CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

The Community Upgrade Project is still looking for modders who want to be part of something big! We really need your help.

What we are looking for are modders who are experienced with:

• Infantry (not ReTex)
  • Animations
  • 3D in general
  • Configs in general

Visit us at 
http://cup-arma3.org 

and/or our public Skype Chat

skype:?chat&blob=2KcUoXE95qvFa0PIIIASOrZ30CUhxAqwbYHHguls9q4SA-WaOAQ-uG35vLDKBQcahKwUr9_O4V-g9Gw

• Like 1

No it doesn't work according to other testers.  Spawns CSAT units instead, which normally means the cfgGroups is not correctly coded.

Keep in mind many factions are not ready yet, even spawning them from the editor results in vanilla CSAT/Guerrilla units.

Try with regular USMC first, if that doesn't work then it has to be fixed.

No it doesn't work according to other testers.  Spawns CSAT units instead, which normally means the cfgGroups is not correctly coded.

Only USMC is in right now. What faction are you trying to spawn groups of ?

Sorry if it's been asked, which I'm sure it probably has somewhere in this thread. But will there be any special additions for the Russian faction (Like how the USMC got the CH-53, for example)? 

We have two new vehicles already planned for OPFOR, i'm guessing more may come depending on how fast we get the vanilla stuff done and whether we get / modders donate us more models.

@Chairborne,

Have you approached or been approached by the Project RACS team to implement their vehicles into CUP? They had some pretty good M113 variants and a great range of anti-air point defence vehicles if I recall correctly.

Last i heard, they were against giving permissions to port their stuff over.

We'll see.

Hey guys, just a small suggestion concerning upcoming vehicles pack: please consider implementing FFV for tank's and other armored vehicles (especially Russian ones) crew positions, instead of porting over Arma 2's default "hatch-holding" animation when turned out. As I recently figured out, commander's ability to use a binoculars significantly simplifies searching for enemy units and can sometimes make a huge difference in combat.

The beta BTR-90 grenade mortar thing doesn't make any noise when firing it, the explosion makes sound so its not that big of an issue 

Hey guys, just a small suggestion concerning upcoming vehicles pack: please consider implementing FFV for tank's and other armored vehicles (especially Russian ones) crew positions, instead of porting over Arma 2's default "hatch-holding" animation when turned out. As I recently figured out, commander's ability to use a binoculars significantly simplifies searching for enemy units and can sometimes make a huge difference in combat.

Noted, just don't count on it anytime soon as we have other priorities now.

The beta BTR-90 grenade mortar thing doesn't make any noise when firing it, the explosion makes sound so its not that big of an issue 

You have the wrong weapon files loaded.

In the vehicles beta there are a few extra PBOs that replace the older "stable" ones, you need those otherwise you'll have a few issues (especially with empty hind racks).

• Like 2

In the vehicles beta there are a few extra PBOs that replace the older "stable" ones, you need those otherwise you'll have a few issues (especially with empty hind racks).

okay thanks 

Sahrani Liberation Air Force's new Su-25:

J1flBwyh.png

Here laying in front of an hangar with a Russian Navy Su-25TM

GWzv7EFh.jpg

Yfog2LEh.jpg

Vanilla textures (and loadouts) have been maintained, in case you're wondering.

• Like 2

All the obvious coolness aside - tiger nose paint could use a bit less saturated colors to better match overall appearance (which is jaw droppingly awesome BTW)  :)

EDIT: is there any plans to do OFPish textures for appropriate vehicles (M113,Su25,BMPs,etc)?

Especially the classy desert'ish soviet Su25:

OFP http://www.imagineer.co.jp/pc/products/ofp/readme/mainfotob.jpg

iRL http://worldweapon.ru/images/sam/su25/su25_01.jpg

The texture is rather WIP, but yeah some desaturation would be good.

They both look rather similar to the original A2 one for the russians, so i'd say no for the time being.

There are a couple of textures i made for a previous personal project (that you can still find on armaholic, the one you see here is 99% copypaste from that one), but this one for SLA was made purely because of "practical" needs and i personally don't count to make more anytime soon (perhaps one for the czechs, and that's it).

Will we see Pook`s Sam Systems in CUP? I meant,as a port you meant as a part that was meant to be in it from the beginning,sence there aren`t any good stuff like that , really.https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/176187-pook-sam-pack-v10/page-9#entry2909315

From what i see he has mostly long range radar and support structure.

That isn't much of a priority right now.

To be honest i wouldn't even know what you could be shooting at, since vanilla was pretty poor in the airplane department (surely there was no dedicated SEAD asset, and that would require even further work).

Sahrani Liberation Air Force's new Su-25:

J1flBwyh.png

Here laying in front of an hangar with a Russian Navy Su-25TM

Vanilla textures (and loadouts) have been maintained, in case you're wondering.

Chairborne, perfect for me! you can estimate the time of launch of release? can't wait

I gues it is a lot to ask, but is service menu possible for planes? Like one from F-18 or from USAF mod?

Chairborne, perfect for me! you can estimate the time of launch of release? can't wait

Im guessing when we have another batch of new vehicles to show for.

The first public beta wasn't more than two weeks ago.

I gues it is a lot to ask, but is service menu possible for planes? Like one from F-18 or from USAF mod?

We're taking measures for it.

The planes are already compatible with a loadout editor in theory, as all proxies can be changed.

What we lack is the feature to change them dynamically in game

The planes are already compatible with a loadout editor in theory, as all proxies can be changed.

What we lack is the feature to change them dynamically in game

I don't know if its feasible, could you use an ammo truck to do it?

I don't know if its feasible, could you use an ammo truck to do it?

That was the idea, whenever you're close to a certain type of vehicle (ammo truck, for example) or a building (hangar, LHD deck, etc) you get the option to change loadout.

That's how john_spartan's loadout editors work too.

• Like 1

Hello guys, Does it work with alive?

Has not been testet by now. Would you mind testing it and sending feedback?

Only USMC is in right now. What faction are you trying to spawn groups of ?

It appears that the USMC faction (CUP_B_USMC) works fine in ALiVE. I just tried it. Looks like the virtual units had the proper clothes and weapons. Takistan Army didn't work. One of the Russian factions spawned a group with vss guns, but they otherwise looked like CSAT.