Sign in to follow this  
stoffl

Insignias broken since 1.4?

Hello,

Since 1.4 the Insignias tab in virtual arsenal, both from main menu and from mission, are always empty. This is also the case when I start ArmA without any mods.

Is someone experiencing the same or does someone know a fix?

Thanks in advance

Guest HellGhost

Hi stoffl,

I have the same issue.

Like you, I'll try to launch ArmA III without any mod.

Even if when we think about that, that should be stupid to deactivate insignias with mods because some modders (and me, but on ly for my personnal use) doing some insignias mods.

I don't know why, it's not related to the so called "Virtual Arsenal Everywhere" because I don't use it and it happened without any mods, like you already said it.

I don't know why this feature is disabled.

Anyone else have any idea ?

Searching in Google don't make any results.

try it again with NO mods loaded ! works for me

let me guess you guys use RHS mod? If yes, known RHS problem will be fixed in a next update.

Edited by maquez

Guest HellGhost

maquez :

We already said that even without any mod, still no access to insignias.

So, the "no mods" problem is not the case here, because even without any others mods than the vanilla ones (even without CBA), there is no way to get the insignias.

And like some mods are insignias add-ons, I don't really know why BI get this way.

Protect the profile ?

In ArmA II we already can set a completely different aspect for the player than the profile, so, in ArmA III, why not ?

And no insignias set in Profile Options.

And this issue with the locking options for profile protection integrate the voice and face options.

And for my part, that's still functionnal, I can change the face and voice in the Virtual Arsenal.

And until then, using personnalized characters in VA never break the profile.

So, actually :

- I don't using the VAA mod that can lock face, voice and insignias functions.

- Without any mods, the insignias options still empty.

- With any mods that I actually have, never ever have this problem, only occur since the last BI update.

Here is the proof :

Launching ArmA III without any mods.

=> http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k554/HellGhost/01_zpsdg1x0j8j.jpg

Launching the Virtual Arsenal from the Main Menu :

=> http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k554/HellGhost/02_zpslngxekem.jpg

And no insignias :

=> http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k554/HellGhost/03_zpsqotiqssa.jpg

So, actually, the problem really seems to come from BI.

Hope they will be fix this soon !

Edited by HellGhost

as I told Virtual Arsenal and Insignias works here, there must be something wrong on your side !

you can try to delete "xxxxx.vars.Arma3Profile" but keep in case it does not work a copy of it.

(you will loose saved gear profiles)

Guest HellGhost

If that's it, why BI suddenly lock the insignias ?

Until now, that always being functionnal.

Why doing this now ?

Like I already said, the profile protection is not an issue, because until then, I already start to get custom ID's to units using the VA and I never ever have any issue.

---------- Post added at 08:03 ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 ----------

Deleting the *.vars file is useless, a new one is generated at each launch.

And even launching ArmA III without any mods and after deleting the *.vars file not solved the issue.

I don't think there is anything wrong in my side, but surely something wrong in the last update.

In the first time for this stupid decision to lock insignias if the game is modded, because insignias are the kind of mod we can add.

I try all I can, without any mods, without anything, so in Vanilla, and the issue is still there, so it come from the last update for my opinion, there is no other explanation.

Nothing else can lock the insignias if there is nothing else running than the vanilla content.

Time to ask to BI to get this back.

Same issue here,and I'm now using the newest RHS mod,version 0.3.6.

Also no use when launch with no mods,still no insignias show in VA.

---------- Post added at 14:16 ---------- Previous post was at 14:08 ----------

And,I just noticed it,I can't use the Save & Load function of VA.I saved my gears and could load it one time,when I exit the game and launch it again,I lost all the gear I saved in VA.

as I told Virtual Arsenal and Insignias works here, there must be something wrong on your side !

you can try to delete "xxxxx.vars.Arma3Profile" but keep in case it does not work a copy of it.

(you will loose saved gear profiles)

I am an author of an insignias mod, and I have had numerous reports about this not working ever since the latest update (1.40). And I'm guessing, Maquez, if you aren't having this issue...you must be either running an older version, or using dev-branch, which has been confirmed not to have any issues with the insignias....only on stable. It's not an issue of mods or profiles, it's the fact that the update HAS broken something with the insignias, for stable branch.

