CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP

Hey all, I am curious for "sync" purposes, but will the update that makes it work with marksman/bipods be out in the next two weeks? I ask because I like to limit how often I sync my mods with my squad, and I was going to update them here soon unless this is coming out soon, because its one of our main mods. If its a few weeks out I will just push my squads update out soon otherwise.

Not to say "you are not working fast enough" purely out of curiosity.

I wouldn't count on it. It might be, but it I would say that the probability is relatively low, more so since the release of the weapons update will be at the same time as the first infantry and vehicle releases.

--- more so since the release of the weapons update will be at the same time as the first infantry and vehicle releases.

I was hoping for this, good to hear ;)

I have a question for clarifying things:

At the moment i have the AiA packages installed (Standalone, etc.)

Since they're outdated now does CUP render those obsolete in the end ?

CUP aims to add Units, Weapons and Vehicles + HQ-Sounds by JSRS. Now i'm wondering whether CUP will also port Islands ?

. Now i'm wondering whether CUP will also port Islands ?

Yes, it will

Yes, it will

Thank you for the quick reply.

Okay awesome. Then i will get rid of the outdated AiA mods asap. :)

I've been following CUP for a short while now, but I haven't gotten around to downloading it. Once the the vehicles and Infantry are released this will probably be that pack to have that will add all those vital essentials to Arma 3 for everyone. Cheers guys for all your hard work, and looking forward to the release soon.

I've actually remade (and expanded) Into the Storm (finished most of it, needs playing to sort out various bugs) and I started on First to Fight (and a little bit on Manhattan) for RHS, however the way it's set up makes it quite easy to switch to CUP stuff, if you'd like those feel free to let me know, as it is I've got such little ability to finish projects (easily distracted :D) I've no idea if I'd ever get them done.
I was also considering it. If you're still interested, I suggest we coordinate once the assets are ported so we can work on different campaigns and do not duplicate the work.

If you guys want to exchange emails im more than happy to invest some time and energy into remaking the campaigns. I got the first mission working near flawlessly with RHS, im sure they will work much better now due to updates. Anyways, hit me up if either of you are interested, even if you aren't able to invest loads of time into it, im sure you would be able to add some skills that would be helpful :D

Oh please do!I never finished A2's campaign and I keep trying to go back but the weird postproccessing blur gives me a headache and I have been spoiled by A3's smoother controls:) that said A2's campaign was much more interesting.

Hopefully we (or i, depending on how things go) will be able to complete at least Harvest Red. I loved ArmA 3s campaign but Harvest Red will always be my first love.

Edited by MotherfuckerJones

Cant wait for a map pack release, everyone loves cherno :)

Cant wait for a map pack release, everyone loves cherno :)

Yes. Time for some RU/UKR scenarios in Chernarussia. Perfect terrain for it :)

could you just remove the deleting CUP_Creatures_People_Military_DummyInfantrySet.pbo and making it a optional mod that you can add in if you want it. And just update that on PWS. Alot of people find it as a nuisance more than it helps.

could you just remove the deleting CUP_Creatures_People_Military_DummyInfantrySet.pbo and making it a optional mod that you can add in if you want it. And just update that on PWS. Alot of people find it as a nuisance more than it helps.

Thanks for showing such appreciation for our work. If you don't like it, just delete the PBO and forget about it. The intention for these units was to make mission maker's life more easy by providing pre-configured units with the CUP weapons, which would eventually be replaced with the real models. Which we will start with the next update, the Infantry will be taken out of the Weapon pack and moved into its own package, which will contain the models we already have ported, and the dummy placeholders for those that we haven't yet.

But I have said this all before, if you had bothered to read it.

Sorry if i came across as a ass, I was just seeing if it was possible because using mcc you get the Factions list filled with alot of units that aren't needed. A question is that are you using JSRS sounds for the vehicle part of CUP? "Sorry if its already Anwered"

Edited by sargken
Adding in more to same post

Thanks for showing such appreciation for our work. If you don't like it, just delete the PBO and forget about it. The intention for these units was to make mission maker's life more easy by providing pre-configured units with the CUP weapons, which would eventually be replaced with the real models. Which we will start with the next update, the Infantry will be taken out of the Weapon pack and moved into its own package, which will contain the models we already have ported, and the dummy placeholders for those that we haven't yet.

But I have said this all before, if you had bothered to read it.

Please don't get upset with such silly comments, the majority of us like your work and can't wait for the next update :bounce3:

Sorry if i came across as a ass, I was just seeing if it was possible because using mcc you get the Factions list filled with alot of units that aren't needed.

Apology accepted.

A question is that are you using JSRS sounds for the vehicle part of CUP? "Sorry if its already Anwered"

Yes, we are. I think most of his sounds are better than the vanilla. For a few vehicles we also use Arma 3 sounds, mostly depending on availability and personal taste.

I don't see why they should. It's a great way to show the ported weapons off on actual models and how they work so far. Please remember that the mod is a heavy WIP-project until now.

The dummies are about to be replaced just how Alwarren stated yesterday. You can't expect a completed, functional mod for playing right now. ;)

The dummies are about to be replaced

Just to mention a few:

Force Recon Direct Action: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=434425359

Force Recon Corpsman: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=431398655

Sgt Cooper, Razor Team: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=421400849

USMC Grenadier: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=414037863

USMC Pilot: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=414037889

USMC Officer: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=414037913

USMC Crewman: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=414037947

Random combination of uniform parts: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=414037835

Parts are compatible with Arma 3. This random NAPA guy is wearing a vest, backpack and face gear. Will work both ways, i.e. normal Arma 3 units will be able to use Arma 2 vests.

Looks freakin' great !

Also one question, are there any plans to port some Arma 2 heads and faces ?

Looks freakin' great !

Also one question, are there any plans to port some Arma 2 heads and faces ?

I thought about it. The way I do faces in Arma ism to 3D paint them on the mesh. Unfortunately BIS only released the site head, not the Asian or black dude, so my options might be limited. I don't feel like shoving pieces around in GIMP tbh. I asked if Bohemia was willing to release the other heads but didn't get a reply.

I need to see if it is possible to apply the new face rig to the old heads.

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

Did you find an animator for those weapons yet? I'm available and have some spare time this summer.

Did you find an animator for those weapons yet? I'm available and have some spare time this summer.

No, we don't have anybody working on the animations yet. We'd very much welcome help with this, so if you want to join us feel free to join our Forum at http://forums.cup-arma3.org/

Thanks!

The CUP weapons and by extension the attachments use ASDG rails. I think one of the optional pbos in RHS adds ASDG as well

Sent from my Xperia Z1

I'm talking about compatibility in magazines, so you don't need to worry about making missions where units use both types of weapons from both modifications.

---------- Post added at 18:50 ---------- Previous post was at 18:48 ----------

I'd say just to darken the unit textures a bit, and they'll look just perfect! Thanks for all the hard work