them?

Just wondering - maybe the answer is "no", I really dunno.

No, the class names changed, since we wanted to keep them in a common namespace ("CUP_") as well as bring them to Arma 3 standards (So, for example, "CUP_B_M1A1_US" or similar).

I've started a conversion chart with old and new file names. I might even write a script to convert old missions to CUP class names, but that's low priority right now

• Like 1

For what reason is it not modular? It seems it would very well help out with developing the mod as it would just facilitate keeping a logical data structure, for example having vehicle weapons as part of the vehicles instead of weapons. I don't see when you would ever use vehicle weapons without vehicles, so it doesn't make much sense to me.

What is logical about having an M240 as an infantry weapon and another one as a vehicle weapon? They all use the same ammunition. Vehicle weapons are part of the weapons package because there is a huge overlap.

IF we were to separate vehicles from, say, uinits, we would need all configs twice - once with crew, once without. Considering how much work this already is, it is simply not going to happen. If someone wants to do this as an external addon, it's possible, but please accept the fact that it isn't going to be us.

I am sorry if this sounds overly aggressive (it isn't intended to be), but you have two options: Use it as is, or not. I realize that some people would prefer a single addon, but maintaining that will a) be too much work and b) will up the number of addons for those that want everything since you cannot have "conditional" config entries.

The original intention was to have one addon - CUP. We split it up into weapons, units and vehicles because this hierarchy of requirements was was to maintain. Anything beyond that orthogonality is out of scope, and when you look at it, the final vehicle pack will weight in at around five or six gigabytes - one gig extra will not make a lot of difference.

I'd be grateful if people could accept this. We get the same discussion every few pages.

• Like 8

if (!isNil {_q getVariable "has_been_answered_already"}) then {goto _OP};

:)

• Like 7

Great addon, i've forgot how much content ArmA2 had comparing to ArmA3

• Like 3

Haha... You think this is much? Keep in mind we roughly have 40% ported by now, so alot more to come :D

• Like 2

Finally gave the new version a try yesterday and I'm gotta say that you did a great job (I'm sure you're already aware of it but it didn't hurt to say again)! Probably for the first time in Arma 3 everything from sounds to units felt "completed". Can't wait for the rest of content to be upgraded and released, I'm sure it will be the second birth of Arma 3 (this time for real :D).

Oh, and I totally loved "polishing" on some weapons, it gave them a metallic look and partially hid Arma 1-level textures so the weapon looked actually nice.

• Like 1

Ok, apparently ppl don't like to read anymore and i'm kinda tired of answering the same questions over and over again, i decided to do a quick improvised Q&A video about CUP.

https://youtu.be/OSSX30Jkqr8

And the screenshot from the end of the video. All currently avaliable vehicles from all factions.

eKs8wgw.png

• Like 5

I would like to ask permission to include this pack and all of the dependent packs in my combined pack for my server. I really like this pack and am creating a combined pack for my server and would like to include this one.

Are the vehicles hidden for Zeus or am i doing something wrong? The Vehicles are not listed there :huh:

You, sir, are doing something wrong.

Damn ^^ then i need to check my other installed mods, maybe some incompatibility there. Are some incompatibilitys known?

Finally was able to give this a mod a go. Holy hell. Nice job CUP vehicles team. You really out did yourselves here. Looking forward to the hotfix but definitely this has now entered my groups must have mod list. Extremely well done.

Are the vehicles hidden for Zeus or am i doing something wrong? The Vehicles are not listed there :huh:

When placing the Zeus module you have to enable all addons (both vanilla and custom), should be the first drop down menu.

When placing the Zeus module you have to enable all addons (both vanilla and custom), should be the first drop down menu.

I always do this, last time it didnt work playing a mission (WholeLottaAltis)

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/rhs_a3spruttank_base/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics.soundElevation'.

This is the error that brakes the commander of every tank of the game appearing when using @Cup_vehicles

Is this one of the bug that in the next update will be fix?

thanks

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/rhs_a3spruttank_base/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics.soundElevation'.

This is the error that brakes the commander of every tank of the game appearing when using @Cup_vehicles

Is this one of the bug that in the next update will be fix?

thanks

Are you using ACE?

Are you using ACE?

OF COURSE...AND RHS PLUS OTHER MODS...BUT THE PROBLEM APPEAR WITH CUP VEHICLES ACTIVATE...I' M SHURE