CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Has any work been done on civilian vehicles ? Or are those on backburner currently?

I think the rule is gone since I cannot see it on the Rules page.

There are a few WIP, but i think for now the only one available is the Mi-8 with ANA (Aeroflot) livery.

I always thought the Royal Sahrani boys ran around in Leopards... But the T-72's sure do look good ! :-)

AAAAAND the first test release of CUP_Vehicles is here!

Now, this is a PUBLIC BETA release.
What it means is that this is not the final complete version.
We have put together now a decent amount of vehicles that are ready to play and we would like to gather some feedback from the community on issues that we missed.
As always, i remind you that we have a public feedback tracker (link below) and we would really appreciate if you could use it if you need to report any issue, as things tend to get lost or forgotten if written elsewhere:

http://bugs.cup-arma3.org/my_view_page.php

This is a list of what vehicles you'll find inside, if they are not here it means they haven't been done or still need major polishing work:

- Mi-8/17
- Uh-60/Mh-60S
- BRDM2
- Mi-24
- Ch-53E
- BTR-60
- LAV-25
- HMMWV family of vehicles
- BTR-90
- AAV7
- Datsun
- AH-1Z
- M1 Abrams
- Dingo 2
- C-130J
- AV-8B
- MV-22

A few notes:

Inside the pack you'll find two folders, @CUP_Vehicles and @CUP_Weapons.
@CUP_Weapons contains a handful of files that go to replace the original ones from the weapons stable release.
The reason for this is that vehicle weapons are also inside the regular weapons pack (no, we're not going to split them), and since the last weapons update we made some more changes to allow compatibility with the Hind and a bunch of other fixes.

The Harrier has a weird behavior when on the ground, in due time that is going to be replaced for a good part with my standalone version (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26840).

The pack depends on @CUP_Weapons and @CUP_Units to work.

Most of the crewmen/drivers/pilots of the vehicles are just standard vanilla units, that is because they are placeholders and will be changed to appropriate units as they get done.

You can find the download on our google community page here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/112839783465208129905/112839783465208129905/posts/2yKoBpjgs1A

Also friendly reminder we have a public skype chat group in case you want to harass us directly with "when are you going to add X" questions or just say hi :D :

skype:?chat&blob=t-G5iTiyeTruffIQM8RsI-jN5xjM-7uI-nw7rx0iTvca9RlLEtjwoOmoT8Sbgi3g-_G3ZTyJdG3o5-4

• Like 7

So when you said soon...it was soon....

You know, I hopped on here, planning to go to bed...well I can go ahead and forget about that now....XD

Noticed the AAV7 on the list there....since Tanoa update aint here yet, it's not controllable in the water, right?

If so, you might want to create an issue on the tracker for that so that others don't start duplicating issues....just so people are informed already.

Time to download ^^

Noticed the AAV7 on the list there....since Tanoa update aint here yet, it's not controllable in the water, right?

Correct, with the caveat that Bohemia (@arma3official) identified the issue as in the pipeline for the Expansion... as I've speculated more than once, presumably because they want their own tracked amphibious armor.

I have one question and please don't take it the wrong way. I don't intend to offend.

How much did you guys test this mod before releasing public beta?

I mean, of course its WIP, that's why it's Beta but some things are just soo glitched that they shouldn't even be in the public release. :P I was having a similar debate with the RHS team a while back regarding this subject.

I have quite a big list of bugs/glitches that I will report on the tracker if you guys want me to, but I just wonder if any of these bugs are purposely kept in and if so, whether or not there's a list somewhere, maybe a to-do list?

For example take the M1030 motorcycle..if you press A (to go left) the bike will cosmetically steer right (it will still turn left though)...not to mention how strange/crazy-hard to control that bike is and when you fall over (which you inevitably will) you can't pull it back up. nice lil pic regarding that: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=503518030

Now I'm aware the problems with motorcycles in A3 (DBO had issues) but in this case it's just an example :P

There are more of these very-easy-to-spot glitches that made me wonder this.

So yeah please don't take it the wrong way ^^

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Will us modders be able to (have permission) make reskins of CUP vehicles for our own factions? Looks like a great base for all kinds of armies...

The Seahawks, CH53, and MV22 are awesome!  Keep up the good work!

I am assuming CUP Weapons will be coming out with an update with the updated files?

I have one question and please don't take it the wrong way. I don't intend to offend.

How much did you guys test this mod before releasing public beta?

I mean, of course its WIP, that's why it's Beta but some things are just soo glitched that they shouldn't even be in the public release. :P I was having a similar debate with the RHS team a while back regarding this subject.

I have quite a big list of bugs/glitches that I will report on the tracker if you guys want me to, but I just wonder if any of these bugs are purposely kept in and if so, whether or not there's a list somewhere, maybe a to-do list?

For example take the M1030 motorcycle..if you press A (to go left) the bike will cosmetically steer right (it will still turn left though)...not to mention how strange/crazy-hard to control that bike is and when you fall over (which you inevitably will) you can't pull it back up. nice lil pic regarding that: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=503518030

Now I'm aware the problems with motorcycles in A3 (DBO had issues) but in this case it's just an example :P

There are more of these very-easy-to-spot glitches that made me wonder this.

So yeah please don't take it the wrong way ^^

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Yes the motorcycle simulation has some issues (which is also the reason you don't see many around), but since it has been tested already in some private betas i decided to include it (and apparently even forgot to add it to the changelog :wacko: ).

