zozo

End Game MP Mode - Feedback

We have ideas for Waves of respawn, limiting on player respawn to leaders only, no respawn on leaders which have enemies near, etc.

that sounds great! i'd prefer that over ditching the system overall or making it optional. there are enough other game modes with classic respawn. while the current system in its current state (WIP) can lead to unwanted situations, i think that even if it's "unrealistic" it can still, after some polish, add to the tactical aspect like i mentioned before (keeping teams together automatically so to speak). this system encourages teamplay while classic respawn at base will inevitably lead to lone wolfing especially on public servers. it's a great way of compensating for that.

one thought on limiting respawn on the leaders:

especially in a public environment this can become frustrating, if the leader isn't playing according to his role. he could just ignore everyone else and play as if he's not the respawn hub. this could already happen just due to ignorance/being new to the gamemode/game.

imho it's always good to be more agressive with mechanics, if the outcome is eventually and on average better than without doing so. there are already countless communites doing all the coordination properly via comms but it would be great to have a gamemode for once that allows quickly hopping in and teamplay at the same time.

another thing worth looking into are placable rally points or spawn beacons. that requires more tactical thought and gives less of an advantage since it's a stationary spawn hub. works great in other games/mods.

The respawning doesn't necessarily have to be back at base because I agree, this discourages people from traveling all the way back to the action and makes people just leave the server. Perhaps they can respawn at random locations nearby within 300m but it shouldn't be on top of people during a firefight.

Speaking of the FOB, it seem quite pointless in its current state. Maybe add some additional rewards or reasons to capture it?

edit: also the official test server listed on the website (http://dev.arma3.com/marksmen-mp) is wrong. When you put in the IP an unrelated server shows up. There seems to be only 1 unofficial server that is currently running End Game on the Development branch.

Edited by Komalt

What is the average network latency when this gamemode still playable? Yesterday I joined a server with 140-150 ms latency and I faced huge lagging during the gameplay.

Is it possible to continously display the actual latency somehow? I know there is and icon displayed (broken chain) when the network is lagging but that does not give info about the actual latency.

What is the average network latency when this gamemode still playable? Yesterday I joined a server with 140-150 ms latency and I faced huge lagging during the gameplay.

Is it possible to continously display the actual latency somehow? I know there is and icon displayed (broken chain) when the network is lagging but that does not give info about the actual latency.

Open you command promp by pressing WINDOWS+R and then type cmd

In the cmd you type ping google.com -t

This will continiously show you current ping.

IN GAME press J or M, go to "players", there you can see your current ping. Ping is not equal latency, but it's the best first step you can take. Also you can use the CMD to ping the server (ping 37.187.132.224 -t for example).

IN GAME press J or M, go to "players", there you can see your current ping. Ping is not equal latency, but it's the best first step you can take. Also you can use the CMD to ping the server (ping 37.187.132.224 -t for example).

Actually using ping give some idea of the network latency but it would be better to see what is the ''application'' latency. Like how long ago the client had received info from the server about the position of other players. Difference between these two values would give some hint about how long it takes the server to process data and provide reply.

And what is your average latency? I had around 140 ms latency (based on the info when selecting the server) and it was not really playable. I am curious if the latency causing the lagging or the server slow reply.

Actually using ping give some idea of the network latency but it would be better to see what is the ''application'' latency. Like how long ago the client had received info from the server about the position of other players. Difference between these two values would give some hint about how long it takes the server to process data and provide reply.

And what is your average latency? I had around 140 ms latency (based on the info when selecting the server) and it was not really playable. I am curious if the latency causing the lagging or the server slow reply.

I play on american servers with around 120-140 ping. No problems really. Arma's networking is so sub-ideal that I only feel comfortable shooting static targets. And then it does not make a difference whether you have a 30 or 130 ping.

The respawning doesn't necessarily have to be back at base because I agree, this discourages people from traveling all the way back to the action and makes people just leave the server. Perhaps they can respawn at random locations nearby within 300m but it shouldn't be on top of people during a firefight.

Speaking of the FOB, it seem quite pointless in its current state. Maybe add some additional rewards or reasons to capture it?

edit: also the official test server listed on the website (http://dev.arma3.com/marksmen-mp) is wrong. When you put in the IP an unrelated server shows up. There seems to be only 1 unofficial server that is currently running End Game on the Development branch.

Not sure what would be the best for respawn but surely respawning right in the middle of a firefight not the right way. However I like the idea when your teammate can revive you on the spot. Would be good if you could indicate that you are waiting to be revived. (like marking your position on the map)

Respawning randomly isnt good, because enemy could appear unexpected location.

