smorency44

Operation NorthStar (ONS)

-snip-

Any intention of updating this mod? I'm rather frustrated with the fact that both CAF and ONS don't work correctly and development seems to be dead. Getting pretty tired of having to run around with an American M4 and CADPAT retextures of American BDUs.

Any intention of updating this mod? I'm rather frustrated with the fact that both CAF and ONS don't work correctly and development seems to be dead. Getting pretty tired of having to run around with an American M4 and CADPAT retextures of American BDUs.

If that is the case why don't you learn to build your own mod. mod makers do this in their free time to give it to us for nothing and being told by users they are getting pretty tired and frustrated is not going to get it done any quicker. We all would like to see various mods updated more regular but just appreciate they have lives like the rest of us    

If that is the case why don't you learn to build your own mod. mod makers do this in their free time to give it to us for nothing and being told by users they are getting pretty tired and frustrated is not going to get it done any quicker. We all would like to see various mods updated more regular but just appreciate they have lives like the rest of us    

Honestly mate, when a mod doesn't update for a year and a bit, its completely fair to ask if they're still running it, have simply gone silent, or have decided to soft cancel it. And the easiest way for mod makers to avoid all the questions is by simply saying "Yes its still in development, go away" or "We've decided to move on to other projects or focus on our own lives, go away". I understand it might not, and probably won't, clear away everyone asking that, but it'd at least alleviate the mystery.

• Like 3

Honestly mate, when a mod doesn't update for a year and a bit, its completely fair to ask if they're still running it, have simply gone silent, or have decided to soft cancel it. And the easiest way for mod makers to avoid all the questions is by simply saying "Yes its still in development, go away" or "We've decided to move on to other projects or focus on our own lives, go away". I understand it might not, and probably won't, clear away everyone asking that, but it'd at least alleviate the mystery.

nope...

Them be the rules.

Don't ask for updates or release dates.

We are actively working on the mod. 

We are bringing a lot of cool stuff but we are taking our time to make it right. 

New Griffon, New Chinook (F Variant), G-Wagon, C6-C7-C8-C9, new character (player model), New Camo etc. 

It will be ready when its ready. We are working on it when we have time. 

People with skills are welcomed to help out. 3D modeling & UV mapping specially.

• Like 5

just a question, when is the m777 coming, i'm trying to find it but can't find it anywhere else then in this mod

just a question, when is the m777 coming, i'm trying to find it but can't find it anywhere else then in this mod

When its ready I presume. Which will be when the developers of the mod decide that their work is ready for the public eye.

On 13/09/2016 at 8:18 PM, blackmamba992 said:

When its ready I presume. Which will be when the developers of the mod decide that their work is ready for the public eye.

I would assume when they are ready and not before ;)

I think there is already someone making the m777. I saw some pick on the forum already. Its not in ONS list right now.

Glad to see this being worked on again!  is O'hally still around by chance?

Glad to see this being worked on again!  is O'hally still around by chance?

Thank you!

I believe O'hally is giving his expertise to another mode, I have not heard from him in a while.  ONS Arma 3 is in the works, we've been working on a full new suite and got permissions for some of the old stuff.

More-to-follow... 

• Like 2

Thank you!

I believe O'hally is giving his expertise to another mode, I have not heard from him in a while.  ONS Arma 3 is in the works, we've been working on a full new suite and got permissions for some of the old stuff.

More-to-follow... 

Glad to hear the mod is still under development. And O'Hally seems to have given up on the CAF mod. Last I heard from him he was in talks with the CUP project guys about putting it in CUP. He's been pretty silent the past year and apparently I'm the only one that was able to get a response out of him about the status of his CAF mod.

• Like 1

Glad to hear the mod is still under development. And O'Hally seems to have given up on the CAF mod. Last I heard from him he was in talks with the CUP project guys about putting it in CUP. He's been pretty silent the past year and apparently I'm the only one that was able to get a response out of him about the status of his CAF mod.

Well maybe he is busy in real life, some people do have to change priorities sometimes.

Well maybe he is busy in real life, some people do have to change priorities sometimes.

Well no doubt. Either that or stress and anxiety have gotten to him; As I've experienced myself on numerous online projects I've started.

Well no doubt. Either that or stress and anxiety have gotten to him; As I've experienced myself on numerous online projects I've started.

You have Modding experience Drift? We can always use some help ;)  - 7cmbg.com (website) or, ts.7cmbg.com (Teamspeak).

You have Modding experience Drift? We can always use some help ;)  - 7cmbg.com (website) or, ts.7cmbg.com (Teamspeak).

Unfortunately, no. I struggle enough just trying to tweak configs to my liking. In fact I only now just noticed your post because I came on the forums to ask some scripting questions for my mission. :P

Thanks for offering though, I really wish I could.

By the way is there an estimated release time for the updated ONS mod? I tried to use it once but it wasn't compatible with ACE and the compatibility patch was outdated. I was very disappointed and can't wait to try it again.

• Like 1

Would It be possible to include older Canadian vehicles and equipment such as Iltis/Iltis TOW and Leopard C2, Leopard C2 MEXAS as well as some older weapons like the C1A1? 

Glad the mod is still active. I look forward to some more pictures.

Glad to see a mod team working on a Canadian Forces mod! I just found out this mod exists today, but it's something I'm really looking forward to playing now.