CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Yes, it's a tractor unit.

Sahrani Liberation Army will also be equipped with Urals with the original textures.

Both UAZs and Land Rovers in all sorts of flavors will be included in the next update, too.

Glad to hear that :)

• Like 1

Just to keep the nostalgia train going, Sahrani Liberation Army Ka-50 Black Shark:

lVlUtQP.jpg

DlYgeKw.jpg

Th7kfpm.jpg

It will come in two flavours, the standard loadout (12 Vikhr missiles, 40 S-8 rockets) and Wargame Red Dragon secondary loadout with 12 Vikhr and 4 Igla AA missiles.

Before you say it, yes, we know textures and model details are poor (it's not like this model is 10 years old or anything...), we already have a substitute but it's going to take some time to get it up to speed so for the time being we're using this instead.

The model will be replaced sometime later and it will most likely not affect anything in the game (vehicle class should remain unchanged).

• Like 7

Hell yeah. Love it. Hope first CUP vehicle official release is near :)

Btw: Im using the CUP vehicles beta - will the classnames remain to the official releases?

Yes classnames should remain unaltered for those vehicles that are already out.

Love to see that BlackShark flying again!  Lots of happy tank hunting memories come flooding back!

• Like 2

hello Chairborne, first of all great effort on this extensive project and good luck.

i have a small question,

is the animation of the US Navy Choppers for folding/packing their rotor blades available in the beta vehicle pack?

if so what is the command for the init box for the chopper to spawn in a folded state?

in case the animation is not present, will they be available in the actual release?

i'm talking about the AH1Z, MH60, CH53, MV22 and the future UH1Y

Thanks.

The MV-22 will definitely have the folding animation, but with the rest not so sure. Most of the Arma2 models just simply replaced the unfolded with the folded rotor blades without a fancy animation. I'm talking about UH-1Y and AH-1Z. This would be a task for later on to animate probably. The data of MH60 and CH53E never contained any kind of folding animations, but maybe in a not so close future.

Thanks for the reply,

Right now the mv22 actually has a fold option in the action menu, but is there a command like the ones below from A2 so the chopper will spawn in a folded mode?

nul=[this,1] execVM "\ca\air2\mv22\scripts\pack.sqf";

nul=[this,1] execVM "\ca\air\Scripts\AH1Z_fold.sqf";

nul=[this,1] execvm "\ca\air2\UH1Y\Scripts\fold.sqf";

Thanks.

I believe the folding animations are already there but they haven't been tested with the exception of the MV-22.

I just noticed that the m79 was a primary and not a launcher, was that on purpose or a accident because its completely impractical as a primary weapon and would make more sense in the launcher slot.

I just noticed that the m79 was a primary and not a launcher, was that on purpose or a accident because its completely impractical as a primary weapon and would make more sense in the launcher slot.

I think there's a good argument for keeping the M79 there, most relevant being that the M79 can fire buckshot shells as well as HE and smoke - not sure if launchers can be set up to do this. If you need two primary weapons, bring a backpack.

Thanks for the reply,

Right now the mv22 actually has a fold option in the action menu, but is there a command like the ones below from A2 so the chopper will spawn in a folded mode?

nul=[this,1] execVM "\ca\air2\mv22\scripts\pack.sqf";

nul=[this,1] execVM "\ca\air\Scripts\AH1Z_fold.sqf";

nul=[this,1] execvm "\ca\air2\UH1Y\Scripts\fold.sqf";

Thanks.

Like Chairborne sait, it hasn't been tested. But the commandline should be as follows:

AH-1Z:

_xtype = [this,1] execvm "\CUP\AirVehicles\CUP_AirVehicles_AH1Z\scripts\AH1Z_fold.sqf"    // Pack
_xtype = [this,0] execvm "\CUP\AirVehicles\CUP_AirVehicles_AH1Z\scripts\AH1Z_fold.sqf"    // Unpack

MV-22

_xtype = [this,1] execvm "\CUP\AirVehicles\CUP_AirVehicles_MV22\scripts\pack.sqf"    // Pack
_xtype = [this,0] execvm "\CUP\AirVehicles\CUP_AirVehicles_MV22\scripts\pack.sqf"    // Unpack

UH-1Y (Model does not support folding ATM, maybe in the future):

_xtype = [this,1] execvm "\CUP\AirVehicles\CUP_AirVehicles_UH1Y\scripts\UH1Y_fold.sqf"    // Pack
_xtype = [this,0] execvm "\CUP\AirVehicles\CUP_AirVehicles_UH1Y\scripts\UH1Y_fold.sqf"    // Unpack

But those lines may change in the process, so don't be surprised if they stop working someday. All anims are still WIP ;)

• Like 2

I think there's a good argument for keeping the M79 there, most relevant being that the M79 can fire buckshot shells as well as HE and smoke - not sure if launchers can be set up to do this. If you need two primary weapons, bring a backpack.

I believe they can.

Some time ago we discussed about how the takistan army had a weird weapon of choice when it came to grenadiers (m16a2+m203 vs fal) and we came to a similar conclusion.

We have two devs currently AWOL for personal reasons but hopefully we should be back at full strength soon , i guess we can talk about it.

Thanks Audiocustoms!
those commands works great (for the MV22 and AH1Z in the beta) looking forward for the release of the rest of the vehicles.

If you introduce the Arma units, will you introduce new/improved textures for the vests especially? They look extremely dated, even compared to the arma 2 stuff.

Hi!! I've been away for about 3 weeks and was hoping to get an off cuff update to avoid wading through 3 week's worth of posts to look for my interest lol. 

1) Have there been any updates to the CH-53?

2) Where can I download the CH-53, and the rest of the stuff? 

Sorry about asking about the download again....I'm not the smartest computer guy and had trouble figuring it out the last time I asked about how to get the CH-53. 

~S

The ch53 is not distributed apart from the rest of the content, and there was no update to it as there was no update to the vehicle pack yet.

If you introduce the Arma units, will you introduce new/improved textures for the vests especially? They look extremely dated, even compared to the arma 2 stuff.

Im sure they will do, but as you can imagine its not a simply task to separate the vest from an Arma2 model for Arma3.

The fact that these will also have an advanced flight model makes me even more excited.  Lookin' good guys!

PS: When BI introduces DX12 to ArmA 3, will you guys take advantage of it and add reflections to the metallic materials, such as the helicopters hull? (if that's actually realistic for them to be shiny)

Unless it already is.  In that case, I am retarded.

Right, rgr on the CH-53. Can I please have an actual link to download this stuff!!! I have been pining for the CH-53!

~S

The fact that these will also have an advanced flight model makes me even more excited.  Lookin' good guys!

PS: When BI introduces DX12 to ArmA 3, will you guys take advantage of it and add reflections to the metallic materials, such as the helicopters hull? (if that's actually realistic for them to be shiny)

Unless it already is.  In that case, I am retarded.

Last i heard there was no change to material reflections, the only change was with the water rendering.

Do you have any info about this?

Right, rgr on the CH-53. Can I please have an actual link to download this stuff!!! I have been pining for the CH-53!

~S

Check here: https://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/3hua31/community_upgrade_project_vehicles_public_beta_is/

I warn you though, this build is a bit old-ish now and many of the vehicles we posted recently here are not included.