CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Fixed, thx for the info.

Here a little brainfart / proof of concept, not sure if it's going to make it to the release. What do you think?

Hilux ZU23 Mount

3HUaEE2.png

Yes please! You see these kind of Zu23 technicals in the news all the time.

• Like 4

Agreed with Tavish, that thing looks badass!

That Hilux needs to be in-game..it deserves it ^^

Yes! What is possible also,is adding C-ram the same way:CIWS is a great base defence asset.Put it on a Hemmit non-covered truck .All it needs is better Fx- and explosive ammo.

A way to link Sam-sites together will also come in handy.Some wat to sling-load CIWS will be useful.

The LHD source (water2 in the A2 sources) includes a low-poly Phalanx, you'll want to check with a community modder if you want a high-poly one or hope that they donate one to CUP. As for slingloading a CIWS... that comes down simply to correct configuring of the model (memory points), the weight capacity of the helicopter, and whether you're looking to lift a CIWS by itself or an attached vehicle as well.

Speaking of trucks with AA;They need some way to use a menu/button- to choose wich ones to order to Hold Fire .I want to decide who does the shooting .And a way to tapp into what the AA-guys can see,a camera to show gunner .Maybe a slot for a tablet for remote-control of cars with big guns/CIWS or mortars?

This is tricky to reply to, are you seeking driver control of the gun, making for a RWS-armed technical?

Personally liking the jeep with zu23's, although I can imagine it ending up a bit like this guy ^^.

There's a lot of "creative" stuff out there so I'd say anything is fair game. I mean... how far do they want to take this? :P

In any case, really excited at all the teaser shots, really looking forward to them :D.

To be fair, an alternate design during the 2000s Iraq insurgency and apparently returning in IS use was to install the rockets in the bed of a dump truck that could elevate the front end of the bed enough for the rockets to clear the cab... and one design in Libya or Syria just used a jury-rigged rocket pod similarly pointed over the cab.

Put a atgm on one.

Check dev branch, unless you mean a pintle mount.

Here a little brainfart / proof of concept, not sure if it's going to make it to the release. What do you think?

Since you guys are experimenting with kitbashing the existing vehicles, have you considered making RHIB-style boats; basically light speedboats in the same displacement category armed with a KORD or DShK HMG (perhaps with a Takistani or Russian paintjob as well) similar to what hcpookie did for his Ships pack for OPFOR?

The thing about Takistan and boats... It doesn't fit. Russian on the other hand might be a thing to consider.

Well, Takistan as map has no water (expect smal oasis norht), but nobody say that you can use Takistan Army only on Takistan terrain. Sahrani is also good place where Takistan army fit well imo, and there is much more water :D

The thing about Takistan and boats... It doesn't fit. Russian on the other hand might be a thing to consider.

Besides what przemro said, which I totally agree with - You could also justify a Takistani Navy based on this fake-geographical picture of Takistan & Chernarus :P

greensearegion_4.jpg

I don't know who made it, I doubt its Bohemia, but it looks plausible enough that I've seen multiple ArmA 2 missions & mods use it (Like the Ardistan invasion of Takistan mod).

But yeah..that is, if you need an extra excuse xD

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Well either faction is fine to be honest. OPFOR naval content has just always felt left out as they're always stuck with the poor old PBX.  :P

Besides what przemro said, which I totally agree with - You could also justify a Takistani Navy based on this fake-geographical picture of Takistan & Chernarus :P

greensearegion_4.jpg

I don't know who made it, I doubt its Bohemia, but it looks plausible enough that I've seen multiple ArmA 2 missions & mods use it (Like the Ardistan invasion of Takistan mod).

Bohemia made it, it's part of the Armaverse.

Bohemia made it, it's part of the Armaverse.

Ah..it looked so good and plausible, no wonder Bohemia made it :P

So yeah, even bigger of a reason to give Takistan a small navy...albeit just some boats :P

• Like 1

Fixed, thx for the info.

