CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

I believe they can.

Some time ago we discussed about how the takistan army had a weird weapon of choice when it came to grenadiers (m16a2+m203 vs fal) and we came to a similar conclusion.

We have two devs currently AWOL for personal reasons but hopefully we should be back at full strength soon , i guess we can talk about it.

Which conclusion, that they made sense as a primary or more sense as a launcher?

That they should be in the launcher slot, and give soldiers a regular rifle as primary.

• Like 1

Must be fun, exciting and definitely not stressful to make that. Kappa

^^

A thing of beauty........arguably Rocket's finest moment.

Ohhh my good...these details just show your dedication. I'm so locking forward to the final release! 

Does anyone know of CUP, RHS Compatibility patch? The allows CUP and RHS weapons to share the same ammo. It is great having both CUP and RHS in our collection but when someone using a RHS M4A1 can't give mags to someone using a CUP M4A1 it is pretty annoying.

Just to let everyone know, my mod "Rotation Menu System" seems to be working very well on CUP maps, and from what I know it could be the only mod with incremental door opening that will work on them. It does a lot more, but check it out if you are having trouble with CQB. https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/184976-rotation-menu-system-a-fluid-external-action-menu-system/

Does anyone know of CUP, RHS Compatibility patch? The allows CUP and RHS weapons to share the same ammo. It is great having both CUP and RHS in our collection but when someone using a RHS M4A1 can't give mags to someone using a CUP M4A1 it is pretty annoying.

I don't think such a thing was ever planned.

Perhaps joint rails support this but i have some doubts.

Just to let everyone know, my mod "Rotation Menu System" seems to be working very well on CUP maps, and from what I know it could be the only mod with incremental door opening that will work on them. It does a lot more, but check it out if you are having trouble with CQB. https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/184976-rotation-menu-system-a-fluid-external-action-menu-system/

Good to know, thanks!

Ace 3 also

I believe the Para version that is modelled in CUP did have a full Auto function (for all the good it would do... impossible to use really)

Yes as far as i know only the british L1 SLR had single fire only, the one in game should be the normal FN FAL.

As for the Full Auto being default, i guess that can be corrected, no biggie.

Yes as far as i know only the british L1 SLR had single fire only, the one in game should be the normal FN FAL.

As for the Full Auto being default, i guess that can be corrected, no biggie.

Yeah I just meant that it should start in semi

Ed: eagle2532 already explained his meaning, but pics are always helpful in illustrating the point

He means why is Auto mode the first fire-mode setting on the FALs instead of Repetition/Semi

On the real FAL the first setting after Safe is Repetion (semi-auto), then you have to turn the selector all the way around to Auto.
fn%20fal%20licence%20argentina-03.JPG

The way it is now, kind of mirrors how the Kalashnikovs are (correctly) configured with automatic (ÐВТОМÐТИЧЕСКИЙ) first and single (ОДИÐОЧÐЫЙ) afterwards.

AK-safety.JPG

Edited by da12thMonkey
  • Like 1

CUP is great! You're all doing an amazing job and I really appreciate all your hard work. I haven't really been following development until recently, so I hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions?

Will you have a full desert and woodland version of most factions? (USA, USMC, Russia, ACR, BAF, etc.) Are you also going to include the RACS and SLA from Arma: Armed Assault? And are you going to add any new vehicles to the British and Czech  factions to flesh them out more?

I also have a request if it's possible, in Arma 2 the British MTP units had desert DPM body armour when really they should be wearing full MTP. Also, it would be great if you could have a outfit with desert DPM trousers and woodland DPM top, but I understand if you don't.

Thanks again for all your hard work! Whatever happens I'm looking forward to the next and future releases!

I also have a request if it's possible, in Arma 2 the British MTP units had desert DPM body armour when really they should be wearing full MTP.

It's accurate to the uniform they're wearing: The old Osprey Mk.3 vest that the BAF DLC units wear was only produced in Desert DPM, plus a few sets in the "Hybrid DPM" that was developed for the PECOC program and Blue for civilian staff (a very small handful of Osprey Mk3 were produced in regular temperate DPM).

The Mk.3 was being starting to be phased out by the "Osprey Assault" vest when MTP was introduced in March 2010, but this vest was still in plain desert sand or desert DPM, and a great number of troops were still issued the older Mk.3 vest along with their new MTP uniforms.

The UK's body armour didn't come in MTP pattern until Osprey Mk.4 was introduced 8 months after the MTP uniforms were introduced; in October 2010 (1 month after the BAF DLC came out). Osprey Mk.4 was an improved version of Osprey Assault and visually very different in its construction to the Mk.3 vest.

It's accurate to the uniform they're wearing: The old Osprey Mk.3 vest that the BAF DLC units wear was only produced in Desert DPM, plus a few sets in the "Hybrid DPM" that was developed for the PECOC program and Blue for civilian staff (a very small handful of Osprey Mk3 were produced in regular temperate DPM).

The Mk.3 was being starting to be phased out by the "Osprey Assault" vest when MTP was introduced in March 2010, but this vest was still in plain desert sand or desert DPM, and a great number of troops were still issued the older Mk.3 vest along with their new MTP uniforms.

The UK's body armour didn't come in MTP pattern until Osprey Mk.4 was introduced 8 months after the MTP uniforms were introduced; in October 2010 (1 month after the BAF DLC came out). Osprey Mk.4 was an improved version of Osprey Assault and visually very different in its construction to the Mk.3 vest.

Yeah, I thought that is what happened but I wasn't sure. Thanks for clarifying, and hopefully one day someone could add a Osprey Mk.4 model. I would be up for doing it myself, but I know nothing about 3D modelling.

CUP is great! You're all doing an amazing job and I really appreciate all your hard work. I haven't really been following development until recently, so I hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions?

Will you have a full desert and woodland version of most factions? (USA, USMC, Russia, ACR, BAF, etc.) Are you also going to include the RACS and SLA from Arma: Armed Assault? And are you going to add any new vehicles to the British and Czech  factions to flesh them out more?

I also have a request if it's possible, in Arma 2 the British MTP units had desert DPM body armour when really they should be wearing full MTP. Also, it would be great if you could have a outfit with desert DPM trousers and woodland DPM top, but I understand if you don't.

Thanks again for all your hard work! Whatever happens I'm looking forward to the next and future releases!

We have long term plans to expand the factions further and we do have additional vehicles provided by the community that we haven't shown yet, but as stated before that is bound to how fast we get there.

As you can imagine the amount of work involved is massive, and we're still looking for people to join the team and help.

• Like 2