smorency44

Operation NorthStar (ONS)

Features:

- Army, Air Force, Special Operation and support units operating in the Canadian Armed Forces.

- Many new weapons, air/ground vehicles and items will be released as they become available. A few work in progress include:

Aircrafts:

CH146 Griffon

CH147 Chinook

CP140 Aurora

Land Vehicles:

LAV 3 upgrade

Coyote

RG31 Nyala

G-Wagon

Leopard2A4/6

M777

MSVS

HLVW

LSVW

And much more...

damn was been sure that this was released but... :(

Sorry raven will add DDAM to the list ASAP .

The list of vehicles are in the works as upcoming addons to the mod.

Fluffershy I have sent you a PM.

Andrew

Carl Gustav and M72 are AAW's, no mention of us anywhere, nor am I sure If you had permission to use it for A3. I believe you did have permission for A2.

Some other interesting inclusions in the files, the Tan Molle belt texture is from Ardy and I's SOTG A2 addon, not sure what that's doing in there.

Might pay to go back over thing's and find out what you guys actually 'made' it seems.

Sabre,

as far as I know, all our models/textures come from the ArmA 2 public release. Bohemia was thanked, if you think we have forgotten someone let me know. Our guns come the Crisis pack and we have permission for them. As for Arma 3 permission reequired, all we did, like many other groups out there, we migrated to ArmA 3, "not" Call of Duty", same game...but better :)

Sorry but no, they (CG and M72a6) are from AAW, I know our work when I see it. Where you got them from is irrelevant really, although it'd be nice if you could pass onto them to stop using/giving them out that would be good too.

Can you please remove them now. Thank you.

Don't even know what your trying to say with the Call of Duty part.

Edited by Sabre

Nice release guys! We're lucky to have all of you contributing to these mods that add the realism to Arma 3. There is no other competing gaming community that has such an active modding community and flexibility in the game that would enable a Canadian Arma 3 Clan such as 7CMBG to achieve such a high level of fidelity in miliatry simulation.

Since your discussing credit. I have to point out that the "original founder" of ONS was really a guy by the name of Powerslide. I know this because I was there. You might want to edit that. Him and Sigma-6 are the ones who did all the ground work for Canadian units from the beginning. Nothing against Abs but he came a bit later.

This is in regards to your credits on armaholic. Just to clarify.

Edited by C.T

Thank you C.T., we'll add them very soon in the next hot-release.

good job ONS, can't wait to try this out when I get back home!

Thank you razool. Still in somewhat of a "BETA" version, but we have been playing with it at 7CMBG for a while and though it was time to share with others. working on a hot-fix to come out soon...

btw id like to know why the c7a1 a2 and c8 green handle textures are there.. as i allowed them to be used in a2 not a3.

Hey guys, great mod! But I have one question, I understand that you equipped the units with a beret and a helmet, but in a future release will you have units that will be wearing the helmet instead of the beret? Anyways thanks and keep up the great work :)

Hey guys, great mod! But I have one question, I understand that you equipped the units with a beret and a helmet, but in a future release will you have units that will be wearing the helmet instead of the beret? Anyways thanks and keep up the great work :)

Hello Arctic06,

We kitted the soldiers with the beret for our gaming community, the soldier should have a helmet in its inventory ready to put on. We are currently working on a fix to update some of the concerns on permissions you saw in this tread. Should be ready soon, working around the clock with a few helpers. Basically Edward and Chuck are working on new weapons (C7 & C8), maybe a new vest and Helmet, new M72A6 (free model we found online - but looks great) and the Arma 2 MAAWS for the Carl-G. Chuck is also working on a LAV3 upgrade, he's been at it for well over a month now.

More-to-follow!

Steph

Hello Arctic06,

We kitted the soldiers with the beret for our gaming community, the soldier should have a helmet in its inventory ready to put on. We are currently working on a fix to update some of the concerns on permissions you saw in this tread. Should be ready soon, working around the clock with a few helpers. Basically Edward and Chuck are working on new weapons (C7 & C8), maybe a new vest and Helmet, new M72A6 (free model we found online - but looks great) and the Arma 2 MAAWS for the Carl-G. Chuck is also working on a LAV3 upgrade, he's been at it for well over a month now.

More-to-follow!

Steph

Thank you for replying, I cant wait for the next update! Keep up the good work. :]

Hi,

Is it possible that the silencers and elcan scopes are conflicting with the CAF mod (Canadian Armed Forces not CAF - Aggressors)? I have some mission templates that use CAF units and once I installed the ONS mod the C8 silencers and the elcans disappeared. The CAF Optics ammo box still shows the elcan scope but can no longer be mounted on the CAF guns but will mount on an ONS C7 (??).

