zozo

End Game MP Mode - Feedback

Sari's server is up 24/7

Join up if you want to

ip: 195.154.215.223

port: 2314

Thanks Zipper5!

Are you planning on making the system customizeable, so mission-makers can for example restrict it to medics-only revive or making it more similar to the ARMA2 wounding system in functionality (if you died when downed you're dead for good)?

Can downed players be dragged/carried by other players?

Edited by Wolfenswan

Sari's server is up 24/7

Join up if you want to

ip: 195.154.215.223

port: 2314

Nice, thanks! ;)

Hey zipper5,

Is there any plan to add animations to the revive system (unless added allready havn't had time to test again) and if your gonna add it is it the standard heal self animation like when you hela someone else or fix a car? Or will it be the proper treathing wounded animation?

Nice, thanks! ;)

If anyone is hoping on please PM or post here.I wanna try out revive system.

Sari should take all credit for keeping server up.

EDIT: People are on right now.

Edited by enex

Thanks Zipper5!

Are you planning on making the system customizeable, so mission-makers can for example restrict it to medics-only revive or making it more similar to the ARMA2 wounding system in functionality (if you died when downed you're dead for good)?

Can downed players be dragged/carried by other players?

Yes, please add the ability, to limit revive to medics only.

Also, I have activated the system now, but on mission start, every player spawns in the sea. Is there any way around this? I tried to set respawnPosition modules and also a marker names "respawn_west".

Thanks very much for the feedback and explanations Thomas.

R3vo,

Having made a few publicly published missions where originally the medic was the only class capable of reviving players I can tell you that one of the most common pieces of feedback I received was that these scenarios made the medic into a proverbial golden goose and gameplay was hampered in instances where either the medic was incapacitated or was unable to perform their role effectively.

I can see why BI have made the decision to allow anyone to revive and I see the time penalty as sufficient to make a substantial difference between a normal player and those with a medikit. Particularly in this game mode which is much faster paced and flowing than your typical tactical COOP.

An example using the current revive system as implemented by Zipper5 when implemented into a more tactical COOP could be:

reviveDelay - 30 seconds - a time halved when possessing a medi-kit

reviveForceRespawnDelay - 999 - prevents players from using their respawn option

reviveBleedOutDelay - 3 minutes - a reasonable time from my previous experiences.

I'm curious to see how this could tie into a scenario with perma-death on though.

Edited by Imperator_Pete
Fixit

Thanks very much for the feedback and explanations Thomas.

R3vo,

Having made a few publicly published missions where originally the medic was the only class capable of reviving players I can tell you that one of the most common pieces of feedback I received was that these scenarios made the medic into a proverbial golden goose and gameplay was hampered in instances where either the medic was incapacitated or was unable to perform their role effectively.

I can see why BI have made the decision to allow anyone to revive and I see the time penalty as sufficient to make a substantial difference between a normal player and those with a medikit. Particularly in this game mode which is much faster paced and flowing than your typical tactical COOP.[..].

I agree, it's possibly the best to allow everyone to revive other player in this marksmen game mode. But still, for tactical oriented communities, it would be very welcome to add the possibility to limit the revive option to medics only.

Is there any plan to add animations to the revive system

We decided that affording the player the ability to instantly interrupt the revive process is one of the highest priorities of the system. This is why, currently, the player does not play any animation while they are reviving a unit. We are looking at different possibilities for improvement in this area.

Yes, please add the ability, to limit revive to medics only.

Correct, this is one of the main reasons we decided to go this route. To ensure our desired experience for the majority of players when they use this official revive system in future, we feel that this design is most consistent with our vision. As such, our current plan is to let players mod the system themselves should they want to limit it to just medics, for example. However, our objective is also to provide mission makers with a stable, unified revive system and provide incentives for them to use it in their own content, so we do believe that it has to support a certain level of flexibility to cover an appropriate range of potential uses.

Also, I have activated the system now, but on mission start, every player spawns in the sea. Is there any way around this? I tried to set respawnPosition modules and also a marker names "respawn_west".

This is most likely because you need to also define respawnOnStart=-1; in your mission's description.ext, as this is the only mode currently guaranteed to work. I do wish to throw out the disclaimer again that the system is currently only guaranteed to work in End Game. ;)

Edited by Zipper5

Is it possible during the revive system limiting the head movement anatomically (clipping see through avatar body and almost 360º vision). Preventing cheating telling friendlies where is the enemy who shoot us down. Or that blurred vision effect like in Episode 2 in the beach after all the operator is bleeding out and starts to losing consciousness.

