zozo

End Game MP Mode - Feedback

It would be great to have 1 or 2 official server running this mode, because there're currently no servers running this mode.

Having an official server would speed up the feedback/testing process in my opinion.

Sounds an interesting concept and i hope it works well. As at present traditional PvP in Arma3 has been on a decline since the Alpha. As at present we still don't have a working flag for simple CTF modes.

Is there a plan to have this multiplayer mode scale up or down to the number of players entering or leaving the server? It would be nice if this mode could be played equally well on both a large or small scale. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question.

It would be great to have 1 or 2 official server running this mode, because there're currently no servers running this mode.

Having an official server would speed up the feedback/testing process in my opinion.

Yes, for sure. In future, we will expand it's reach with official servers and so on.

To provide some context - given that the mode really is a pre-ish alpha- we wanted to be a bit more confident that it was stable 'out in the wild' before taking these steps.

Is there a plan to have this multiplayer mode scale up or down to the number of players entering or leaving the server? It would be nice if this mode could be played equally well on both a large or small scale. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question.

No that's a good question. Right now we only have the kinda static version available; one location, one player-cap. Pvt. Nelson has plans to address this once we're satisfied with some of the more basic aspects of the mission flow.

Best,

RiE

seems hosters are few and far between so i set up a dev server, will do my best to remember to update it every day...

ip: 195.154.215.223

port: 2314

If you cant find it/cant connect etc, gimmie a yell. One thing to note is that the mission currently does not appear to end itself so people will have to #vote restart each time (ive set the voting threshold quite low)

If you cant find it/cant connect etc, gimmie a yell. One thing to note is that the mission currently does not appear to end itself so people will have to #vote restart each time (ive set the voting threshold quite low)

Gonna join you after lunch.

Edit: I've got some more feedback.

- The wrong CSAT respawn point is called FOB.

- We need NVGs or flares in the Arsenal.

- I would like to see more realistic Fireteams and Squads. Currently we have like 5 marksmen,1 medic and some others.

Edited by R3vo

Unsure if this is related to the game, mission, or my PC. But I crash 3/4 through loading when trying to load up the new mission if I use the launcher to start the game. Running Arma 3 without the launcher worked fine.

Gonna join you after lunch.

Edit: I've got some more feedback.

- The wrong CSAT respawn point is called FOB.

- We need NVGs or flares in the Arsenal.

- I would like to see more realistic Fireteams and Squads. Currently we have like 5 marksmen,1 medic and some others.

Thanks for the feedback!

Yes, currently both default loadouts and virtual arsenal ones are missing NVGs, will be added in next iteration.

Also, loadouts are not final, expect some improvements soon, and major improvements once Marksmen DLC reaches the Dev-Branch.

;)

for me the start of the mission is a bit laggy but i don't know why

Interesting... I like the group management system.

I Also like the info bar on the right part of the screen. position is abit crap maybe though. large spaces inbetween everything and ATV's are not really my forthe..... first time trying to reach intel resulted in me making about 4 frontflips after 30 seconds and destroying my atv... by the time i knew where i was the enemy took the data somwhere acros the AO from me and went to the HQ whitout me even seing him... so maybe upload has to take allot more time (Like 5 mike)

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

[/color]First Thing a Question.

is it needed to have the DLC's to take part of the beta alpha...?

Second some thoughts.

I know that one of the objectives is that this new multiplayer game mode works as template to let modders to do new MP modes with them, so you need it to have Co-Op in it. But i would like to see some full PVP version of the "End Game Mode".

My suggestion.

4 Sides, NATO,CSAT,AAF Stablishing a FOB, fighting for the intel and Device and the fourth Side FIA [Civilians with FIA gear] as terrorist or guerrilla that must Protect the intel, ambush, sabotage the military sides plans. That way it would be full PVP with no Ai involved and the concept don't change much.

Another Addition.

Maybe to force the military sides to defend their FOB's, if FIA destroys a sides base those players are switched to the terrorist/ guerrilla team. When just one Military side stands and its outnumbered a countdown starts, So they have to keep their base alive and acomplish the Device or the last objective. If they succed Military side wins if they don't succed Guerrilla wins.

That makes that any of the four teams can win and in my opinion make the game interesting and fun until the end.