With a mod with over 1400 insignias, and still growing, I can't believe this feature has gotten removed. I feel that BI is either working on it, or a mistake was made that got missed when 1.40 was released. Needless to say, I'm not too happy about it either, but I couldn't imagine BI completely removing this feature from the game, especially if it's still working on dev branch. So hopefully it will be fixed soon, or we can at least find out why it's been temporarily removed from stable (could have something to do with the way Virtual Arsenal is being updated).

EDIT: I know the insignias may not be present in VA, but that doesn't mean that they didn't load up (not confirmed, just a theory). Has anyone tried just adding code to the unit init line to add an insignia by classname?

Edited by Siege-A

I am an author of an insignias mod, and I have had numerous reports about this not working ever since the latest update (1.40). And I'm guessing, Maquez, if you aren't having this issue...you must be either running an older version, or using dev-branch, which has been confirmed not to have any issues with the insignias....only on stable. It's not an issue of mods or profiles, it's the fact that the update HAS broken something with the insignias, for stable branch.

With a mod with over 1400 insignias, and still growing, I can't believe this feature has gotten removed. I feel that BI is either working on it, or a mistake was made that got missed when 1.40 was released. Needless to say, I'm not too happy about it either, but I couldn't imagine BI completely removing this feature from the game, especially if it's still working on dev branch. So hopefully it will be fixed soon, or we can at least find out why it's been temporarily removed from stable (could have something to do with the way Virtual Arsenal is being updated).

EDIT: I know the insignias may not be present in VA, but that doesn't mean that they didn't load up (not confirmed, just a theory). Has anyone tried just adding code to the unit init line to add an insignia by classname?

Siege-A, I know your addon is huge but hopefully you've coded your Insignias in such a way that they all inherit from one base class, if so try adding:

scopeArsenal=2;

to the insignia(s) and try your addon again.

It could simply be somehow connected to the fix in my signature that was implemented in 1.40.

As far as fixing the default insignias go, hopefully it'll be fixed in 1.42 (as its apparently already been fixed on devbranch).

my insignia is working fine, you might need to make sure its loading on your spawn or respawn.

my insignia is working fine, you might need to make sure its loading on your spawn or respawn.

The issue isn't with their functionality as a whole, but selecting them via the Arsenal (where they all appear to be missing).

Siege-A, I know your addon is huge but hopefully you've coded your Insignias in such a way that they all inherit from one base class, if so try adding:

to the insignia(s) and try your addon again.

It could simply be somehow connected to the fix in my signature that was implemented in 1.40.

As far as fixing the default insignias go, hopefully it'll be fixed in 1.42 (as its apparently already been fixed on devbranch).

Thanks for the reply, Jackal. Unfortunately, when I first started the addon I didn't see a need for a base class since each class only had 4 fields, all of which had to be defined (don't think author parameter can be inherited, not sure). But of course, looking back, simply adding a base class for the hell of it would have made what you just described a helluvalot easier, lol. But that's alright, shouldn't take long to update the configs, I'll try what you posted and report back if all is working well. Thanks again for the info.

EDIT: Good call, exactly the fix I was looking for. Works perfectly, now to update the rest of the configs. Much appreciated. :cool:

Edited by Siege-A
Fix Worked

Thanks for the reply, Jackal. Unfortunately, when I first started the addon I didn't see a need for a base class since each class only had 4 fields, all of which had to be defined (don't think author parameter can be inherited, not sure). But of course, looking back, simply adding a base class for the hell of it would have made what you just described a helluvalot easier, lol. But that's alright, shouldn't take long to update the configs, I'll try what you posted and report back if all is working well. Thanks again for the info.

EDIT: Good call, exactly the fix I was looking for. Works perfectly, now to update the rest of the configs. Much appreciated. :cool:

So that mean this issue is anothe BIS' fault so far?And it could be fixed even in 1.40?

So that mean this issue is anothe BIS' fault so far?And it could be fixed even in 1.40?

