CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Well that problem is related just to tracked vehicles like the BMP or the AAV, other wheeled vehicles like the BTR-60/90 or the LAV work fine, but that isn't really in our control.

It's not like we didn't set up something correctly, it's an engine issue that can be solved only by BI.

I contacted BI directly via Twitter a few days ago and this is what they said: https://twitter.com/ChairborneIT/status/625996797547270144

So the answer for now is yes, but not all of them.

I see, I misread the feedback tracker. Good to know at least most will work.

In due time, yes.

We're finalizing the few missing vehicles for USMC then we want to make a public beta test release.

We'll have our own feedback tracker like the one BI uses for Arma 3 as well.

Great to hear!  Thanks.  It'll be nice to finally have a fully functional -53.

Another screenshot of the Super Stallion flexing its rotary muscles:

nqlGQ2vl.jpg

• Like 5

Having just joined the CUP team. The 15th MEU will be providing a script work around in the meantime to help tracked vic's water wise until they can actually be driveable in the water.

I think people will like the solution, not what anyone would prefer. But still a good way none the less.

• Like 2

Having just joined the CUP team. The 15th MEU will be providing a script work around in the meantime to help tracked vic's water wise until they can actually be driveable in the water.

I think people will like the solution, not what anyone would prefer. But still a good way none the less.

I've seen a video and it's pretty good. B)

Some of them have AFM from vanilla/tkoh helos (as close as possible).

They're going to require some testing and fine tuning though.

Very much looking forward to this!

Some of them have AFM from vanilla/tkoh helos (as close as possible).

They're going to require some testing and fine tuning though.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggg... I think I need new pants.

Another piece of eyecandy provided by CUP

Nice. Where did the CH-53 model come from?

The model was originally made by Rocket and USEC for Arma 2, who kindly granted us permission to port it to Arma 3.

nice work folks also chairborne glad to see bi helping with the amphib vehicles

Yeah it's good news, the PR guys probably hate me by now from all the harassment i gave them on reddit and twitter, but it worked. :D

I hope the expansion brings other engine improvements too, can't wait to see what BI has in store.

Very nicely done! :)

Good to know that Wargame's famous long-range low-altitude anti-helicopter system has made its way to Arma. :D

• Like 1

Very nicely done! :)

Good to know that Wargame's famous long-range low-altitude anti-helicopter system made its way to Arma. :D

We'll show those evil Ka-52s who's the boss. B)

• Like 1

Yeah it's good news, the PR guys probably hate me by now from all the harassment i gave them on reddit and twitter, but it worked. :D

I hope the expansion brings other engine improvements too, can't wait to see what BI has in store.

Same thing Breaking Point did? More likely that Bohemia intended to finally bring tracked amphibious armor of their own back to the series. Crossing fingers for the PLAGF/PLANMC lineup...

Same thing Breaking Point did? More likely that Bohemia intended to finally bring tracked amphibious armor of their own back to the series. Crossing fingers for the PLAGF/PLANMC lineup...

Hah, yeah that's definitely a closer representation of what went down when they decided to look into it.

In the last dev blog they repeated their focus on making sea look better, i wonder if they have anything else planned in that regard.

Hi Just a little question. Do you know if anyone have any plans to make a Mauser M03 In the CUP weapons pack?. It's just a excellent weapon and is a engineering masterpiece. I'm not expecting that you are making every barrels and stuff for it. The Stock magazine takes 7 different ammo types if i'm not mistaking. But if it was possible to make for instance a revision 1 version of the gun with something like a 7.62x51mm round or a 338 Win Mag, 300 win mag that would be awesome  https://gyazo.com/702d288294160c02957e00663fcd9ac0 .Here is their home page with lots of great info http://www.mauser.com/en/products/m03/  And there is also some great youtube videos out there. If any of you go to a range and get to try a Mauser M03 i would HIGHLY recommend trying it. It's such a game changer, and you will fall in love. And i don't consider it OP in anyway shape or form since it's a bolt action rifle and can take a wide variety of ammo. And with many of the other Arma weapons you have a over flow of DMR style weapons where you can pump out 20 high caliber rounds in a matter of seconds. I think it would be great to have in custom missions like black ops style missions and recon,where one or 2 people have a M03 (of course depending on how big the team is).   

Hah, yeah that's definitely a closer representation of what went down when they decided to look into it.

In the last dev blog they repeated their focus on making sea look better, i wonder if they have anything else planned in that regard.

Pretty much my thinking -- the seeming tendency is for their own intended content to drive development, any benefit to community modders is just a bonus. :( Though at least they seem better about documenting the how-to than before, and I would fully expect that that trend will continue to CUP's benefit.

Hi Just a little question. Do you know if anyone have any plans to make a Mauser M03 In the CUP weapons pack?

Don't count on it unless someone's offering to donate an already-completed model, preferably already in P3D format. TL;DR: If it wasn't in Arma 2/OA/BAF/PMC/ACR, don't count on it (the CH-53 being an acknowledged exception courtesy of Rocket/USEC).