smorency44

Operation NorthStar (ONS)

7CMBG is reviving Operation NorthStar (ONS). We are currently importing many of our ARMA2 models to ARMA 3. If you have modeling, texturing, scripting, experience/talent and would like to help, meet us on Teamspeak address: 192.99.33.121

We have decided to add models that were or are about to be within the Canadian Armed Forces inventory, such as Kiowa, M109, M777, COYOTE LAV2, the new LAV-UP, etc... We could use some help!

See you soon!

JMaBOY6l.jpg

Edited by smorency44
Logo image 2

Great! Big fan of ONS on A2 and glad you guys made the move to port it over and expand it for A3!

I hope you guys embrace some great community concepts as ASDG JR compactibility (as well as compactibility - but not direct dependancy - on ALIVE/AGM/CSE)

cheers!

;2895388']Great! Big fan of ONS on A2 and glad you guys made the move to port it over and expand it for A3!

I hope you guys embrace some great community concepts as ASDG JR compactibility (as well as compactibility - but not direct dependancy - on ALIVE/AGM/CSE)

cheers!

Thank you!

We have our first official meeting this week' date=' Thursday, 12 March, 8pm EST. I'll bring up the compatibility issue. We have members from our Unit working on CSE & Alive so these one will surely be a given, AGM, we'll talk!

Cheers!

S.Morency

[img']http://i.imgur.com/JMaBOY6l.jpg[/img]

Edited by smorency44
fixed name

ah.. it's great to see that logo again :yay:

Hey guys. My name is J.ONeill and I'm a Master Corporal in 7CMBG.

After speaking with Lt Colonel Morency, I've decided that I want to try and create a new map from scratch, based on the Gagetown training area. I'm very new to modding in any respect so am slowly learning how to do things as I go, but I have already managed to stitch together 135 satellite images of the area into a 10240x10240 satellite image covering a 10kmx10km area. I've also imported a height map of the area to use as a baseline for the map, that I will be editing as needed to fit our needs.

Current plans for the map include:

An airfield with the ability to safely land and take off from with large aircraft such as the C-130J.

A firing range extending out to 1.5km or 2km.

A drivers course/area for LAV III and Leopard 2 training.

An artillery range where our indirect fire support can practice live fire of the M777, M109 and M252.

Classrooms for new recruits and display areas to showcase our equipment.

Parade grounds for awards ceremonies.

This map will likely be quite a while in the making because I'm still learning so don't expect it in the immediate future.

Hey everyone, you may remember me as AASE was with ONS since ArmA so have been around for awhile.

Standby for update with a Photo Album.......!

---------- Post added at 22:58 ---------- Previous post was at 22:56 ----------

and the wait is over... here is the Photo Album

Here is the Photo album of our troops and a few guns...enjoy guys!

http://imgur.com/a/UPtVM

Rifles are looking good, the C7 looks a bit to small seeing the guys finger in comparison.

Please dont take this as a request, just as a friendly question - why the Uniform reskins instead of actual uniforms? Compared to the A2 variant it just looks so blant.

Looking good :) Also wondering about the uniforms. Maybe they are only placeholders? I think it´s too much reskins in arma 3 but the reskins looks good anyway so. ;)

We are working on the CADPAT uniforms. These pictures show the current, placeholder, uniform pattern we use at 7CMBG, we are working on better textures. As for the looks, we plan on trying a few soldiers similar to the Arma 2, however, most of Arma 2 soldiers come geared up (such as our old ONS soldiers) so a little re-construction would need to be done, and they look a little skinny and starved :p

Hey guys. My name is J.ONeill and I'm a Master Corporal in 7CMBG.

After speaking with Lt Colonel Morency, I've decided that I want to try and create a new map from scratch, based on the Gagetown training area. I'm very new to modding in any respect so am slowly learning how to do things as I go

Sounds great.. I would check this out once it's released if you're looking to make a map

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?173755-quot-X-Cam-quot-and-quot-DAC-quot-Project

Great to see ONS progressing, as CAF team just disbanded (by O´Hally´s previous statement that CAF team is no more...) so we´ll still have an updated canadian faction ingame =) Anxious to see some vehicles WIP shots too!

The Elcan C79 are going to be 2D/3D or both as on RH optics pack (you can choose a 2D and 3D variant) or toggleable with MRT functions?

cheers!

hey no prob man we are glad to bringing back the mod after the years. stay tuned for Vehicle wip in the next few weeks/days.

as for the C79 Elcan for sure will me 3D but also looking at a 2d version as well.

I'll have a proper post with all info soon, in the mean time, here's the link to our first ArmA 3 release:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29027

Enjoy...help us make it better by commenting and/or suggesting...or better yet...skilled? join the team!

As soon as I saw this I was punched in the face by a moose. You guys rock :D

-Regards

Deny.

New mod v0.5.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey ONS Team , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Nice one eh :)

1. You still havent credited DDAM for various model parts..

2. I were unable to see any vehicles.

1. You still havent credited DDAM for various model parts..

2. I were unable to see any vehicles.

3. You still failed to mention that you used the SOCMOD Normal Maps from the Pants in our mod as well as the kneepads without even asking for permission.

We clearly state that we do NOT allow alteration or changed variants to be published.

Though since you clearly did not care the least about our License i would like you to remove all of our unrightfully used content from ONS asap.

I do not know what lead you to take such messures and then going about it like nothing happened. Your team should be ashamed of the practices you used to boast your own modification for work you did not do on your own but simply stealing from people hoping no one will notice. Guess what, we did notice.

To clarify:

This is your copy paste of our texture file with MC dropped on top of it

http://gyazo.com/7080771663493e3d026b598ba747b95e

While this is the original CO File

http://gyazo.com/a2575fba06be34ea732650ae4faff0a7

Edited by fluttershy