CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

ION doesn't have a hind in ArmA 2..but its the Community Upgrade Project...not the Community Port Project so they're free to implement new st00f.

Sahrani Liberation Army Mi-8s on exercise:

PdAEQEg.png

vcJbjPr.jpg

T2D0J1Z.jpg

p.s. the texture is the original one from Armed Assault, for those nostalgic out there. :D

• Like 1

ION doesn't have a hind in ArmA 2..but its the Community Upgrade Project...not the Community Port Project so they're free to implement new st00f.

This guy gets it. B)

By the way we still have a few aces (no mod-related pun intended :D ) up our sleeves.

• Like 1

Exactly, the Enfiled didn't have a bipod or an attachment rail in Arma 2 either :)

We take the liberty to add stuff we think is cool/useful.

• Like 1

The ION Hind is from Take On Helicopters as far as I can remember. Beautiful. Have the PMC models been made publically accessible too? I'd be thrilled to see them ingame at some point, keep up the brilliant work!

Correct, the ION texture comes from TOH (see? still armaverse after all :D ).

Yes, PMC models are available, although conversion for characters is probably going to take some time as we go through all the factions.

Do you think you may add UPK gun pods to the Mi-17's and MI-24's? With your personal port they are pretty nice and RHS recently added them, and they are quite useful. 

I think i may, as a matter of fact the pods should already be in (i can tell you for a fact proxies are already prepared on the Mi-24, it should just be a matter of changing magazines and probably fix a few things with the weapons).

We're sticking to vanilla loadouts for the time being for the sole reason it's faster than making a unique loadout for every unit.

We're probably going to do some more modifications down the road.

Hey guys do you have an ETA for CUP_Terrains to arrive as a release on PlayWithSix ?

Hey guys do you have an ETA for CUP_Terrains to arrive as a release on PlayWithSix ?

Terrains thread is here: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/179990-community-upgrade-project-cup-terrains/page-19

Glad to see you guys are expanding your content beyond A2's vanilla assets! I was glad to see the AK74M and the RPK74 variants in the last weapons update.

By any chance, will the M72 LAW make it into the Weapons Pack?

We're looking into it, i initially thought there was one in the original Arma 2/OA/BAF but apparently i was wrong.

Hey I noticed you guys have a spotting magazine class for the MK153 SMAW already, however it's not available in-game..is it because it wasn't completed or is it a bug?

The spotting rifle is still WIP and not working propperly so we decided to leave it out for now. We are working this and hopefully it will be ready next update.

• Like 1

Ah okay...I was writing a config that added the spotting rifle for the MK153 because I thought yall didn't work on that yet..set up the config, ready to adjust ballistics n all...For some reference classnames I opened up a CUP pbo and found that you guys had already worked on one...I facepalmed and deleted my config :D

Good to hear yall are implementing it though.

Love this mod. Any chance on adding m107 explosive ammo?  :P

I was also wondering about changing the config in the backpacks and making them a standalone thing so they dont get mixed up in my normal CUP backpacks.. I would love to be able to use the Metis bag as a normal backpack. I'm kind of noob at this stuff. I guess my question is can I copy the parent tree to create a new class? Like this maybe?

class CUP_B_StaticX_Base: Bag_Base
{
dlc = "CommunityUpgradeProject";
author = "Community Upgrade Project";
model = "\CUP\Weapons\CUP_Weapons_Backpacks\CUP_StaticX.p3d";
hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\CUP\Weapons\CUP_Weapons_Backpacks\data\static_co.paa"};
maximumLoad = 0;
mass = 100;
scope = 1;
};
class CUP_B_StaticX_cbr: CUP_B_StaticX_Base
{
scope = 1;
scopeCurator = 0;
displayName = "Static Weapon Bag";
picture = "\CUP\Weapons\CUP_Weapons_Backpacks\data\ui\icon_b_c_staticX_ca.paa";
hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\CUP\Weapons\CUP_Weapons_Backpacks\data\static_co.paa"};
};

/////////////////////////////////////////////////NEW METIS BACKPACK////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

class RTS_CUP_B_StaticX_Base: Bag_Base
{
model = "\CUP\Weapons\CUP_Weapons_Backpacks\CUP_StaticX.p3d";
maximumLoad = 300;
mass = 50;
scope = 1;
};
class RTS_CUP_B_StaticX_cbr: RTS_CUP_B_StaticX_Base
{
scope = 1;
scopeCurator = 0;
displayName = "Weapons Bag";
picture = "\CUP\Weapons\CUP_Weapons_Backpacks\data\ui\icon_b_c_staticX_ca.paa";
};

My other question is I see this at the top..

requiredAddons[] = {"CUP_Weapons_WeaponsCore"};

If I make the modified backpacks standalone from CUP would I need to copy CUP_Weapons_WeaponsCore.pbo to the new mod folder so it is next to the mod pbo? Or is it not required since I already have it running from @CUP_Weapons\addons? 

One last thing.. What does scope = 1; mean? I see some backpacks have it and others dont.

Anyways, sorry if my post is long winded and thanks again for all the hard work you guys have put in this mod and allowing others to modify it and learn from it. I've been looking for a small project like this for me to do and this seems to fit within my current scope of knowledge right now lol. Also thanks for anyone willing to help a FNG out with this. Greatly appreciated!

You can't make them standalone. You still need the model and textures from the package.

Besides:

a- this question would be more appropriate for the editing section of the forums;

b- you don't need stuff from CUP to do this, in the A2 source files you already have everything you need.

I have a question:

Are the Arma 2 faces part of CUP too? (please tell me they are..... :) )

Thanks for your good work!

Royal Army Corps of Sahrani T-72s perform combat exercises:

Ok65CCo.jpg

1Rs8kzt.jpg

ak43yeT.jpg

• Like 1

Oh god why do you torture us. :D

P.S. Aren't these images over 100kb? Or is that rule gone since the new forums layout?

Oh god why do you torture us. :D

P.S. Aren't these images over 100kb? Or is that rule gone since the new forums layout?

A first >>>BETA<<< release will be ready soon. :ph34r: 

No clue about that, the auto resize is gone, if that is still an issue i can downsize them.

Has any work been done on civilian vehicles ? Or are those on backburner currently?

I think the rule is gone since I cannot see it on the Rules page.