Few thing which I currently missing:

1. Ability to display name of teammates like in KOTH

2. Different type of intel missions. Like holding an area, stopping a convoy, eliminate a single target etc.

3. Carry your teammates (in case you have the ability to revive)

1. Ability to display name of teammates like in KOTH

Or "How kill an immersive gameplay", if this happens, please Bohemia, add a launch parameter to disable this and/or with an in-game option.

Also, sorry if the question was already posted but, do you plan to provide an unBinarized mission (.pbo or sources files instead .ebo)? It's could be very cool for servers admins who wish to modify the gamemode directly by themselves and break Arma again and again. :pray:

Thanks.

Edited by Anthariel

Or "How kill an immersive gameplay", if this happens, please Bohemia, add a launch parameter to disable this and/or with an in-game option.

Also, sorry if the question was already posted but, do you plan to provide an unBinarized mission (.pbo or sources files instead .ebo)? It's could be very cool for servers admins who wish to modify the gamemode directly by themselves and break Arma again and again. :pray:

Thanks.

Name tags can certainly be added.

About the the unbinarized ebo, I'm not sure, will see if it is possible, but note that the game mode will be fully customizable, so mission makers will be easily be able to setup a whole different mission (different types of download intel objectives), using the EndGame framework. ;).

Will there be an ability to change load-outs to say, respectable DLC weapons? Or will that not be included for now?

Will there be an ability to change load-outs to say, respectable DLC weapons? Or will that not be included for now?

Expect it very soon. You will be able to change equipment at the FOB.

Thanks.

In real life it easy to recognize somebody from 20-30 meters distance, in game it is not that easy. Beside that the name tag should be displayed only when some key is pressed.

In real life it easy to recognize somebody from 20-30 meters distance, in game it is not that easy. Beside that the name tag should be displayed only when some key is pressed.

Most importantly it needs to be optional.

Thanks for your reply neokika.

I agree with R3vo and ErikTrak if anyone need this to play and if it can avoid TK, it's cool, but make it optional for the player please :)

About the the unbinarized ebo, I'm not sure, will see if it is possible, but note that the game mode will be fully customizable, so mission makers will be easily be able to setup a whole different mission (different types of download intel objectives), using the EndGame framework. .

Thanks again, well if your framework is so powerful is cool :D. But for example, some player doesn't like the Virtual Arsenal (kill them please :cool:) and prefer the V.A.S. system for example, can i add this system throught the framework (adding files on the mission, adding objects on the map, and modify the init.sqf and Description.ext)?

I also wonder if the gamemode can be exported on a user-made terrain? Because for example i would like to add the gamemode compatibility with my map Kandahar Province by including the gamemode imported on a custom .pbo for the release. (like this, the player do not have to do it themselves).

Well, i guess it's not possible with a simple framework that's why it would be cool to have the unbinarized .ebo :).

Thanks.

Edited by Anthariel

Anthariel,

What you will probably find is that the new game mode will consist of modules that can be placed in the editor and synced to various triggers and locations. This is currently how the existing multiplayer game modes are already done. Based on BI's previous implementations I would imagine the same approach be taken. This would allow implementation on any terrain/map.

The group manager for example will likely fall under the Modules(F7) tab which can then be placed into any mission and utilised from there with supporting insignia defined in the description.ext for the customisation tab.

Hopefully there will be Splendid amounts of thorough documentation of these modules! *nudge nudge wink wink*

Well, i guess it's not possible with a simple framework that's why it would be cool to have the unbinarized .ebo :).
That's probably going to be later (read: whenever the number-crunchers at BI believe that they've sold all the Marksmen DLC that they ever will ;)).

I would like to invite you to today's "Play with Devs" session. Session should start at 15:00 CET. We are looking forward to play with you guys! :) For more info please click here

Couldn't you devs do it in the weekends? :( would love to play with you but I'm stuck on work through the week :(

P.s. Playing videogames during work.... Noice!

Just shut down the server I've been runnning for the day, should channel more people onto the proper one :)

Well, it's was very cool to play with the devs and others players today! :cool:

But I think that at the end (of the second party) a player who had the schematics disconnected and this create a bug which was that we could not finish the mission (I believe).

Edit: Bug I had during the mission, click here

I've also a lot of error in my RPT: "Client: Object 8:30 (type Type_X) not found." (~1.500 lines)

I've also this: "Wrong weapon selection." (~2.000 lines)

X is a number (115, 190, 105 and lot of more).

You can download the RPT by clicking here (I think you have the same of me but...)

Edited by Anthariel

Hi guys!

I was happy to play with you. Thanks for joining this public session. Sounds like you had fun.

We are working on improving this mode and we will be releasing another iteration next week. Looking forward for your feedback.

Thanks again ;-)

Couldn't you devs do it in the weekends? :( would love to play with you but I'm stuck on work through the week :(

P.s. Playing videogames during work.... Noice!

We'll definitely try to do some sessions over the weekends :)