But apart from that i'm not aware of any other exceptionally broken vehicles. Did we miss something?

The Seahawks, CH53, and MV22 are awesome!  Keep up the good work!

I am assuming CUP Weapons will be coming out with an update with the updated files?

The updated files you need are already included with the pack.

When the next update comes we'll try to streamline it to avoid this sort of issues (and hopefully by then most of the vehicle weapons we need will be done).

Will us modders be able to (have permission) make reskins of CUP vehicles for our own factions? Looks like a great base for all kinds of armies...

I don't see a problem with it, as a matter of fact most vehicles should already be compatible.

Thanks.

Ok so since this seems to have created some confusion, in the vehicles beta you'll see there is also a weapons folder.

You need the files in that folder too to run this version, otherwise you'll get some issues with weapon proxies and other minor bugs.

Just replace the files in that folder (@CUP_weapons) with the ones from the stable release and you should be fine.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Like 1

Well, it's not a release, but a test release, meaning that things are problematic. Otherwise, it would have been flagged as a real release.

The point is to collect feedback. We can test things a little ourselves, but extensive tests are beyond what we can do.

Regarding the bike: It's basically a car with only two wheels. Arma 3 does not really allow for bikes (yet ?).

Hell, I even tried to make it PhysX compatible, but it would always fall over

Edit: Right, the steering wheel angle seems to be reversed with Arma 3 in contrast to Arma 2

CUP was meant as a modders resource from the beginning. So sure, go ahead and create new content from it.

if you enjoy this stuff, you might also want to join the team (shamless self-promotion ^^)

AAAAAND the first test release of CUP_Vehicles is here!

Now, this is a PUBLIC BETA release.

What it means is that this is not the final complete version.

We have put together now a decent amount of vehicles that are ready to play and we would like to gather some feedback from the community on issues that we missed.

As always, i remind you that we have a public feedback tracker (link below) and we would really appreciate if you could use it if you need to report any issue, as things tend to get lost or forgotten if written elsewhere:

http://bugs.cup-arma3.org/my_view_page.php

This is a list of what vehicles you'll find inside, if they are not here it means they haven't been done or still need major polishing work:

- Mi-8/17

- Uh-60/Mh-60S

- BRDM2

- Mi-24

- Ch-53E

- BTR-60

- LAV-25

- HMMWV family of vehicles

- BTR-90

- AAV7

- Datsun

- AH-1Z

- M1 Abrams

- Dingo 2

- C-130J

- AV-8B

- MV-22

A few notes:

Inside the pack you'll find two folders, @CUP_Vehicles and @CUP_Weapons.

@CUP_Weapons contains a handful of files that go to replace the original ones from the weapons stable release.

The reason for this is that vehicle weapons are also inside the regular weapons pack (no, we're not going to split them), and since the last weapons update we made some more changes to allow compatibility with the Hind and a bunch of other fixes.

The Harrier has a weird behavior when on the ground, in due time that is going to be replaced for a good part with my standalone version (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26840).

The pack depends on @CUP_Weapons and @CUP_Units to work.

Most of the crewmen/drivers/pilots of the vehicles are just standard vanilla units, that is because they are placeholders and will be changed to appropriate units as they get done.

You can find the download on our google community page here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/112839783465208129905/112839783465208129905/posts/2yKoBpjgs1A

Also friendly reminder we have a public skype chat group in case you want to harass us directly with "when are you going to add X" questions or just say hi :D :

skype:?chat&blob=t-G5iTiyeTruffIQM8RsI-jN5xjM-7uI-nw7rx0iTvca9RlLEtjwoOmoT8Sbgi3g-_G3ZTyJdG3o5-4

A BIG Many thanks for the public beta Sr!!! test now!!!

I know that the vehicles are just in beta but I would like to give some feedback, please ignore if these things have been brought up already. I am having lots of fun with arma 2 content.. and the CH-53E :D

-Bugs I have noticed-

Abrams has a very low or no  engine sound.

Hilux drives very slow

Cannot zero the BTR-90 weapons including the grenade launcher

Other then that I have not come across any other bugs so far, just thought I would bring them to your attention.

Did you place the extra weapon files in the appropriate folder?

That should fix the pylons issue.

As for the rest, i've taken note, thank you for your feedback.

I put them with my CUP_Weapons mod folder. Was I supposed to create a new one?

No that should be ok.

If there is some incompatibility issue with RHS (even though it seems weird since CUP uses its own classnames) then it's not something we're aware of.

edit: just to be sure, did you test it without RHS loaded?

So I tried disabling RHS, Did not fix the issue, I have massi's ports also so I disabled them, still no weapons. I have your old ports so I disabled them and... still not fixed. I am going to keep on looking into this to find what may be causing the issue. Sorry to waste your time when its because of something I did.

No problem there mate, in hindsight the mistake was ours not to plan the release a bit better considering the weapons came out a week prior.

Could've avoided some headaches to some of the people who tried it and had difficulties like you.

edit: btw i still think the problem is related to the weapons PBOs, if you use steam workshop make sure they weren't reverted to the original ones automatically by steam, that has happened before.

OK So wow, I had this problem earlier with another mod, cannot believe I did not think of this sooner. So there is this Netherlands mod that uses cup weapons. And it turns out in the addons it copy's the old weapon pbo's so when I updated for the beta long behold I was still using the old ones...