Sign in to follow this  
Korneel

Arma 3 - Marksmen DLC First Look Livestream

My Twi'lek girlfriend is meeting her old collage roommate (she's a zeltron FYI) on Corelia and I have to accompany her (my girlfriend). If the holonet connection is good enough and if my girlfriend wont mind, I might just drop in for a couple of minutes...

Got to cut this internet forum post short, my hot female alien girlfriend is calling me...

:beam:

I'll just stick with the earthlings for now.

Btw korneel what about the : weekly dev streams am I missing something?

Kwil namelijk wel eens wat vaker iets missen :P

Wassent that because after the holidays Make Arma Not War judgement started and now the focus is on the DLC first? Matt was part of the selection group for finalists ;) Do agree i miss the livestream even though not the best time for due to work on fridays ;)

Will you go into details on the spotter role too, or will it be shooter focused ?

The initial plan for the livestream is to present an overview of the Marksmen DLC sandbox content (new weapons, platform features e.g. weapon resting and deployment) with most likely a quick intro to the playable content (Virtual Garage, showcase scenarios, End Game MP mode). And there will surely be some bouncing (so to answer the question, the livestream will not be about the specific player roles per se).

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Btw korneel what about the : weekly dev streams am I missing something?

Kwil namelijk wel eens wat vaker iets missen :P

Indeed, as Melle pointed out, Captain Livestream a.k.a. Matt Lightfoot has been a bit occupied during the past few weeks, but hopefully he'll be able to get into the (bi-)weekly livestreaming again soon :D

Todays the day. Time to impress this lady and forget about arma. Wish me look ;)

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 ----------

<sigh> luck - mobile

Wish me look ;)

Is that how you say "luck" in Dublin, Ireland?

Edit: Oh, I see. Auto-correction... :)

Todays the day. Time to impress this lady and forget about arma. Wish me look ;)

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 ----------

<sigh> luck - mobile

I hope you realize now that you've involved everyone here in your date, you'll have to tell us how it went. ;)

I'm sure there's a rule against failing to deliver juicy details.

I hope you realize now that you've involved everyone here in your date, you'll have to tell us how it went. ;)

I'm sure there's a rule against failing to deliver juicy details.

Not you to man... not you to... :icon_frown:

can this stream be recorded please, viat twitch, so ppl with earthlings female companions and social life and watch it at a later date?

can this stream be recorded please, viat twitch, so ppl with earthlings female companions and social life and watch it at a later date?

You can watch the streams later on Twitch.

Anyone else having issues with Twitch?

Yeah, first of all it loaded an empty frame, when I reloaded after ~5 min I got a messed-up screen with the rotating-bar widget in the middle. Been like that for >5 mins.

Probably just overloaded.

Edit: gave up on it.

Edited by Orcinus

Great presentation, looking forward to try out the bipods as well as other new features!

/KC

Bipods/Deployment/sound/new gameplay with all of this whats not to like...can't wait. Nice Showcase BIS.

I think the only thing they could have touched base on more was the new Ghille suits. Other than that, great show.

Hi, great stream and nice features!

I want to ask if the DLC content is closed or can be extended.

I think you should add shotguns in this DLC because can open a new dimension in CQC. May is too late, but the addition of a Master key for some assault rifles, a Striker for greens, an AA 12 for NATO and a KSG for CSAT with different ammo types could be a well come addition. (I think that weapons not break each nation style)

But if they come also are needed some features, like the option to carry this kind of weapons (and also SMG/automatic pistols) in the missile launcher slot. Then it would be used much more often and also add the possibility to snipers to defend themselves with SMG like IRL they do and soldiers with the role of assault buildings but keep the long range option with the carabine.

Thanks for reading this text wall :)

Did anyone else notice the new vest worn by the soldier just before the stream began?

Thanks for giving up some of your Saturday guys. Look forward to seeing this roll out. As always thank you and keep up the good work

Yeah the new Ghille suit looks awsome, more like the ones from OFP.

Did anyone else notice the new vest worn by the soldier just before the stream began?

Now that you mention it, yes, and it has an IOTV feel to it from what I can tell.

Sounds like I missed out.

Oh it's going well before you all ask. #datass

I love the new Garage feature. Adding benches and stuff seperately to the little birds is just awesome.