Sign in to follow this  
ofpsince06

Virtual Arsenal

I've had ArmA 3 since alpha, but I don't know if this is a function or not. Is it possible to create a battle rattle and kit loadout for a soldier than export to the Units and Groups feature in the Editor?

Like I create a better US Army soldier than export to a new faction (BLUFOR) > (US) > Infantry > Soldier.

Is this possible within ArmA 3 and if not than why the fuck isn't it a feature?!?!?!!?!!!

It's not a feature, because it easily done via scripting. You can even export the whole loadout script. You just need to copy and paste it. In addition, if you play as Zeus, you can already access your loadouts made in the Arsenal.

It is not a feature because units are defined as entries in the config. This can't be modified while the game is running.

I've had ArmA 3 since alpha, but I don't know if this is a function or not. Is it possible to create a battle rattle and kit loadout for a soldier than export to the Units and Groups feature in the Editor?

Like I create a better US Army soldier than export to a new faction (BLUFOR) > (US) > Infantry > Soldier.

Is this possible within ArmA 3 and if not than why the fuck isn't it a feature?!?!?!!?!!!

You could set up your own NATO faction / groups to your liking by creating their own config for your faction. Its a lot of work to set up, but after you have the base unit set its mostly a matter of copy & paste with adding / removing specific items. Unfortunately there is (afaik) no way to do this automatically from the virtual arsenal.

From the arsenal you are able to copy-paste the loadouts you create into the inits of units in the editor and gear them up that way, though that is rather time-consuming. EDIT: Sorry, I missed R3vo had already posted that.

It would be substantially easier if we were able to load into the Arsenal the default soldier loadouts and edit them from there. Currently the Arsenal just randomly selects an infantry config.