Well, technically yes (via a config addon), but it'd be best if BIS fix it themselves.

now to update the rest of the configs.

I'm glad it worked. You could always do a find and replace and replace the author parameter with the author parameter AND the scopeArsenal addition. I think Notepad will allow adding two lines of code, and it will make work a lot faster ;)

Yes, it can be fixed for anyone that has created Insignia addons. Just add the line of code Jackal posted to each of your insignia classes. I know it is a fault of BI, but at the same time, it really isn't a critical issue (seeing now that one line of code fixes it). BI probably did this during their update to VA, maybe it was a mistake or maybe intentional, either way it's an easy fix and shouldn't be too much trouble for everyone to update their configs.

I'm glad it worked. You could always do a find and replace and replace the author parameter with the author parameter AND the scopeArsenal addition. I think Notepad will allow adding two lines of code, and it will make work a lot faster ;)

Yeah, I decided to take your advice and go ahead and create base classes for all my addons to ensure easier editing in the future (in case something like this happens again). But I appreciate all your help, and glad it turned out to be something pretty simple to fix.

Yes, it can be fixed for anyone that has created Insignia addons. Just add the line of code Jackal posted to each of your insignia classes. I know it is a fault of BI, but at the same time, it really isn't a critical issue (seeing now that one line of code fixes it). BI probably did this during their update to VA, maybe it was a mistake or maybe intentional, either way it's an easy fix and shouldn't be too much trouble for everyone to update their configs.

Yeah, I decided to take your advice and go ahead and create base classes for all my addons to ensure easier editing in the future (in case something like this happens again). But I appreciate all your help, and glad it turned out to be something pretty simple to fix.

Cool,all the members in my Coop unit are using your mod,glad to know this.

Oh,and just wanna ask,after 1.40 update,many icons of the item in VA like ammos and tools became all black icons with no other color.Are there any link between these two issues?

Edited by JinougaF

Guest HellGhost

Siege-A : => "EDIT: I know the insignias may not be present in VA, but that doesn't mean that they didn't load up (not confirmed, just a theory). Has anyone tried just adding code to the unit init line to add an insignia by classname?

Yes, I already do it, and don't work.

I wait for a fix, and like you said, that's coming right from BI like I think since the beginning.

Cool,all the members in my Coop unit are using your mod,glad to know this.

Oh,and just wanna ask,after 1.40 update,many icons of the item in VA like ammos and tools became all black icons with no other color.Are there any link between these two issues?

Not real sure, maybe someone else could answer that. But if it's only happening in VA, then good chance it could be related in some way.

Yes, I already do it, and don't work.

I wait for a fix, and like you said, that's coming right from BI like I think since the beginning.

That is quite strange, I've tested my mod after 1.40 (and before updating with code to fix), and my patches were still present on units that had been configured through classname and init line, even though they weren't showing up in VA. Either way, I'm sure fixes will be inbound.

Guys,try the newest version of the ASDG_JR,it's now v0.14,and it fixed the insignias!Works for me and all insignias are back!:yay:

See the screenshots below.

http://imgur.com/Ty4oeJ3

Guys,try the newest version of the ASDG_JR,it's now v0.14,and it fixed the insignias!Works for me and all insignias are back!

Just as I was wrapping up my hotfix, lol. Oh well, at least that's out of the way.

Guest HellGhost

Yep, the last update of Joint Rails restore the Insignias.

Just as I was wrapping up my hotfix, lol. Oh well, at least that's out of the way.

But at least your addon works independently of ASDG Joint Rails, and its been mentioned that as of the next version (can't remember if it was the next version of the addon, or after the release of 1.42), that Joint Rails wont modify the Arsenal function so you'd still need to perform your fix anyway :)

But at least your addon works independently of ASDG Joint Rails, and its been mentioned that as of the next version (can't remember if it was the next version of the addon, or after the release of 1.42), that Joint Rails wont modify the Arsenal function so you'd still need to perform your fix anyway :)

Thanks again, Jackal, I wasn't aware of that. Either way, I've already put all this work into changing around the configs, so I'll release hotfix later today just in case some don't use ASDG-JR (As unlikely as that may seem). ;)