zozo

End Game MP Mode - Feedback

Is there a guide to getting BIS Revive Working?

Yes, here you should be able to see how to use it in your own mission: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Revive

Suggestion

First, sorry for my poor English  :(

As u know if u create squad, game generate random Insignia. Please Stop that, give players change Insignia without recreate squad!

Check Screenshot for GUI suggestion. Please Add Bar, Scroll for it, and Tooltip for Insignia with Description about Insignia.

Player Press "U", Group Manager is opening, Player Press Create Squad, Game Generate Insignia, Player Click on it and select favourite!

Thank you for your suggestion. :)

• Like 3

Sometimes the task "Upload Schematics" doesn't appear the first time you pick up the schematics. Just happened on EndGame Selakano.

The task appeared once the schematics were dropped and picked up again.

• Like 1

Recently started playing End game again and had forgotten how much fun it could be. Would like to know why there isn't a forum for it so players can leave suggestions/feedback.

This is a really good gamemode and the official servers are getting players on them more regularly, it just needs a bit more support to help improve it and get more players playing it.

Only major issue at the moment is when the map changes from a 36 slot map to a 16 slot map there are usually more than 16 players on the server so some players have to leave. With 23 players on the server it means players who don't get one of the 16 slots have no choice but to disconnect. It's very annoying.

Also a few more maps wouldn't hurt.

Edit: happened again today; 26 players on server, at the end of the round it switched to a 16 slot map, 10 people had to disconnect.

Edited by Oric-1

I have one player out of six that cannot see the simple objectives on their in-game map. He can see team mates, friendly vehicles, respawn points, I guess everything else.  But not objective markers.  ie. "A", "B", "C", etc.

Only using ACE and CBA_A3.

I believe he has extended map content enabled.

Any other ideas that we could look at?

Thanks,

Fire

8 hours ago, FireWalker said:

I have one player out of six that cannot see the simple objectives on their in-game map. He can see team mates, friendly vehicles, respawn points, I guess everything else.  But not objective markers.  ie. "A", "B", "C", etc.

Only using ACE and CBA_A3.

I believe he has extended map content enabled.

Any other ideas that we could look at?

Thanks,

Fire

Remove ACE and CBA and try again

@ fn_Quicksilver,

I will have him do that next time he gets on. I had ignored that since the rest of us are using the same modset, but he very well have changed a setting or have a corrupt file thats causing the issue. I will report back with results when I get them.

Thanks

Ok, well we tested again last night. He's up and running. Unfortunately we really aren't sure what the culprit was.  He had some game option settings different than the rest of us, maybe that was the problem. Didn't seem to be ACE or CBA. Hell, he may have just needed to perform a restart.

I will say though, in hindsight, that I was testing an EndGame mission a week ago and one of the objectives didn't show on my map. The game knew it was there, it was listed in the objectives in the top right of the map, but not showing on the map. I figured it was just a glitch. Worked fine the next time I tested. I build my missions without any mods running. I'll just try to keep a closer eye on this issue.

Fire

Could End Game Revive be tweaked such that FAKs don't revive people with 100% health restored? That would make the medic more useful than just being a shortened hold-action perk... this could be made an optional parameter, with the percentage health restored upon revive being configurable.

@neokika @zozo

@neokika @zozo to continue from the above post...

For an example, here's what @Lexer0 is doing with BI Revive for our F3 fork: https://github.com/Raptoer/F3/pull/93

Current "issues" with Revive:

• Everyone can fully heal everyone
  • Little feedback when downed in a vehicle
  • No animation while healing

Things this pull request changes:

• Restructure of medical code; its a bad habit of mine
  • "Pull out wounded" is now a hold-action; consistence with revive action
  • Virtual camera no longer used in vehicle, player downed as if not in a vehicle; serves same purpose (can't control vehicle, get out, etc.), less hacky, allows players to bleed out in vehicles
  • Restored vanilla behaviour of FAKs and medkits in normal use
  • Reviving a player only heals them as much as a FAK instead of full; full heal for medics would be nice but I believe it to be impossible without basically rewriting BIS Revive.
  • As well as removing "Force Respawn" hold-action while downed, a "Wait to be revived" "infinite" hold-action has been added; allows use of animated central icon (blinks skull when close to death, blinks medic symbol when being revived)
  • Fixes a bug that allows multiple "Pull out" actions on the same vehicle

How this relates to "issues":

• Basically fixed: at worst everyone can heal everyone to FAK level and medics can heal as normal for non-downed players.
  • Now get grey-out screen effect, and "death" animation in vehicles with interiors.
  • While not an animation, the animated icons on both ends gives a reviving and downed player some feedback as to what is happening.

For context, @raptoer had initially tried to spawn a virtual camera when a player got downed in a vehicle, that would show the player a black screen. This was done to prevent the player from being able to control a vehicle while downed (BI Revive bug). However, upon further review and testing, it wasn't considered ideal since the player didn't have adequate feedback.

Anyway, I know Arma is long in the tooth and it seems there hasn't been much work on End Game spectator or revive after Q1 this year, but would be great to see these tweaks, features and fixes integrated by BI as a first party solution.

cc:  @aqarius @darkChozo @costno