Edited by Five_Seven5-7

Is it possible during the revive system limiting the head movement anatomically (clipping see through avatar body and almost 360º vision). Preventing cheating telling friendlies where is the enemy who shoot us down. Or that blurred vision effect like in Episode 2 in the beach after all the operator is bleeding out and starts to losing consciousness.

To be honest if you are wounded you can still look around.Right now I don't see any clipping.Also I can't see ahead of myself only behind me.

Blur is artificial, leads to motion sickness.

Ok, so i got a question, I have a custom Emblem for my Squad ANVIL, and when i go to groups, create my own, and customize, i'm unable to switch the Emblem for the group to our Logo. The 111 Unit logo is what it's stuck on. Is there any way to change this, if not, will you guys be planning on making an option for that? I could have sworn there was a way when the Game Mode first game out, as my Custom logo was what was used. But now it's not.

After today's development branch update was applied the weapon sounds are muted. Anybody else has the same problem? It worked this morning for sure.

After today's development branch update was applied the weapon sounds are muted. Anybody else has the same problem? It worked this morning for sure.

On all the guns? because i just started playing on end game and my Rahim sound is just fine.

I had the same when I joined you in Sari's Endgame server. Later played Endgame on another, which worked fine, so I'm maybe leaning towards a server fault.

Ok, so i got a question, I have a custom Emblem for my Squad ANVIL, and when i go to groups, create my own, and customize, i'm unable to switch the Emblem for the group to our Logo. The 111 Unit logo is what it's stuck on. Is there any way to change this, if not, will you guys be planning on making an option for that? I could have sworn there was a way when the Game Mode first game out, as my Custom logo was what was used. But now it's not.

Yes, this will be possible in future iterations.

There will be a strong connection between SquadXML and Dynamic Groups.

More info soon.

Would it be possible to change the groupID of a group once it's renamed in the group manager? Helps for identification in side chat. (Right now even if you rename the group, your group will appear as Alpha 4-3 or something similar in sidechat)

I tried End Game out with a couple of my friends a few days ago and I enjoyed the dynamic nature of the game mode.

I do have one suggestion though: I think it would be good to remove the icon revealing the schematic carrier, at least when he is out of line of sight. Either that or reduce the radius around the upload site in which it's shown (maybe to 100m). As it stands there is no way for the attacking team to do anything other than rush the upload site because if they do attempt to flank their position is immediately revealed. Removing the icon when the carrier is hidden opens a bunch of possibilities for shenanigans, like having one team assault as a feint, while the schematics and a guard or two sneak around the outside.

I understand that this game mode is geared toward newer players and team-oriented tactics, but I think that opening up more options for players keeps the experience fresh.

Would it be possible to change the groupID of a group once it's renamed in the group manager? Helps for identification in side chat. (Right now even if you rename the group, your group will appear as Alpha 4-3 or something similar in sidechat)

Yes, this is a known issue that somehow is not described in the notes. Thanks for letting us know. ;)

I tried End Game out with a couple of my friends a few days ago and I enjoyed the dynamic nature of the game mode.

I do have one suggestion though: I think it would be good to remove the icon revealing the schematic carrier, at least when he is out of line of sight. Either that or reduce the radius around the upload site in which it's shown (maybe to 100m). As it stands there is no way for the attacking team to do anything other than rush the upload site because if they do attempt to flank their position is immediately revealed. Removing the icon when the carrier is hidden opens a bunch of possibilities for shenanigans, like having one team assault as a feint, while the schematics and a guard or two sneak around the outside.

I understand that this game mode is geared toward newer players and team-oriented tactics, but I think that opening up more options for players keeps the experience fresh.

Thanks for the feedback. ;)

The carrier is currently visible when not under geometry (a building, tree, object) to the enemy side, although, friendlies always see their carrier marked.

Although, we want to add a visual indicator for the carrier to know when he is visible/not visible to the enemy, which is currently missing completely.

Neokika, maybe to throw some other parts into the mix, add a recon position that can be captured and lost. This position Gives the team that hold the position control over a uav for recon. Giving the position an actual tactical advantage.

Yes, this will be possible in future iterations.

There will be a strong connection between SquadXML and Dynamic Groups.

More info soon.

Awesome tips. Thank you for that intel.

Zipper, I was wondering if the new revive system plays nicely with the VA?

I'd expect that a revived player keeps the loadout that he had when he was knocked down, but the respawned player get's what he had last time he left the VA.

revive system can be using when respawn = 0 or 1?

request:

in future, revive system can be adding spectating ability when incapacitated ?

it is very useful in some missions.

and can be setting/adding revive speedup item and player unit type instead to medikit?

it also useful when using some mods (eg: AGM,ACE 3)

Edited by Arkblade

whats the name for the endgame map/mode for my server.cfg??

It is MP_Marksmen_01.Altis. Thanks. ;)