CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Thanks for the release guys, just wish that special British tracked thing would show itself soon...

yes, sir

they all share same sources

That's really a shame. I would like to implement the vehicles, but not the units.

i'm sorry for you, but that's not gonna happen

I don't mean to annoy anyone if this has already been suggested and answered to already, but that could be feasable :

How about having only the Empty vehicles with CUP vehicles, and another PBO file to "merge" CUP vehicles & CUP units (having both as requirements) in order to add manned versions of each vehicle?

It is just an idea thrown without much thinking and, again, if it's too much trouble or work, forget what I said. :)

Vehicle weapons and other stuff is still dependent on weapons so that would still be required after all.

Vehicle weapons and other stuff is still dependent on weapons so that would still be required after all.

That would be fine by me. ;)

YEAH!!!!!!!!!! congratulation for all team BIG DAY BIG RELEASE!

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

I wasn't suggesting we should :D , but rather that the packs are still connected with each other for some reason or another.

Dividing them is not worth our time.

Anyway i would like to remind you we have a public feedback tracker if you find issues:

http://bugs.cup-arma3.org/my_view_page.php

• Like 1

It's not going to happen.

As it is, this is already a big chunk of work, and we're not even halfway done. Maintaining another set of addons just to remove the units dependency is too much work and too much maintenance.

The weapons will always be a dependency anyway because of the vehicle weapons overlap. The units are (at least up to now) the smallest archive, and I don't see any reason to remove them.

CUP is a package. you can either use the weapons alone, weapons and units, or weapons, units and vehicles. Anything beyond that, is just too much effort

• Like 2

Sadly i suffer the same problem. Even tho i'm the one uploaded it i have absolutely no idea why this happens. I need to investgate this....

Might be at their end. If I try to select a version of the mod through the "Change Version" menu in PWS, nothing shows up at all in the drop-down window.

Usually it gives you the option to select "Latest (any)" or "Latest (prefer stable)" even if the current versions is the first release version. So the fact it shows nothing at all is a bit odd.

Seems things got fixed now and PWS is capable of updating from V.0 to V.1.0 (weapon and unit pack updates are available now too)

I also had the broken link on PW6. All I did was follow the link on there to the CUP website and downloaded it form them directly. Took just a few seconds. 

Awesome work! :D Really smart to make several load out versions of the aerial units. Atleast as long as Arma 3 don´t support Arsenal for vehicles.

I also had the broken link on PW6. All I did was follow the link on there to the CUP website and downloaded it form them directly. Took just a few seconds. 

Had the same issue and did the same. For some reason PWS wont update the version from 0 to 1.0 and still claims i´m using the old one. Oh well, probably just have to wait for a few days for everyone to get on the same page. :)

Awesome work! :D Really smart to make several load out versions of the aerial units. Atleast as long as Arma 3 don´t support Arsenal for vehicles.

The good part is, you can create your own loadouts as well, since the air weapons are interchangable between planes and choppers. So in essence, you COULD make an Apache with GBUs, even though it wouldn't make sense

• Like 2

Big thank you too all CUP members for huge amount of work they done in their spare time, not to mention that there is still a lot more to come, is pretty overwhelming if you think of it.

As for CUP supporters, thank you for the support and don't forget to provide feedback and keep suggestions coming, also if you want to can get involved in this project please do so:

http://cup-arma3.org/contact/

Other ways to support this project:

- subscribe to CUP Youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/arma3cup

- become a member of CUP forums

http://forums.cup-arma3.org/

- Subscribe, favorite, rate and comment to CUP Steam workshop page

CUP Weapons

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=497660133

CUP Units

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=497661914

CUP Vehicles

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=541888371

• Like 1

Wow, these are fantastic news, CUP team! Thanks a lot for the new stuff! May this great release motivate you even more - your work is much appreciated!

Why do you have the vehicle weapons in the weapons pack?

Making a weapons pack a requirement for the vehicle pack seems kind of bad.

I really appreciate all the effort you put into these mods, but I don't want to use the Weapon mod, Just the vehicle mod.

Not that the weapon mod is bad, I just don't enjoy using the weapons from the CUP weapons pack.

Not everyone lives in a first world country with a fiber connection. Would it ever be possible to have a standalone vehicles pack?

This has already been answered I'm afraid. Check post #685

It's not going to happen.

As it is, this is already a big chunk of work, and we're not even halfway done. Maintaining another set of addons just to remove the units dependency is too much work and too much maintenance.

The weapons will always be a dependency anyway because of the vehicle weapons overlap. The units are (at least up to now) the smallest archive, and I don't see any reason to remove them.

CUP is a package. you can either use the weapons alone, weapons and units, or weapons, units and vehicles. Anything beyond that, is just too much effort

IT IS A PACKAGE DEAL

I am so glad to hear this... the effort, troubleshooting of new bugs/issues, and inevitable separation of items would make downloads and future updates a COMPLETE CHARLIE FOXTROT.

Making the CUP_ items one package is brilliant.  The "parts" need to be viewed as an easier way to download, nothing more.  Otherwise people would be downloading a blu-ray's worth of content for any updates.  Let's move along.  I'll guess every damn noobie will ask that same question :p

SO... changing the topic.  I want to get my stuff ported into A3 and I was waiting for the v1 of the CUP to do this.  It would seem that day has arrived.  Do you guys have a list of the root configs, or should I just d/l and open up the config.cpp files to understand what classes to use as Parents for my stuff to use for inheritance???

• Like 2

SO... changing the topic.  I want to get my stuff ported into A3 and I was waiting for the v1 of the CUP to do this.  It would seem that day has arrived.  Do you guys have a list of the root configs, or should I just d/l and open up the config.cpp files to understand what classes to use as Parents for my stuff to use for inheritance???

I suggest to join our chat:

Discord:

skype:?chat&blob=lqElXE5mTAiHVR5fYerorY2mtiXkWaVcDXQCQ3wAEp8s15SlsPmtjzhVsIbAWEVuvUmPqdarGIdEEzA

That's the easiest way to get those questions sorted out

Thanks for new releases. One completely insignificant note though, in CUP Vehicles 1.0.0 mod.cpp, tooltipOwned = "Community Upgrade Project Vehicle 1.2.1"; should state 1.0.

You're the best, guys!

Thanks for the endless dedication and enthusiasm! This is why people love this community!

Endless hours of fun ahead of us :)