zozo

End Game MP Mode - Feedback

Hi,

Recently can't find any official End Game server with active players. I remember few months ago those servers were highly populated and it was fun to play.

Also the mission quite often stucked in the 3rd phase but not displaying where is the carrier so virtually impossible to finish. There were some console command to restart the mission but I don't remember (something like: /restart) or not working anymore.

Anyone else has the experience?

Good day everyone!

We want to use the end game objectives without it placing AI units in the area. We thought we might be able to use the end game code and remove the ai spawning part of it. Can anyone direct me to it or give suggestions on how to do this.

Regards

Is it possible to use the "download intel" type of script for a non-end game mission?

• Added: End Game Zaros
  • Added: End Game Feres
  • Added: Spectator role proof-of-concept (used as 4 slots per End Game so far)
  • Added: Upload Terminal
  • Added: Military Tablet

Just had a play around in the new End Game additions.

Zaros is a pretty cool location for more small scale stealthy gameplay

Feres is a larger game area than the Kavala one, and feels more assault based.

The new Upload Terminal model adds a really nice touch and the spectator camera has the potential to be a solid commentators tool.

So, how are you guys going to account for the amount of hacks/cheats that plague this game? This game mode has the potential to just be populated by hacks/cheats if not policed.

I would suggest keeping this just a BI controlled thing. Create leagues with leader boards and have it policed by BI. Is this something that would be a detriment to the community? No, people can still un-pbo the mission and add whatever they want to it and play it with their friends. However, if you guys make an official league where top players can win swag or just reputation it can be something that brings the community together.  I would suggest a tiered (skill based) league system might be something to spark some excitement in the community. This would require some form of tracking to be implemented. Not sure if that tech exists in this game.

I'm just spit balling. I am tired of looking at this community and seeing how so many communities are separated by such large gaps.

If this is truly a sandbox game why hasn't something like this already been done?

Example: 

Player starts game.

At title screen player can look for end game mode teams to join or create.

Teams can be open, closed, or invite only.

Once a player joins/creates a team they are able to challenge another team with a specified date and time. The team challenged can accept or deny challenge. (Or just captains of teams can do this)

Based off the results of these "skirmishes" teams can move up or down in leagues.

Then official BI tournaments can be formed where swag can be won. Teams can apply and be placed in appropriate skilled brackets.

Something like this would have the potential to really bring the community together.

Hope this feedback is useful.

I tried end game. Nice idea. But too convoluted for everyday drop in and play.

That's one of arma's bigger challenge. Making an official base level MP experience that is popular.

etc

I'd like to see scenarios taken from the arma mythology, and made into epic battles that are focused in a single area, have simple guidelines/goals to make dropping in for some action easy, and clear timelines. And All supported by attractive, professional, animated, yet minimal 3d markers. Even a simple capture the area needs a color marker, status update, etc.

so it's easy to drop in the fight,and more importantly, get to know the community your fighting alongside. Right now it's so divided.

sorry if this has benn answered before but is there a way to know if a unit is in unconscious state? can i do getvariabe for a var or something similar? i couldn't find anything on that so far.

End game introduced nicer icons.

more modern looking.

be nice if you guys don't stop there.

the built in sector control, etc could all do with more intuitive icons and objective information with animated updates to the scenario.

there are some pretty awesome ways other games (not gonna mention which exactly, but as my arma 3 dev version has been crashing all the time ive been playing other games. and am quite surprised at the huge difference the UI and information makes to a game mode, quickly getting into the action, etc. arma 3 has a lot of work that can be done here to help MP community).

• Like 1

I hope my idea isn't lost in this sea of suggestions. I hope someone takes it seriously. ArmA 3 has over 5,000 servers. If you order them by number of players in them you will only find 100-150 servers have people in them. The majority of those having less than 5 people in them.

This community, if it is to progress, needs a radical idea to "keep on keeping on."

I submitted my radical idea that wouldn't be that hard to implement. I hope other people try to come up with more radical ideas to try and resuscitate this community and bring unity to it. This is a global game and I have prospered greatly just interacting with people from different countries. I hope other people, newer to the community, realize this potential.

Hi guys

This post is re the BIS Task Enhancement system.

The task 2D icon tends to cover the map in a large area around the task location, depending on map scale (zoom).

In my opinion there should be optional icon offset with a drawLine from there pointing to the exact task location.

Also, long task title strings get clipped off in the 2D task text box. I know this is a bit of an issue as its not like a listbox, but still not aesthetically pleasing.

Example of the first issue:

Tactical details of the situation are obscured by the icon

2015-11-30_00002_zpsz3ehxw6p.jpg

Zooming in reveals a dire situation at the HQ (orange representing players requiring revive).