Hilux ZU23 Mount

I think the setup with the super high base plate looks a bit off. i guess you made it, to allow for 360° of freedom.

if the game-engine allows it, i would prefer a version in which the gun sits deeper in the car, but cannot fire directly to the front of the vehicle. if you googlesearch for "zu23 technical" you'll find many pictures of these setups...

Yeah - that tiny bit of "asimetrical" stuff would be epic.

Want some 360 action: have a Dishka truck and enjoy being exposed - want some lower profile and higher firepower: have some dual 23mm with limited angle and possibility of rolling over with some nice "ISIS fireworks"  :)

Yeah - that tiny bit of "asimetrical" stuff would be epic.

Want some 360 action: have a Dishka truck and enjoy being exposed - want some lower profile and higher firepower: have some dual 23mm with limited angle and possibility of rolling over with some nice "ISIS fireworks"  :)

Crazy how people are buying the Toyota Hilux trucks and giving them over to these groups. Even Top Gear  showed off how tough they can survive which now made them the truck of choice for warzones. Awesome ideas for Arma. Good work.

Hi,very nice mod!! When the vehicles will release? I´m bulding two big templates mods that takes almost all altis map and Austrália Map with two sides the US and the Russian but i stil need a missile defense system agaist the enemy rocket, missiles and artillery to make it more fun and realist. I was wondering if after the Community upgrade Project be fully completed the Mando missile for ARMA2 will work? so it would be possible to I put the defense system. Sorry for the bad english

The idea of a non 360° zu23 Hilux is absolutely worth thinking of. Thx for sharing the idea.

I was wondering if after the Community upgrade Project be fully completed the Mando missile for ARMA2 will work?

I have no idea to be honest. We have never talked about Mando Missile System by now. Is it even avaliable in A3?

• Like 1

The idea of a non 360° zu23 Hilux is absolutely worth thinking of. Thx for sharing the idea.

I'm all about having a forward-firing version in some fashion, I suppose only having a DShKM be able to go 360 feels game-y. Hypocritical, I know, but when has that stopped me from saying this?

Mando has been gone from the boards since 2011 other than one post in 2014.

Hi,very nice mod!! When the vehicles will release? I´m bulding two big templates mods that takes almost all altis map and Austrália Map with two sides the US and the Russian but i stil need a missile defense system agaist the enemy rocket, missiles and artillery to make it more fun and realist. I was wondering if after the Community upgrade Project be fully completed the Mando missile for ARMA2 will work? so it would be possible to I put the defense system. Sorry for the bad english

Mando Missile will most certainly not work.

It's not a matter of how we do things on our side but how things changed in the vanilla game.

I assume lots of stuff in it will be broken because of different game behavior and new scripting commands.

I'm all about having a forward-firing version in some fashion, I suppose only having a DShKM be able to go 360 feels game-y. Hypocritical, I know, but when has that stopped me from saying this?

Mando has been gone from the boards since 2011 other than one post in 2014.

There's the PKM Datsun already that works that way:

http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/datsun_mg_4.jpg

Mando Missile will most certainly not work.

It's not a matter of how we do things on our side but how things changed in the vanilla game.

I assume lots of stuff in it will be broken because of different game behavior and new scripting commands.

It's a shame it would be cool, I found another mod that has a missile defense system this one http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27574 . This one might work or not also?

This mod probably won't work either. This is an Arma 2 Mod and we are on Arma 3. There are 2 C-RAM / defence mods for arma 3 released. They should work together with CUP most likely.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/167999-c-ram-counter-rocket-artillery-and-mortar/

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/169031-c-ram-land-based-phalanx-weapon-system/

The M113, such a classic for all the permuations that militaries around the world made out of it...

I remember Mando Missile Arma (MMA) working when using All in Arma (AiA), but of course that's not a "proper" solution, as Chairborne said, due to how much changed under the hood (with AiA 'bridging the gap' in its time).