zozo

End Game MP Mode - Feedback

We want to experiment with releasing an early alpha version of our new multiplayer game mode - End Game (working title) - to elicit gameplay feedback, and unlock Dev-Branch's potential for iterative improvement via dialogue between devs and players.

For more information about this mode, please check out our Public Alpha web page, which details the gameplay and supporting MP systems (Dynamic Groups and Shared Objectives).

This thread will gather general feedback on the mode and it MP systems (currently: 'Dynamic Groups' and 'Shared Objectives'). We've also created an announcement thread where you can track updates to the mode and find out about any playtest events.

SPLENDID DISCLAIMER

• Be warned: the development build is not final software; content and technology is subject to change and may still contain errors/ lack certain features.
  • Be warned again: this is an alpha version of a game mode in a beta-build environment!

Thanks in advance for your feedback, and see you on the battlefield!

- zozo

Edited by RoyaltyinExile

The Marksmen Public Alpha website links don't work correctly. Those forum links lead only to the main page of the forums and not in the threads ;) Just if you haven't noticed yet.

I was a bit dissappointed when I saw the established FOB. For the sake of authenticity, I would like to see a real FOB with fortifications and things like that.

Kind Regards

R3vo

Just played a few minutes of it on my own. Pretty neat concept! Just off the top of my head, one suggestion would be to have the ATV's face outward at the NATO FOB instead of inward, toward the warehouse. Just a quick fix to add some convenience.

Establish FOB they said. Establish, they said. Implying i wasn't going to get shot at first thing as i expected to approach an empty spot to setup an FOB, instead ended up almost dying from un-expected bullets. I guess that was entirely my fault though, for not being prepared for the un-expected. Heh. how about "Secure The FOB"?

Good stuff so far, guys!

Definitely worth saying that all compositions are placeholder; we don't want to lock down these details until we're happy with the basic flow.

Welcome to pre-alpha. Best of luck out there.

Best,

RiE

The Marksmen Public Alpha website links don't work correctly

It sure is purty though!

Going to have a play later this evening.

E

The Marksmen Public Alpha website links don't work correctly. Those forum links lead only to the main page of the forums and not in the threads ;) Just if you haven't noticed yet.

Thanks for letting us know, a fix is inbound.

I was a bit dissappointed when I saw the established FOB. For the sake of authenticity, I would like to see a real FOB with fortifications and things like that.

Kind Regards

R3vo

Thanks for this initial feedback! Current object compositions are work in progress, expect much better compositions overall in the next few days.

;)

Hmmm...I was expecting a bigger scale...like 2 platoons versing each other with a company or more of AAF AI...I guess that's what is really popular in multiplayer...large scale battles

Thanks for this initial feedback! Current object compositions are work in progress, expect much better compositions overall in the next few days.

;)

That's great to hear:yay:

How do I connect? I have tried to 37.187.132.224: 3202

but I don't find anything.Are public servers up?

Thomas Ryan

Revive Scripted Prototype

nice : )

Edited by HaZZarD

Thomas Ryan

Revive Scripted Prototype

nice : )

Sounds interesting. Will this be part of the Marksmen DLC?

Got a Phase 2 task to get some intel from a UAV. AAF machinegunner destroyed the UAV by accident trying to kill me. Task can't be completed, but is still available in the UI.

Am I understanding it right - it is visible to other members on my side how many people set one or the other task as current? And if it is, is it visible who exactly took this assignment?

Bug report:

First thing I notice is that the respawn point names are in the wrong order to that which is selected...

i.e. If I select the last respawn point reached on the respawn map interface, the menu to the left shows my selection as the FOB.

Got a Phase 2 task to get some intel from a UAV. AAF machinegunner destroyed the UAV by accident trying to kill me. Task can't be completed, but is still available in the UI.

Interesting, will take a look. ;)

Am I understanding it right - it is visible to other members on my side how many people set one or the other task as current? And if it is, is it visible who exactly took this assignment?

Yes, in future iterations you should be able to see who exactly took the assignment.

seems hosters are few and far between so i set up a dev server, will do my best to remember to update it every day...

ip: 195.154.215.223

port: 2314

seems hosters are few and far between so i set up a dev server, will do my best to remember to update it every day...

ip: 195.154.215.223

port: 2314

Awesome, thanks. :D

It seems like an awesome concept. I don't really play vanilla Arma 3 multiplayer but maybe if this is good that will change. Arma 3 really needs some good gamemodes.

Also is the official server down? It doesn't show up for me when I remote connect to it.

Sounds interesting. Will this be part of the Marksmen DLC?
Not announced for the DLC and not guaranteed... and in any case, if these scripted iterations are only prototypes then BI might well do something else altogether for how an engine-supported version would work under-the-hood.

The group manager looks nice!

Will have to test this out over the weekend.

Not sure if this a bug or not. I decided to check out the game by myself so I entered as a BLUFOR marksman. I initially seized the FOB and later completed 2 intel objectives with no issue...other than offroad-launched-across-map-ness, but still. Upon seizing the 3rd intel task, a UAV, I downloaded it and proceeded to enter a nearby vehicle. Then my screen flashed victory, and it said the opposing team was unable to keep up with my performance.

Other than that, it was pretty fun. Something I'd like to see however would be the ability to change our looks in the beginning, like different headgear and uniforms, etc.

And one last question which may be a little off-topic here, will the MP mode be shown in the livestream?

Thanks for this initial feedback!

Not sure if this a bug or not. I decided to check out the game by myself so I entered as a BLUFOR marksman. I initially seized the FOB and later completed 2 intel objectives with no issue...other than offroad-launched-across-map-ness, but still. Upon seizing the 3rd intel task, a UAV, I downloaded it and proceeded to enter a nearby vehicle. Then my screen flashed victory, and it said the opposing team was unable to keep up with my performance.

Yes, this is expected behavior, because the opposing side had no players, and since the last phase of the mode (Secure Schematics) is PvP only, if one of the sides has no players, the mission will end after phase two (Download Intel).

Other than that, it was pretty fun. Something I'd like to see however would be the ability to change our looks in the beginning, like different headgear and uniforms, etc.

Currently, after you Establish FOB, you will be able to find there a couple of ammo boxes which allows you to access the Virtual Arsenal in-game. Which allows you to customize your character in-game.

The current limitations though, are that the loadouts in these virtual ammo boxes are currently placeholder (not final) and the loadout you select, won't be currently saved (so if you respawn you get the default loadout), but this will be fixed soon.

And one last question which may be a little off-topic here, will the MP mode be shown in the livestream?

We have plans to have a livestream playing it, but because the current state is still very work in progress, we won't show it in the next livestream, but the one after. ;)

Edited by neokika

I had some fun yesterday. I think you are on to something here.