2015-11-30_00003_zpsa0canl7y.jpg

sorry if this has benn answered before but is there a way to know if a unit is in unconscious state? can i do getvariabe for a var or something similar? i couldn't find anything on that so far.

anyone got some info on this. jsut want to know, if something like this exists at all at least...

I could not find any specifics about this and the Feedback Tracker did not show any entries so far:

- The revive state in Endgame seems to be broken. Has it been removed? You die right away. Is that intentional? I thought revive was an integral part of the Endgame game mode. 

- You can no longer choose a respawn location after dying. Kind of a bummer because it seems to spawn you randomly arround the map. Especially anoying on the Kavala map, since it is pretty big.

- Intel download does not work. You can use space to interact but it will not start the download. Sadly that is making it imposible to finish a game of Endgame.

Happened on the Official BI servers. Mission restart did not alleviate the problems.

Kind of sad right now because I wanted to show my buddies theis awesome new game mode :-/

Edit:

Tested in a LAN hosted game on the Ferres map and respawn worked as before, revive state functioning propperly. Is there myabe an issue with the BI Official Server's settings or even the Kavala map itself?

Edit 2:

Tested on both EU #1 and EU #2. Kavala mission still not working. 

Here for the same.

Finally wanted to play the improved endgame mode and being dissapointed by bugs...

• Like 1

Sorry for the current issues on Official servers, somehow they were not configured properly.

We are currently fixing these issues.

• Like 1

Hi guys

This post is re the BIS Task Enhancement system.

The task 2D icon tends to cover the map in a large area around the task location, depending on map scale (zoom).

In my opinion there should be optional icon offset with a drawLine from there pointing to the exact task location.

Also, long task title strings get clipped off in the 2D task text box. I know this is a bit of an issue as its not like a listbox, but still not aesthetically pleasing.

Example of the first issue:

Tactical details of the situation are obscured by the icon

2015-11-30_00002_zpsz3ehxw6p.jpg

Zooming in reveals a dire situation at the HQ (orange representing players requiring revive).

2015-11-30_00003_zpsa0canl7y.jpg

Both issues - occlusion and text clipping - are known limitation of current scripted solution. The system is fully optional. If you cannot make sure, your task names are reasonably short and fit into the widget or the occlusion is a problem, don't use the system.

Thanks for the report anyway, I will consider your feedback for next iterration(s).

• Like 1

btw. the official End Game servers are up again

(note: avoid using -autoInit commandline parameter if you use End Game framework and do not block new RE ;) )

• Like 1

Both issues - occlusion and text clipping - are known limitation of current scripted solution. The system is fully optional. If you cannot make sure, your task names are reasonably short and fit into the widget or the occlusion is a problem, don't use the system.

Thanks for the report anyway, I will consider your feedback for next iterration(s).

Thanks

Not a big deal anyways.

What news regarding BIS_fnc_setTask? Seems to not be working at all now. repro = place a custom objective with zeus, fill in the text params

How would one use the End Game spectator script for other missions? Is there any documentation yet for the API?

RscSpectator_allowedGroups and RscSpectator_allowFreeCam - Can those be changed while spectating is active to force it to deactivate?

For unit view, is there or will there be a way to limit it to first person only?

Regarding groups, possibly revive.

Didn't see a good thread to put this in, so I figured I'd drop it in here. 

When incapacitated, you can bring the groups menu up.  This will automatically join the first group in the list (possible variation, since I didn't test with more), and then for the rest of the session, it will keep flashing the "You've joined ### group" hint every few seconds. 

If you need more repro, let me know.  Happened on vanilla feres end game mission. 

How would one use the End Game spectator script for other missions? Is there any documentation yet for the API?

RscSpectator_allowedGroups and RscSpectator_allowFreeCam - Can those be changed while spectating is active to force it to deactivate?

For unit view, is there or will there be a way to limit it to first person only?

Yes, you can find more info here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/EG_Spectator_Mode

When incapacitated, you can bring the groups menu up.  This will automatically join the first group in the list (possible variation, since I didn't test with more), and then for the rest of the session, it will keep flashing the "You've joined ### group" hint every few seconds. 

If you need more repro, let me know.  Happened on vanilla feres end game mission. 

Thank you for the report, we will investigate.

• Like 1

Hey there! 

I have been unable to reproduce the issue. Could you please provide more info? Thanks!

• Like 1

Suggestion

First, sorry for my poor English  :(

As u know if u create squad, game generate random Insignia. Please Stop that, give players change Insignia without recreate squad!

Check Screenshot for GUI suggestion. Please Add Bar, Scroll for it, and Tooltip for Insignia with Description about Insignia.

Player Press "U", Group Manager is opening, Player Press Create Squad, Game Generate Insignia, Player Click on it and select favourite!

jP55jL8.jpg

• Like 1