I noted that Ohally contributed to the ONS mod, is ONS the eventual replacement for CAF? CAF still has many excellent features therefore I am not ready to switch exclusively and give it up yet, but possibly ONS is moving in that direction.

I like the mod and I hope to see more from you guys very soon.

thanks

Edited by Dr@gon

Is there plans for the following?

-FHQ/ASDG Joint Rail Support

-Marksman DLC Support (Bi-pods do not really work that well on the lmg's and resting a C7/8 is a bit weird)

Good work so far. Looking forward to future Canadian Content!

Is there plans for the following?

-FHQ/ASDG Joint Rail Support

-Marksman DLC Support (Bi-pods do not really work that well on the lmg's and resting a C7/8 is a bit weird)

Good work so far. Looking forward to future Canadian Content!

Working on a hot-fix first, then we'll definitely look at making compatible with the good stuff ;)

---------- Post added at 22:30 ---------- Previous post was at 22:18 ----------

Hi,

Is it possible that the silencers and elcan scopes are conflicting with the CAF mod (Canadian Armed Forces not CAF - Aggressors)? I have some mission templates that use CAF units and once I installed the ONS mod the C8 silencers and the elcans disappeared. The CAF Optics ammo box still shows the elcan scope but can no longer be mounted on the CAF guns but will mount on an ONS C7 (??).

I noted that Ohally contributed to the ONS mod, is ONS the eventual replacement for CAF? CAF still has many excellent features therefore I am not ready to switch exclusively and give it up yet, but possibly ONS is moving in that direction.

I like the mod and I hope to see more from you guys very soon.

thanks

it is possible "CAF" used residual "ONS" classnames, I'll have a look. Part of the current ONS team was involved with the CAF addon (although, it's O'Hally's perseverance, before Arma 3 was even made public, that got Canadians within the Arma 3 arsenal so quickly). Hot-fix in the works to take care of a few permission issues, then you'll see the addon grow...:)

I Hope ONS gets the visual update it deserves. Unfortunately I left when this replaced the CAF Addon because I felt it looked terrible and bulky.

I Hope ONS gets the visual update it deserves. Unfortunately I left when this replaced the CAF Addon because I felt it looked terrible and bulky.

Working on it!

For Hot-Fix: Soldiers, M3CG have been updated, M72 and Rifles are almost done.

I'm assuming that the forthcoming update is just a hot-fix patch and no new content ..... right?

I'm assuming that the forthcoming update is just a hot-fix patch and no new content ..... right?

Hot-Fix is essential to answer the ARMA 2 to ARMA 3 unapproved conversion permissions from a few long time ONS contributors, a thing we did not anticipate (as well as two unapproved mistakes on textures we have dealt with) but I might add a thing or two...We'll see how ready the models are. We currently have a few variants of the CH-146 Griffon (TOH template model with BI permissions), an RG-31 (ABS), a LAV-R Coyote (Arma 2 import, slightly modified), a Leopard2A4/6 (see note below) almost ready to go, a LAV 3 upgrade (ABS/Chuck) is also in the works (see pics here: http://7cmbg.com/forum/development/progress-lav-1) to name a few, the majority of these models we play with during our unit operations (7cmbg), but we want to release models that are as error free as we can make them, as well as compatible with other mods. For example, right now I'm trying to better understand the ACE compatibility aspect.

Chuck as also given us a Canadian City Class Frigate (CPF), this one will be a longer project for release some time in the fall/winter, if all goes well.

Of note:

1. John Spartan gave us permission to create a Canadian CF18 Hornet texture to work with what I think is the best Hornet Addon of Arma3 (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22594&highlight=JOHN%2BSPARTAN);

2. bionic (also known as "Skullworks") gave us permission to continue using his Leopard 2, the one we used in Arma 2 (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3916&highlight=BIONIC)

I'm currently on a family vacation, but I will get back to it ASAP...

Cheers!

Since your discussing credit. I have to point out that the "original founder" of ONS was really a guy by the name of Powerslide. I know this because I was there. You might want to edit that. Him and Sigma-6 are the ones who did all the ground work for Canadian units from the beginning. Nothing against Abs but he came a bit later.

This is in regards to your credits on armaholic. Just to clarify.

He's not wrong. However, I was there too...just not using the name 'Abs'. :)

Having said that, I'm not impressed by all the permission issues that this new iteration of ONS is facing. I hope that this new team works on rectifying these practices, and asks before it begins to even work on someone else's addon.

Abs

Unfortunately this mod seems to give everyone godmode on my server. I'm not sure if the ACE compatibility .pbo should fix this, but ACE doesn't let it run because it's outdated.

Edit:
Just confirmed it's an incompatibility with ACE. I ran the mod individually and then with only ACE and CBA. Works fine without ACE, AI and players have godmode with ACE. Also tested with only CBA to be sure and it works fine.