Edited by Esfumato

End game mindset is designed around mixture of PvP and COop.Just because some people prefer PvP they won't change the concept of End game MP gamemode ; )

End game mindset is designed around mixture of PvP and COop.Just because some people prefer PvP they won't change the concept of End game MP gamemode ; )

While Zeus DLC was released it was desingned to make co-op missions on the fly and Have Zeus as a Game Master, then people asked for other game modes like Zeus vs Zeus and BIS released it.

I Don't see why Bis can do the same with this new DLC.

They could simply add a mission parameter which enables/disables AI.

I also like the idea of having 4 factions fighting each other. But I'm not sure if civilians can really be used as guerilla force.

Nice game mode. I think it is a bit too easy to be able to spawn on all squad members though. Adding a difficulty option to the mission parameters to spawn only on the squad leader could be interesting.

Bigger scenarios with schematics uploading points far from the original combat zone and with full sandbox content available could be a blast too!

Yes the option to respawn in every team member gives the feeling of none sense to the game mode. It must be removed.

Ai should be spawned on start on mission, is weird to see how the Ai spawn at mission areas just 200 meters in front of you.

destroying the UAV on the east side left me with no option of getting its intel, maybe it should cancel the objective if destroyed ?

and maybe AAF should be playable so you get the option of defending intel

i like the mission (did it single player LAN) kinda simple without opfor but nice concept and i should try multiplayer :D

(destroying intel to prevent opposition of getting it would be a fun option as well :D)

Just tried this on multiplayer with a couple of people and as is, it is terrible. But since I know that the intel locations at the same position for both sides is a known issue then if they change that the mode could work well.

The other problem is the respawning. The respawning is so unrealistic especially in this type of game. Respawn should only be allowed at set locations far away from objectives and not on top of players. Otherwise its an endless Team Deathmatch arcade shooter. Team switching also needs to be disabled and there really needs to be an option enforce team balancing, I shouldn't be able to join in a server with 8 Blufor and 2 Opfor and be able to join Blufor. If these issues are fixed the game mode could be fun and interesting.

Edited by Komalt

Just tried this on multiplayer with a couple of people and as is, it is terrible. But since I know that the intel locations at the same position for both sides is a known issue then if they change that the mode could work well.

The other problem is the respawning. The respawning is so unrealistic especially in this type of game. Respawn should only be allowed at set locations far away from objectives and not on top of players. Otherwise its an endless Team Deathmatch arcade shooter. Team switching also needs to be disabled and there really needs to be an option enforce team balancing, I shouldn't be able to join in a server with 8 Blufor and 2 Opfor and be able to join Blufor. If these issues are fixed the game mode could be fun and interesting.

this.

respawn is chaotic, i think respawn at FOB or zones away from action would be better

I dont like it, looks like unreal tournament:

Chaotic respawn in the middle of the shootings

If a player joins in the middle of the action its better to respawn than walk a mile from FOB to get some action

Create balance not 3 vs 7

Create greater distances like invade & annex to many action compacted in a city, too much retrieve intel for so many short distances.

respawn is chaotic, i think respawn at FOB or zones away from action would be better

The issue is that it is really fast paced, so if the ennemy team, kills your entire team, it is game over. Respawns on squad leader + FOB should be fine IMO.

can people spawn on eachother at all times or is there a check for if they are in combat? i could swear i got shot by a guy popping right out of the ass of a guy i just killed (yes he had just dropped...wasn't alive anymore). if that's the case then it needs to be more on point so it doesn't happen after death.

i'd prefer a combat check though to avoid ridiculous situations. even bf4 has it now and it's really easing up on the ridiculousness of such a fast paced spawn system. don't get me wrong. i always wanted a system like this in arma 3. big fan of the concept itself.

we had it in insurgency in arma2 but there it was better due to the combat check (check for near enemies i think). not only prevents it people appearing infront of you but it also creates this interesting tactical aspect of having to fall back as the last remeining guy to allow your squad mates to spawn. it takes the chaos of people appearing right inside combat out a little and keeps some kind of imaginary shifting frontline.

Create a respawn system like more Day of Defeat (Wave Reinforcement) instead Unreal Tournament/QuakeIII its more realist then popping near our squad mates. People have trigger happy, something popping right next to them can create friendly fire.

I saw avatar pass clipping trough walls, cant tell is it was lag issue or due to respawn system.

Thanks!

I mostly agree on the respawn, it will be optional in the future, and hopefully, the current system will also be improved.

We have ideas for Waves of respawn, limiting on player respawn to leaders only, no respawn on leaders which have enemies near, etc.