anthariel

[Terrain] Kandahar Province - WIP

Amazing work!

Really like the details so far, the fields, the clutter, and what appears to be a small river as well.

Keep up the good work.

Wow, thanks you everyone :)

@Chompster : Well, the following addons are included :

• Kandahar_Province.pbo
  • Kandahar_Province_Civilians.pbo (:rolleyes:).
  • Kandahar_Province_Airfield.pbo (?)
  • Kandahar_Province_Missions.pbo
  • Kandahar_Province_Data.pbo (Musics, Loading screens).
  • Kandahar_Functions.pbo
  • PRAA Vegetation (A big thanks to Minimalaco for allowing me to include his Vegetation addon (Used for fields and others cool things).

(~1Go)

However Kandahar is created with JBAD Buildings (~1.3Go with )buildings, vegetations, rocks...)(better and less bugged than AIA/A3MP).

The bad point of Kandahar Province is his size but I realy need to create a complete map and not just 1.500.000 objects randomly placed and also, i would like to make it friendly for Missions Makers with a very cool support (i think of things like a sandstorm script included or Custom Colours Corrections) but also for the player (5 Language support, optimised,Zeus Missions, Showcases, MP Scenarios included).

For me making a map is not just a simple object placement with some lines of code. Maybe the map will take me 6/7 months to finish but i'll of course publish (like i did for Tilos) Work-In-Progress versions to have a cool and constructive feedback.

@Major_Desync : Thanks you a lot! Yes indeed the clutter is currently not finished but i'm working on that :war: I'm also working on custom ground textures so :cool:

Edited by Anthariel

Whoa, Antrahiel, this is yet another awesome terrains of yours! Can't wait to see more progress on this!

Don't know why, but I'm simply "attracted" to the organic-looking level design of this! ;) Pleases a detail and beautiful scenes -hungry eye. No hard feelings, though.

i like it looks good one more map i cant wait to get my hands on what addons you are using to make this map ?

@Inlesco : Thanks you a lot, I'm glad you like my terrains :)

@ICE_AGE0815 : Thanks, for the addons read this please : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?189641-Terrain-Kandahar-Province-WIP&p=2896590&viewfull=1#post2896590

@WarLord554 : Thanks i'm try to get a realistic terrain so i hope he is :)

Looking very good! I can see some really cool scenario running on the map.

I have no release date for the moment (maybe an alpha during April).

I have no release date for the moment (maybe an alpha during April).

that would be nice thanks for all your hard work

Looks incredible - a contender to be up against the mighty Sangin. Can't wait to try, been looking forward to more Afghan maps.

Looks very nice! I concur with Warlord, very good object/clutter placement!

Thanks you everyone for your support ;)

I will stream 3 or 4 hours of terrain making (and bug hunting also :pistols:) on Twitch tomorrow at 18h UTC (19 hours in France).

http://www.twitch.tv/anthariels

Looking forward to see your progress, man! The more productive Twitch streams, the better ;)

Thanks you, well the first village is now "finished", i'll probably start the most bigger city in the map in 4 hours, with good music, your comments, idea and coffee, it's could be very productive yeah ;-)

Edited by Anthariel

Dude!

I kinda missed the video, but after watching it:

Some stunning map stuff right here!

I'm reeeally looking forward to play in this beauty, detailed Afghanistan maps are my personal TvT paradise! :yay:

@LAxemann & Eaglestrike999: Thanks you!

On Air :)

Edited by Anthariel

@ICE_AGE0815 :

Well, nothing very productive and I had to leave early so, you have not missed anything ;)

I've started some sketch yesterday of an F.O.B. (+ a whole documentation about FOB in Afghanistan). So, I hope to start it today if I have time and why not post some screenshots in 2 or 4 days :cool:

I'll also try to modify next week the default Sandstorm function created by Bohemia Interactive for Arma 2 to make it better and more usable for Kandahar Province.

Edited by Anthariel

Sandstorm?:) :) :) : )

... Oh boy

That sounds baller as hell!! Good luck, Maybe if it works well you could release it as well as a script or addon for use on other maps.