zozo

End Game MP Mode - Feedback

revive system can be using when respawn = 0 or 1?

I haven't been able to get this combination to work and it seems that at present its not possible. Although im hoping im wrong and someone more clever than me can state otherwise.

The aim being that once an incapacitated player bleeds out, he/she is dead, done, out of the game, with no opportunity to respawn. With respawn set to 1 in the desc.ext, it just kills you with no chance for revival.

I think for tactical coop play, having a player die after bleeding out, with no chance of respawn, would be a pretty neat scenario. Given that the incapacitated dialog has a "hold space to respawn" option, im guess its mutually exclusive at present.

I haven't been able to get this combination to work and it seems that at present its not possible. Although im hoping im wrong and someone more clever than me can state otherwise.

The aim being that once an incapacitated player bleeds out, he/she is dead, done, out of the game, with no opportunity to respawn. With respawn set to 1 in the desc.ext, it just kills you with no chance for revival.

I think for tactical coop play, having a player die after bleeding out, with no chance of respawn, would be a pretty neat scenario. Given that the incapacitated dialog has a "hold space to respawn" option, im guess its mutually exclusive at present.

however we need to be revive with no respawn (or some life ticket) option for tactical coop play.

Edited by Arkblade

Hello.

The Marksmen DLC has been released and now it's time try out our new multiplayer mode, End Game, with you!

We will set up our server to be ready at 1600(1400 GMT).

There are 16 slots, 12 available for public players and 4 available for developers.

Join us and try it!

---------- Post added at 13:59 ---------- Previous post was at 13:19 ----------

Server IP: 109.236.82.30

Port: 2402

Ill try to join in, ready with work in 1 hour :)

I'm using revive in my scenario now, but the following doesn't seem to be working. I've put this into the description.ext.

reviveDelay = 40;
reviveForceRespawnDelay = 10;
reviveBleedOutDelay = 180;

It still runs the default settings when I'm starting the scenario in multiplayer. Have anyone been able to change the parameters successfully?

Hello.

The Marksmen DLC has been released and now it's time try out our new multiplayer mode, End Game, with you!

There are 16 slots, 12 available for public players and 4 available for developers.

Join us and try it!

meh, and I've got an appointment. Will try to be back sooner.

Edited by R3vo

Will the password be lifted?

Will the password be lifted?

sure, I will post it here soon

---------- Post added at 15:54 ---------- Previous post was at 15:22 ----------

Hello.

Join us and try it!

Pass: Banana

Thanks to all who could join. Session is now over but server is back up without password.

Thanks to all who could join. Session is now over but server is back up without password.

Thanks to the devs that came out to play! I had a great time.

And I've just come home :/

Edit:

@Devs: Could you please set the server to auto restart the mission after it's finished? Also, more slots would be neat ;)

Edited by R3vo

I'm using revive in my scenario now, but the following doesn't seem to be working. I've put this into the description.ext.

reviveDelay = 40;
reviveForceRespawnDelay = 10;
reviveBleedOutDelay = 180;

It still runs the default settings when I'm starting the scenario in multiplayer. Have anyone been able to change the parameters successfully?

I've gad it working on dev branch will take a look and pm you when it still works

I've gad it working on dev branch will take a look and pm you when it still works

Oh, okay. Then maybe it didn't come with the latest update.

And I've just come home :/

Edit:

@Devs: Could you please set the server to auto restart the mission after it's finished? Also, more slots would be neat ;)

Maybe a 2nd or 3rd server, it has been full almost the entire evening wenn i wanted to join, of course with keeping a balance with the zeus and heli servers :)

Anyone know where the source code is for End Game so I can see how the revive and other systems work?

Maybe a 2nd or 3rd server, it has been full almost the entire evening wenn i wanted to join, of course with keeping a balance with the zeus and heli servers :)

We now have a second official server available:

109.236.82.30:2302

Endgame #01

Veteran

109.236.82.30:2402

Endgame #02

Regular

Anyone know where the source code is for End Game so I can see how the revive and other systems work?

Unfortunately, we still did not have the chance to documentate the new systems used in EndGame for community use, although you can expect it very soon.

all official BI servers support now EndGame in voting / mission selection

2+2 servers run it by default

Chimera ZeuS server supports EndGame in selection/voting too

Played this new gamemode last night on my squads server and i would have to say its certainly very impressive. To add and change some things i would like to see some mission settings:

• alter the number of enemy ai
  • alter enemy ai skill rating
  • restrict weapon loads at weapon crates
  • more random map locations
  • more random vehicles
  • ability to disable fatigue

Deeper in this thread, there is a documentation so far I remember. ( too lazy to search through all the pages)

I like the game mode, I was just testing it alone and the intel retrieve missions were done very well. I was surprised however on how easy it is to secure the intel when there is only 4-5 soldiers guarding the object. I was also surprised that the objects blew up them self after data was downloaded, I was expecting you would have to use satchel charges which would been good thing for coop. so I'm just little disappointed about that but otherwise the mission was/is fun to play.

Reddit had a opinion

TLDR I just needs to be scaled up from a 9 to something like a 12v12 or even 32v32.

We also found that I would be nice to know less about your opposing team. we could track them the complete game, first using the coloured activated zones and then the dead accurate carrier marker with a pin point to the upload zone (which was way to close to spawns and easy to ambush). I love the mission its really good, but its way to small to even get our tiny squad into one side.

I would love to see the gear, available through the virtual arsenal, to be more restricted to the class. For example, a marksman should not be able to pick any other rilfe than marksman rilfes while the machine gunner should only be able to choose machine guns.

Furthermore it would be a nice touch to have headless client support directly build into the missions.

Had a quick session on the official End Game server just now and the lack of restart or common knowledge of the '#vote restart' code is a real problem.

Trying to get people to do it is a pain, can we please get some pop up info with the command on it for peoples information.

Also lowering the number of votes-for-effect would help considerably.

Right now we get one game then everyone leaves because there's one player sitting on the server doing nothing.

Thanks

E

Played this new gamemode last night on my squads server and i would have to say its certainly very impressive. To add and change some things i would like to see some mission settings:

• alter the number of enemy ai
  • alter enemy ai skill rating
  • restrict weapon loads at weapon crates
  • more random map locations
  • more random vehicles
  • ability to disable fatigue

this! full agree